Star Citizen: Chris Robert`s new space sim (the Wing Commander guy)

Albatross

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2001
just the trailer
http://robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/ Home page
http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/star-citizen-preview-the-open-world-space-sim-of-our-dreams/ Article in Pcgamer
Awesome!

New Rule in this thread:
1. You will keep discussion soley to the Game, and ONLY the game.
2. You will keep topics regarding Ethics / Developers Ethics / Anything outside the game OUT of this thread.
3. Violation of any of these rules will result in an IMMEDIATE infraction, you won't even get a warning as I and the other mods are Tired of cleaning up.
4. If you do not like the rules set on this thread, DONT POST HERE.

PC Gaming Moderator Aigo

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: shortylickens

Markbnj

Elite Member <br>Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
Yeah that looks awesome. Hopefully it will have a little bit of sandbox/rpg in it, as opposed to being a straight mission-progression shooter like Wing Commander, but I'll play it either way.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Yeah that looks awesome. Hopefully it will have a little bit of sandbox/rpg in it, as opposed to being a straight mission-progression shooter like Wing Commander, but I'll play it either way.

What I want? A modern version of Allegiance mixed with a persistent EVE/Privateer-like universe. That would make me need a change of pants in a hurry.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
And I already have my Golden Ticket...

You guys are slow :p The website was posted on AT PCG a few weeks ago with a countdown for the reveal (which was obviously today) :)

Sentrosi2121

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2004
If you watch the longer video it seems like once you finish the SP campaign, you can go online and explore the universe. No AI opponents in MP space.

Seems like playing in the Eve-verse.

Albatross

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2001
Yeah persistent(almost) worlds online and he mentioned something about an economy?

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
Looks cool, but I'll have to see actual gameplay before I get excited. Definately a genre that needs some games... just hopefully not Wing Commander 2 nor Freespace junk.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Looks cool, but I'll have to see actual gameplay before I get excited. Definately a genre that needs some games... just hopefully not Wing Commander 2 nor Freespace junk.

Freespace junk? I'm confused.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
If someone is rich and loves space sims, why not? I figure people give within their means and what they're comfortable with.

The game already looks amazing and I loved all the Wing Commanders, Privateers and Starlancer, Freelancer and hope this game delivers.

The only one lately has been the X franchise. I'm glad to see him back.

WhoBeDaPlaya

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2000
Me right now :

screaming-girl.jpg

exar333

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2004
In for $30.

I duct-taped my family's phones when the test version of WC: Prophecy was released way back. ~250MB on a 56k connection took a WHILE and I was NOT going to have anything interrupt that!

Excited!

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001

Freespace junk? Freespace 2 is one of the greatest space games ever made.