Star Citizen: Chris Robert`s new space sim (the Wing Commander guy)

Page 168 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaepheth

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2006
Ok, last one:
MnWueNb.gif

Since rivethead liked the military patch look.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Also, I have a referral code for anyone new. It gives you loads of in-game credits.

First come, first served:

STAR-379D-XCYL

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
you guys arent thinking fourth dimensionally.

you want an animated gif with a spinning symbol.
l26xcwA.jpg

for bonus points you can add a praxis ring explosion from every 3d tutorial ever back in 2000.

SLU Aequitas

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2007
you guys arent thinking fourth dimensionally.

you want an animated gif with a spinning symbol.

l26xcwA.jpg

for bonus points you can add a praxis ring explosion from every 3d tutorial ever back in 2000.

So much win. I nominate you as the Director of Stimulated Moving Logo Analysis.

I mean simulated of course.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Honestly it does have a male sexual look too it. I noticed it too the first time I saw it but I was to shy to say anything.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
2.1 rolled out to PTU last night. Flyable Freelancer, updated Vanguard, and Sabre in-hangar. They're starting to really move on these ships.

Alas...no invite. :(

Feb 4, 2009
JSt0rm you are welcome to join the Ballers its possible you may enjoy the game.
All I ask is don't be negative Nancy.

I agree the Balls are too big. Gorobei has an interesting idea.

SLU Aequitas

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2007
JSt0rm you are welcome to join the Ballers its possible you may enjoy the game.

All I ask is don't be negative Nancy.

I agree the Balls are too big. Gorobei has an interesting idea.

1.) He's a goon
2.) While I don't think having big balls is a bad thing, I agree, our new minister has a proposal that takes it to the next level.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Honestly it does have a male sexual look too it. I noticed it too the first time I saw it but I was to shy to say anything.

I thought that was the whole point (pun intended).

AT Ballers

You gotta have balls to be in the 'verse.

You gotta have balls to be in this org (not literally, figuratively)

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
2.1 rolled out to PTU last night. Flyable Freelancer, updated Vanguard, and Sabre in-hangar. They're starting to really move on these ships.

Alas...no invite. :(

I got an invite. Again, I have no idea why. I don't Issue Council. I don't have anything special. I'm not an early backer.

I'm gonna give it a go though (mainly to see if things are better for me....2.0 live was a major step backward for my experience but also because I want to sneak aboard a Freelancer and get a peek) .

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Had a pretty fun experience on 2.1 today.

It's very buggy, lots of FPS drops, but I didn't have any problems getting in and was able to play for over 20 minutes before crashing to desktop. That's a record for me.

I was able to sneak aboard a Freelancer before take off. It's much more roomy on the inside than I thought....and well detailed. Views from the cockpit are nice. There are four seats but only two appear to be functional at the moment....both were taken so I stood as we took off and QD'd away. Nice views. But then the pilot/owner must have crashed to desktop because I instantly found myself floating in space, KMs away from anything.

Got my Titan stolen from me too....which is annoying.

Also had a pirate in a Super Hornet kamikaze into me.

Definitely progress being made.

Bubbleawsome

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2013
I snuck into a constellation before launch and flew around in it for a while. Eventually he had a bad quantum jump and left me behind. It was fun to play around with the isolated physics and be his gunner for a bit.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
I was able to sneak aboard a Freelancer before take off. It's much more roomy on the inside than I thought....and well detailed. Views from the cockpit are nice.

Cool. I'm looking forward to checking out my space truck!

Also can't wait to check out the work on the Vanguard. Looks like it got a nice interior upgrade (I was really hoping it would).

Z9GrvMA.jpg

GzvxfvE.jpg

And a huge improvement in the cockpit:

pxS9Gus.jpg

The only bummer I've heard of with 2.1 is that decoupled doesn't work in super-cruise. I hope they get that fixed quickly because it's the best defense for big ships against the light fighters. Kick it into overdrive - - decouple - - spin around to get forward facing fire on opponent while he chases.

Last edited: