Starting to like Bloomberg

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Wow, we are now pathological liars!

Jesus, dude, you’re losing it. We agree on 90% of things but because we criticize Dear Leader in any way we are now liars and the enemy.

You guys are Trumpkins - left. I’ll still vote for Bernie if he wins but you guys are sabotaging him by acting insane. I hope you grow up and realize the damage you’re doing before it’s too late.

look, it’s me, the guy that’s sabotaging Sanders by correcting the record and exposing poor faith attacks.

the people that say whatever they want like that Sanders hasn‘t done something that he actually has done repeatedly and most recently did less than a week ago? No, they are clearly not sabotaging Sanders.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
By the way, I think I understand why you keep accusing me of being like Trump: projection. You lie like Trump does, not with elaborately or sophistically concealed falsehoods, but blatant whoppers that are easily refuted with a moment’s research. Like when he was lying about his crowd size at the inauguration. That’s what you do too.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
look, it’s me, the guy that’s sabotaging Sanders by correcting the record and exposing poor faith attacks.

the people that say whatever they want like that Sanders hasn‘t done something that he actually has done repeatedly and most recently did less than a week ago? No, they are clearly not sabotaging Sanders.

Imagine for a moment what it looks like to the rest of America when a Presidential candidate's own supporters take over the stage at one of his rallies to hold their own topless anti-dairy vegan protest. And then tell us again how Sanders' own supporters aren't sabotaging his campaign.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Imagine for a moment what it looks like to the rest of America when a Presidential candidate's own supporters take over the stage at one of his rallies to hold their own topless anti-dairy vegan protest. And then tell us again how Sanders' own supporters aren't sabotaging his campaign.

yeah American voters are going to abandon him en masse because a couple of protestors interrupted his rally. Good call dude.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
yeah American voters are going to abandon him en masse because a couple of protestors interrupted his rally. Good call dude.
This is far from the first time such a thing has happened at one of his rallies. That Bernie can't even control his own supporters has been a media talking point for some years now. Trumpers and right-wing media can always count on antifa, college kids, and Bernie supporters (all the same to them) to participate in their little publicity stunts about 'violent leftists' in order to make all liberals look bad.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
This is far from the first time such a thing has happened at one of his rallies. That Bernie can't even control his own supporters has been a media talking point for some years now.

imagine that

Trumpers and right-wing media can always count on antifa, college kids, and Bernie supporters (all the same to them) to participate in their little publicity stunts about 'violent leftists' in order to make all liberals look bad.

yeah, Trump is definitely going to point out poor behavior of his opponent’s supporters at political rallies, that makes a lot of sense.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
imagine that

yeah, Trump is definitely going to point out poor behavior of his opponent’s supporters at political rallies, that makes a lot of sense.

Because all the other candidates' supporters can also be reliably counted upon to react with hooliganism and political violence?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Rarely is the criticism of Bernie actually about Bernie.
Seems to me that being unable to control his own supporters at his own rallies is a pretty damning criticism of someone who wants to be President of the United States.

Feb 4, 2009
Because it's a party decision ultimately.

Why would he know all the potential judicial candidates in the pipeline? He's not a lawyer. He wouldn't.

How it always works is that the portfolio the party has been grooming is brought out and the potus picks from that. Bush tried once to nominate his personal atty (Harriet Meyers) and that quickly blew up in his face and she withdrew.

He ended up picking from the Federalist's pipeline in the end.

Only way Bloomberg is getting a pick through is with the help of Chuck.

The key point of that it has to be a D potus making the pick, and apparently also a D majority leader due to McConnell.

pretty much this @SteveGrabowski I did some googling then binging last night. Not a lot of info either way. Most are press releases from NY about Bloomberg swearing in x or y judges plus masses of the same story about Bloomberg is coming for our guns from the usual sources.

Feb 4, 2009
Oh look, the pathological liars are at it again.

This was less than a week ago

This was less than a month ago.

This was two years ago. Absolutely pathetic.

Where can I find these in ad format not news format. They sort of are Bernies YouTube channel which you were kind enough to link to Which brings up something interesting which granted is totally opinion based.
comparing Bernie channel to Bloombergs channel, Bernie has 170k subscribers and bloomberg has around 40k. Bernie channel has been around for years, Bloomberg’s for weeks. Bloomberg likely advertised the shit out of that channel and effectively bought many subscribers but I’m not sure if that is a bad thing.

viewing the pages there isn’t much that excites me about Bernie page. The TOTALLY ABSURD Bernie video intrigues me a bit.

0A55EBDC-052F-43BA-8420-69BDE1750156.png

here is Bloomberg’s. Remember this is option stuff.
Bloombergs appears to be professionally done, he has a call to action on the first line in bold print, professionally captured photo of mike where as bernies looks like someone took it with their iPhone 6 camera.
Again pure opinion stuff. Bloomberg’s page looks much more professionally run and maintained and planned.

0314D954-8D97-4233-BC58-4F1466FAF51C.png

@Blackjack200 please don’t have me sent to a re-education camp. I really like Bernie, I’ll probably vote for Bernie in the primary. I’ll vote for whatever D candidate is going to get the job done & win

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Or he could nominate conservative judges who align with him on his gun control pet issue and dare Shumer to block him and dare the GOP to oppose him under the threat of nominating another Ginsburg. The only way he could get my vote in the general is if he does like Trump and gives a list of Supreme Court candidates he'd choose from. If they're good young liberal candidates then I'd hold my nose and vote for him in the general. That's the only way, he has to pigeonhole himself into selecting liberal SC justices.

How would that work in reality? Why would that even happen?

