Special Prosecutor

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
He may be able to...
He would have to be impeached before he could pardon himself.
And as we are currently witnessing, any overt action by the President to intervene in an investigation of his administration only draws further scrutiny.
"The wicked flee when no man pursueth."

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Why is that interesting? The guy who's investigating Trump over Russian ties delivered uranium to Moscow...

So what? He probably talked to his peer in the FSB at some point as well in his role as FBI director. Do you have a fucking point to make or just some FUD spreading?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I'm a bit concerned. I was just checking out the comments on Trump's FB page and a few other RWNJ sites, and those people are fucking unhinged. "Madmen fed on fear and lies" to borrow from the Rush song. This is how dictatorships tend to get started.

Well to be honest I welcome a Special Councel and maybe put an end to all of this crazy one way or another. But talking about the unhinged right ... It is no different than the unhinged left here on this forum and on many other left sites.

If they find guilt let the axe fall where it may. I have a feeling that even if the Special Councel doesn't find anything to prosecute the left will still not accept it... Time will tell.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Without question, guy. They're telling everyone to call their elected officials to demand that they make a loyalty pledge to Trump. The same one that they took most likely. And instead of, I am forced to assume, that oath that their representatives took to uphold the Constitution.
This is how dictatorships start. The Trump faithful are demanding that Trump be placed above the law. And they'll call you a traitor if you disagree.

Like in the forum here where if you are not openly against Trump then you are called everything a traitor and much worse.

Reactions: baydude

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
But talking about the unhinged right ... It is no different than the unhinged left here on this forum and on many other left sites.

of course it's different, as in polar opposite. the "unhinged right" has been and continues to be wrong, you should see Lou Dobbs and Sean Hannity, it's insane. the "unhinged left" on the other hand was correct all along and as each and every day passes, their beliefs continue to be verified.

Trump was never fit for the job and was an obvious danger to this country. voting for the President is a responsibility, not a joke.

have you forgotten? all of the MSM are "left sites" and again, they continue to be correct and accurate.

Reactions: Balt

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Well to be honest I welcome a Special Councel and maybe put an end to all of this crazy one way or another. But talking about the unhinged right ... It is no different than the unhinged left here on this forum and on many other left sites.

If they find guilt let the axe fall where it may. I have a feeling that even if the Special Councel doesn't find anything to prosecute the left will still not accept it... Time will tell.

Speaking for myself, I'd say it will depend on the findings. There are more than two binary possibilities here. Mueller could end up issuing a report which says, there is a lot of incriminating evidence and suspicious circumstances but not quite enough to pursue indictments. He could also decide to prosecute someone like Flynn or Manafort but say he hasn't found any direct evidence of Trump's involvement.

If Mueller issues a report that says there is no evidence whatsoever of wrongdoing, I'll take it at face value and accept it. If it's something other than that, it will depend on what that something is.

Reactions: Aegeon

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
of course it's different, as in polar opposite. the "unhinged right" has been and continues to be wrong, you should see Lou Dobbs and Sean Hannity, it's insane. the "unhinged left" on the other hand was correct all along and as each and every day passes, our beliefs continue to be verified.

Trump was never fit for the job and was an obvious danger to this country. voting for the President is a responsibility, not a joke.

have you forgotten? all of the MSM are "left sites" and again, they continue to be correct and accurate.

Yeah, the thing about this allegation that people on the left are unhinged or suffering from what they call "Trump Derangement Syndrome" is that we didn't invent this allegation of collusion. The FBI did. They started investigating this back in July, long before democrats starting making public accusations of collusion. At most there were a few people in social media advancing the theory back then. It wasn't until later, when we started getting leaked information, mostly from the FBI, which suggested that there was a lot of evidence of suspicious communications that the public didn't know about that the theory took hold. I didn't believe it myself until probably January, and even then it was a cautious belief.

So I'd say if they think this theory of collusion is unhinged, they should first take that up with the FBI. AFAIK they aren't known for pursuing loony conspiracy theories but if that's what they are doing here, then they're to blame. Allegations which are widely known as ridiculous conspiracy theories - for example, that the moon landings were fake - aren't generally investigated by federal law enforcement. But this one is, so you can't blame us for giving it some credence.

Reactions: ch33zw1z and dank69

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
of course it's different, as in polar opposite. the "unhinged right" has been and continues to be wrong, you should see Lou Dobbs and Sean Hannity, it's insane. the "unhinged left" on the other hand was correct all along and as each and every day passes, their beliefs continue to be verified.

I have yet to see any verified proof. There have been tons of innuendo, allegations, undisclosed sources ...

Granted Trump is quite out of the mainstream with his methods and loose with his tweets etc. I also do not agree with everything he is doing or trying to do.

If you have links to verified proof of illegal deeds please post them. I'm sure the FBI and the Special Councel would love to get their hands on them.

NostaSeronx

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2011
I didn't see any Russians on the ballot. If you did you were in the wrong country.
Trump-Pence are honorary Slavs. So, yep they are technically, Russians, at an international political level. Pence is for Russian Orthodox replacing all faiths and Trump is for Oligarchs in taking on Putin. Pence is a much more liked character, so goodbye Trump.

The joke is that everyone in the RNC/GOP is Russian tied.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Wikileaks has zero credibility at this point, except to the Trump faithful.
Assange, traitor to the free world. Damn, to think I admired him at some point... and then he turns out to be just another corruptee that thinks his own ego over democracy, over the rest of us. I hate these fools.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Trump-Pence are honorary Slavs. So, yep they are technically, Russians, at an international political level. Pence is for Russian Orthodox replacing all faiths and Trump is for Oligarchs in taking on Putin. Pence is a much more liked character, so goodbye Trump.

The joke is that everyone in the RNC/GOP is Russian tied.

Sure. If you say so it has to be true.... /s

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
What's sad is the GOP just spent the last 8 years making up shit and obstructing. Now they're in charge and want to cry foul at everything

Reactions: Balt

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
That self control lasted all of half a day. Impressive.

1Stv05B.png

Jan 25, 2011
What an idiot. He should have embraced this. Like the official statement last night. He had an out. And yet little finger can't control himself.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
I thought the witch hunt was calling the last president "other" in as many ways as possible for the previous 8 years (and still today!).

He needs to resign. It's the only way he gets out of this saving any of his fucking stupid face.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It's amazing that he doesn't have someone looking over his shoulder before tweeting, if for no other reason than spell check.

I am very confident that his staff has attempted to reign in his tweeting many times. He probably actively avoids having people looking over his shoulder while he does it because they keep trying to stop him.

Reactions: cytg111

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I am very confident that his staff has attempted to reign in his tweeting many times. He probably actively avoids having people looking over his shoulder while he does it because they keep trying to stop him.

Based on some of the reporting I've seen he actually has staff doing some of this tweeting for him, which he surely writes himself in huge almost unreadable sharpie. Nobody in there seems to be willing to tell him "no".

Reactions: cytg111

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Except that I have heard him speak and I got a fairly good assessment of his ego, I think there would be alot more typos and spelling mistakes if he did them all himself. Plus .. what is digital? I think he outsources it with yellow stickies and then reams someone a new * hole if the tweet doesnt conform to whatever-deranged is going on in his skull.