SNES: The pinnacle of video gaming.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
Agreed. SNES rocks still. I do have to say that the new Zelda and Metroid games on the 'cube have sparked my interest in console gaming again though. I still can't play those games for hours and hours like I did on SNES, but maybe that's cuz I'm about 10-12 years older than I was back then. Damn I hate having more responsibilities!

bobcpg

Nov 14, 2001
oh my god. i'd have to say i have played so many Super Mario Kart its unbelieveable!

Kerouactivist

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2001
Yeah, I was pissed about the Mortal Kombat thing too.
I had both,
The sega owned the super nintendo when it came to sports games.
I still remember playing the chiefs with joe montana as QB excellent

But, SNES ruled all with the final fantasy series.
SNES did have ken griffey jr. baseball which me and my friends played for many hours against each other.

Imaginer

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: bobcpg
oh my god. i'd have to say i have played so many Super Mario Kart its unbelieveable!

I own my siblings with my skills. :)

Kerouactivist

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2001
Originally posted by: bobcpg

darn forgot about that one that was another classic with the friends game.

HEHE battle mode

LeStEr

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 1999
SNES is the system I probably had the most fun with when I was a kid. I remember so many games my friends played with each other. Fav games were:

Metal Warriors
Super Bomberman (4 player multi)
Mario Kart
Mortal Kombat 1,2,3
Killer Instinct
F-Zero
Street Fighters 2,Turbo and other versions
RPGS - I could go on forever here FF's, Chrono Trigger (Best), Breath Of Fire, Illusion of Gaia, many more too
UN Squadron - greatest side view fighter jet game ever, just loads of fun with this one
Contra 3 - I dont know what to say this is probly my fav game ever
Turtles In Time
NBA Jam TE - loads of fun

Those are just a few of the games I remember.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Imported
I'd have to go with the PS1 as the best console of all time.. :\

you must be a n00b to think the psx is the best console of all time.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Originally posted by: de9ali
Mortal Kombat for the Sega Genesis is the best video game ever.

yeah and they put blood in it too unlike the wussy NES people :D

Cougar

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Rogue
Agreed. SNES rocks still. I do have to say that the new Zelda and Metroid games on the 'cube have sparked my interest in console gaming again though. I still can't play those games for hours and hours like I did on SNES, but maybe that's cuz I'm about 10-12 years older than I was back then. Damn I hate having more responsibilities!

I'm in the same boat. I could spend hours on end, sun up to sun down if necessary, just plugging away at a game on my NES/Genesis, but now I can only go at it for a few hours. Having extra responsibility sucks, but it doesn't help when the vast majority of games just aren't fun. I absolutely loved the original Super Mario Bros. games so when the new one came out for the cube I bought it the first day and I've regretted it ever since. The game just isn't fun. They have you going in and out of worlds over and over again with no real point other than to unlock a new world and track down the princess (I know that's how all Super Mario Bros. games are, but the old ones were funner).

I guess it's kind of sad when you think about it. I've got a 2Ghz system and a cube, and I sit here and play The Guardian Legend through Nesticle. I even bought the uplink cable for my GBA so I could unlock the original Metroid after I beat Prime.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
fired up the old emu disc (since all my carts are stuck in long term storage in houston :( ) and played through actraiser. what a great game

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
Originally posted by: ElFenix
fired up the old emu disc (since all my carts are stuck in long term storage in houston :( ) and played through actraiser. what a great game

and great music :) i wonder if they are remaking it..

What are some hidden treasure games(sleepers) on SNES?

I recommand Super Puyo Puyo2 remix . the best 2 player puzzle game EVAR!.. but u need to be smart :)

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
FFII = BEST GAME EVER!!!

I see all these people saying Genesis outsold SNES...EVERYONE I knoew had a SNES. I knew very few with Genesis.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
How about some fierce competition?!?

Download ZSNES and ZBATTLE.NET and play me in one of the following games:
(be warned, I ROCK)
Tetris Attack
Killer Instinct
Super Mario Kart
Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario World
Super Mario All-Stars

For a good controller, I recommend the Adaptoid.

Contact me through email/MSN/Windows Messenger: jevansturner@hotmail.com

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Originally posted by: Nohr
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
my real snes is in cold storage currently, but it had a floppy drive ;) asian mods kick ass! haha

Care to elaborate? How does that work? Copy a rom from your computer to a floppy and play it on the snes or something? Some roms are bigger than 1.44MB though..

The device has internal memory which can be loaded with ROM data to simulate a cartridge. These backup devices can also be used to create copys of cartride ROM data as ROM image files on a PC. The older floppy-drive models had to split the files up to transfer between a PC and the unit. Some use a CD-ROM drive or a parallel interface cable.