Assume by some miracle Ds win the seat Senate, and RBG retires...

He nominates a conservative judge... Why?

But even if he did, he needs Chuck to manage the appt through the Senate. The judge needs to meet and take questions and get the nod from all the D senators..

We can count on McConnell opposing and trying to spoil like he did with Garland.

The only way the pick gets through is if all the Ds vote for the pick. Why would Sens Warren, Bernie and Amy et al endorse a conservative judge rather than punt him/her back and tell Mike to try again?

They wouldn't.

The only scenario a "conservative" judge gets through is if somehow Chuck rolls and everyone goes along with it for some reason, or if Mike tries to switch and get Rs to vote for the pick, and MMC actually goes along it it.

Backstabbing your party on a sc pick is a surefire way to sabotage your presidency and reelection.
It's a fantasy scenario. Not going to happen.

Feb 4, 2009

But even if he did, he needs Chuck to manage the appt through the Senate. The judge needs to meet and take questions and get the nod from all the D senators..

We can count on McConnell opposing and trying to spoil like he did with Garland.

The only way the pick gets through is if all the Ds vote for the pick. Why would Sens Warren, Bernie and Amy et al endorse a conservative judge rather than punt him/her back and tell Mike to try again?

They wouldn't.

The only scenario a "conservative" judge gets through is if somehow Chuck rolls and everyone goes along with it for some reason, or if Mike tries to switch and get Rs to vote for the pick, and MMC actually goes along it it.

Backstabbing your party on a sc pick is a surefire way to sabotage your presidency and reelection.

Not to mention someone who is pro gun control(s) and pro abortion likely would not be an Uber conservative on like everything else. Admittedly everyone is different but I suspect it would be a challenge to find that person.

Reactions: Bitek

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
I hope all the Bernie people who won't vote for Bloomberg because he is a "Republican" enjoy all the immigrants and DACA recipients being deported under Trump's second term. All those people would probably be pretty happy with Bloomie.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
By the way, I think I understand why you keep accusing me of being like Trump: projection. You lie like Trump does, not with elaborately or sophistically concealed falsehoods, but blatant whoppers that are easily refuted with a moment’s research. Like when he was lying about his crowd size at the inauguration. That’s what you do too.

lol. I like how the more I point out how irrational you’re being the more spun up you get. You can call me a liar all you want if it helps you feel better but you know as well as I do it’s just a defense mechanism on your part.

You can’t hurt my feelings by insulting me, I just think it’s funny. Some people have thinner skin though and you might want to ask yourself why you’re alienating potential Bernie voters by acting so immature.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014

They wouldn't.

He nominates a conservative judge because he's a conservative. The fantasy scenario is right wing Bloomberg who believes the right wing narrative about the economic collapse of 2008, who almost certainly agrees with the Citizens United ruling, who was against minimum wage increases, and who supported Guliani's unconstitutional stop and frisk has all of a sudden turned over a new leaf and is now going to appoint liberal justices and work to sign liberal bills into law. Just because Trump is a lazy bastard who handed his presidency over to McConnell doesn't mean Bloomberg will do the same with Schumer.

Last edited:

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
That Bernie can't even control his own supporters has been a media talking point for some years now.
I wasn't aware it was the candidate's job to control his supporters? Maybe some people are just goddamned crazy, you accept that and move on?

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
I wasn't aware it was the candidate's job to control his supporters? Maybe some people are just goddamned crazy, you accept that and move on?

He likes authoritarians and wants candidates to have their security details brutalize protestors.

Feb 4, 2009
Where can I find these in ad format not news format. They sort of are Bernies YouTube channel which you were kind enough to link to Which brings up something interesting which granted is totally opinion based.
comparing Bernie channel to Bloombergs channel, Bernie has 170k subscribers and bloomberg has around 40k. Bernie channel has been around for years, Bloomberg’s for weeks. Bloomberg likely advertised the shit out of that channel and effectively bought many subscribers but I’m not sure if that is a bad thing.

viewing the pages there isn’t much that excites me about Bernie page. The TOTALLY ABSURD Bernie video intrigues me a bit.

View attachment 17235

here is Bloomberg’s. Remember this is option stuff.
Bloombergs appears to be professionally done, he has a call to action on the first line in bold print, professionally captured photo of mike where as bernies looks like someone took it with their iPhone 6 camera.
Again pure opinion stuff. Bloomberg’s page looks much more professionally run and maintained and planned.

View attachment 17236

@Blackjack200 please don’t have me sent to a re-education camp. I really like Bernie, I’ll probably vote for Bernie in the primary. I’ll vote for whatever D candidate is going to get the job done & win

Now Bloomberg’s channel has 40.9k subscribers, gained 100 in 2 1/2 hours.
5ABDD107-F0E6-4F4C-A8A4-F850988E0979.png

I totally admit this isn’t scientific and it may mean nothing, just pointing out the benefit of paying professionals to do professional stuff.
Money is important, citizens United sucks but this is what we have to deal with.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Now Bloomberg’s channel has 40.9k subscribers, gained 100 in 2 1/2 hours.

I totally admit this isn’t scientific and it may mean nothing, just pointing out the benefit of paying professionals to do professional stuff.
Money is important, citizens United sucks but this is what we have to deal with.

Wait, are you F5'ing the Mike Bloomberg YouTube channel?

Feb 4, 2009
Wait, are you F5'ing the Mike Bloomberg YouTube channel?

nope, just left open a tab on my phone. Noticed the change when I went to close it.
in all fairness I was coming back to say Bernie appears to have a VT channel & a National Channel. Bernies National channel is much better presented. Equal to Bloomberg’s in my opinio.