Steam Sale Begins Today 1pm est - GAME OVER :(

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gospel

May 1, 2010
Today's deals:
R.U.S.E. - $33.49
Left 4 Dead 2 - $6.79
Singularity - $24.99
Hegemony: Philip of Macedon - $3.00
Grand Ages: Rome - 80% off
Europa Universalis III Complete - $5.00
Shatter - $2.50
Grand Theft Auto IV: Compete Edition - $10.00
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition - $9.99
Transformer: War for Cybertron - $19.99
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $29.99
Star Trek Online Digital Deluxe Edition - $7.50

Daily Indie Deal:
Arcadia - $1.70

Graxe

Feb 5, 2008
I have to agree on not so great deals. Oblivion is very solid, but its been discounted a number of times already. I might get Grand Ages Rome, it looks interesting.

Star Trek Online was supposed to be fairly horrible, right?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Shatter is great for $2.50.

Star Trek Online, well, you can try it pretty cheaply.

My opinion, it's repetitive limited gameplay, but nicely produced in terms of some pretty graphics, nice music, etc.

Mitch101

Feb 5, 2007
www.InteriorLiving.com
Nice break for my wallet today. Save it for tomorrows sale. So far ive got everything I wanted except maybe a C&C pack but if it doesn't go on sale I'll take the current discount on the last day.

Apr 12, 2010
I'd get Oblivion if it were -75%. I've had the game since release, before extra stuff was released for it, just not really a high priority to go out of my way for the extras.
Didn't get around to finishing game either, after I had rebuilt computer halfway through game, and forgetting to back up my save.

Crow550

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Someone said GTA IV complete is two separate installs & re-writes over your current copy of GTA IV if you already own it. So you can't gift it.

So could you gift it to another e-mail address then in steam goto manage gifts and send the copy of Episodes to yourself and GTA IV to a friend?

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Someone said GTA IV complete is two separate installs & re-writes over your current copy of GTA IV if you already own it. So you can't gift it.

So could you gift it to another e-mail address then in steam goto manage gifts and send the copy of Episodes to yourself and GTA IV to a friend?

Only certain Steam games can be gifted. They have it in the Steam FAQ on their website which can and can't.

nyker96

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
anyone know how the transformers game is?

yes, I'm a fan so bought it when it came out, in terms of a movie tied in game, it's quite decent but overall not a game of the year material. You'd probably like it if you are a fan of the series. I love it simply cause you can xform back and forth easily and the fact that I can fight giants like Omega Supreme is a treat. But if you are not a fan of the series you best save your cash for a truly great game like Batman Akram Asylum.

Pollock

Golden Member
Jan 24, 2004
I thought Shatter was pretty funny - got it in an indie bundle earlier for $5. Otherwise, nothing much that interests me or that I don't have already. Star Trek Online was pretty mediocre, IMO.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001

I had GTA IV and bought Complete during today's sale.

GTA IV seems to be unchanged and now there is a separate Game called "GTA...EPisodes..."

I'll launch it later and tell you what happened

YBS1

Golden Member
May 14, 2000
is Singularity any good?

I'm tempted on that and Transformers..

Think of a cross between Metro 2033 and Bioshock, that will give you a good idea of what Singularity is like. It's not as good as either, nor as long a campaign, but that is pretty close to what it is like. Twenty minutes left to get in on that deal.

Apr 12, 2010
Got S.T.A.L.K.E.R. bundle & Star Wars Jedi Knight Collection. Been waiting long time to play the former, since I heard they patched up majority of the game-breaking bugs.
Was hoping they would have put a <$5.00 deal on Lego Star Wars, like they did for Lego Batman. :(

Mitch101

Feb 5, 2007
www.InteriorLiving.com
Today deals?

EXCELLENT DAY!

Theater of War (75% off all theater of war games)
Command and Conquer (75% off all Command and Conquer)
Dawn of Discovery Gold Edition -- $14.99 (50% off)
Star Wars Jeid Knight Collection -- $5.00 (75% off)
The Hitman Collection -- $7.49 (75% off)
Guardians or Graxia -- $2.49 (75% off)
Flight Control HD -- $1.70 (66% off)
Team Fortress 2 -- $5.00 (75% off)
Empire and Napoleon -- $24.99 or $19.99 if you own Medival 2 or Rome
Supreme Commanders 2 -- $3.74 (75% off)
Far Cry 2 -- $4.99 (75% off)
Stalker Game Bundle -- $4.99 (88% off)
Madballs in Babo:Invasion $2.75 (75% off)

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
Does anyone know if STEAM takes retail game keys? I see they give a discount for Empire:TW if u already own Rome or Medieval. I have BOTH, but these are boxed versions.
Steam wont take my keys though... : (

I am def jumping on the Theatre of War deal. The most amazing deal so far...

Last edited:

M0oG0oGaiPan

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2000
digitalgamedeals.com
Does anyone know if STEAM takes retail game keys? I see they give a discount for Empire:TW if u already own Rome or Medieval. I have BOTH, but these are boxed versions.
Steam wont take my keys though... : (

I am def jumping on the Theatre of War deal. The most amazing deal so far...

Steam does take retail keys but only for a limited # of games. Here's the list of supported games: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

Does farcry 2 have coop or a good coop mod?