Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k power cables for ransom

Discussion in 'Audio/Video & Home Theater' started by AudioTruth, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pacfanweb

Pacfanweb Lifer

He's clearly a troll. Nobody can possibly be this dumb. I'm ashamed that I even gave such an obvious troll any attention.

2. AudioTruth

AudioTruth Member

No, not troll. When using logical thinking you will find the truth about my products. Why would anyone spend a decade tweaking something that gives no difference in sound? Day after day. It's easy to call others dumb when the truth is too difficult to comprehend.

3. skriefal

skriefal Golden Member

There was also a thread at the Canuck Audio Mart forums, but it appears to have been deleted. The spam is generating a lot of free advertising. If even one person reading this is dumb enough to think "hmm... what if..." and then buy an $80K (or $8K or whatever) power cable -- or a $2K blob of melted metal that magically grounds your equipment (without being grounded) -- it's more money in his pocket.

Stop feeding the troll. All of us.

#128 skriefal, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  4. cheez

cheez Golden Member

I'm not AudioTruth. If this guy is Patrick82 I would like to meet him. Have a cup of coffee and discuss about cool cables. I love cables to death due to visual appearance and serious increase in sound quality.

Best advice indeed.
    It's the ears, not stupid equipments to measure.. the sonic signatures can't be measured. The ears can. ;)

Framerates on video games can be measured, but sonic signatures can't. Only the ears can conduct this.

I do not regret buying a $1200 1.5m mini cable 5 months ago as it's giving me a huge difference in sound out of MBP.

My next cable upgrade for the Focal speakers will be the Audioquest Niagara XLR cables which will run $1800 for only 1m long. This will happen sometime second quarter of next year. First quarter I will be getting the $1200 external DAC...

I would love to buy me a couple of Power cables ($2400) but I don't have money for that unfortunately. :(

#129 cheez, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  5. Deders

Deders Platinum Member

What about with a decent microphone and spectral or harmonic analyser?

6. modestninja

modestninja Senior member

You guys know as well as I do that the FSM alters these "scientific" results with his noodly appendage. The only thing you can trust as these two disciples rightly teach is your ears since his noddly appendage is totally grossed out by earwax.

7. KentState

KentState Diamond Member

Must take a lot of self delusion to justify your purchases. We can detect something as difficult as anti-matter, but nothing can determine a distinction between two audio sources but the human error. ROFL

8. AudioTruth

AudioTruth Member

That's because they only measure the data of the audio sources. That's what skeptics do, they think of things in a digital manner, bits are bits, only 0 and 1 is possible...
    Maybe in the future the skeptics will figure out how to measure things properly. In the mean time, the believers are enjoying the great eargasms cables give.

9. Howard

Howard Lifer

Right, because analog interconnects pass 1s and 0s too.

10. Number1

Number1 Diamond Member

Get several people, including yourself, to do a blind test with your equipment and get back to us.

Some people could nott wrap their mind around the fact that the plane would take off. Mythhbusters settled the argument for good. Maybe we should get them to test very expensive audio cables.

11. RampantAndroid

RampantAndroid Diamond Member

Uh...power cables do not equal digital transforms. Ever hear of an oscilloscope?

[​IMG]

This is pretty comical, I must admit...

#136 RampantAndroid, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  12. AudioTruth

AudioTruth Member

The standard blind tests are a flawed way of testing. In all blind tests I made, I scored 100% on the first few trials, but then I got listening fatigue and had to quit. The best blind test is a multiple choice test, I compared 8 power cables, my answer was none of the above, and it was correct (the one who switched the cables made a mistake, and this was audible).
    It has happened in another blind test too, that the tweak was placed upside down, and I could hear it. Tests like these are far better than simple A/B blind tests where you get fatigued after a few trials.

13. AudioTruth

AudioTruth Member

Parcel with the cables is waiting for me at the post office now! I'm going to get it!

14. Deders

Deders Platinum Member

So basically at no point were the fancy cables in the system during he tests? but you could hear the phasing when one of the cables was put in the wrong way around?

15. rbk123

rbk123 Senior member

Cheez - you're trying waaaay too hard** Best if you sit out the next couple of troll attempts as you aren't in Audiotruth's league** When the Truth moves on, you can ***e back and claim your top cable spot**

16. cheez

cheez Golden Member

Good call** Check your ear canals to see if you have wax build up** If so, remove them** They will certainly affect ability to hear**

Good call on the ear fatiguing** Yes I get ear fatigue in just a matter of a few minutes**

It's the people that are hearing impaired or have a lot of wax built up won't be able to tell the difference between systems with different cables******

It doesn't have to be a over a thousand dollar to spend on a cable to hear the difference in sound** Start off with a $200 cable** Huge difference**

#141 cheez, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  17. cheez

cheez Golden Member

I'm not trying hard anything** I am just posting what I feel like posting** And I don't have much time to spend at the forum as I'm pretty busy** I haven't read all posts on this forum yet** I am just as hardcore as Audiotruth when it ***es to digging cables****** haven't you read my famous thread before? I wax cables and polish them** ;) You are behind** :D

18. rbk123

rbk123 Senior member

B- work at best Cheez. The Truth has raised the bar so you're going to need to up your game.

19. RampantAndroid

It saddens me that there are still people gullible enough to believe in this stuff...a cable doesn't make a difference. Power conditioning, sure. Proper filtering, yes...but cables?!

Hell, people still but $150 HDMI cables...when there is ZERO reason to.

20. Phanuel

Phanuel Platinum Member

Shams. Surge protector or a UPS are the only things worth caring about between the wall and your system.

21. uhohs

uhohs Diamond Member

22. AudioTruth

AudioTruth Member

The power cable was plugged in, but not deep enough, there was a few mm gap, and this was audible. My answer was that the cable wasn't plugged in deep enough, because that is how it sounded like, and it was the correct answer. I chose the correct cable too, PS Audio Statement, but didn't pick the correct length. 1.5m vs 1m was a small difference.

Here's the secret youtube video: http://youtu.be/S_bMgSYpZac

23. Aharami

Aharami Lifer

reading this thread is like stepping into a parallel universe!

24. RampantAndroid

Then you're ill informed. A lot of places get noise on their AC power, and a power conditioner is designed to clean that up.

25. styrafoam

styrafoam Platinum Member

"reading this thread is like stepping into a parallel universe!"

It's great isn't it? I love it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.