Mikita

Jun 16, 2018
Hi!

I am sorry for a bit noob question - I want to find and finely tune the fastest RAM possible for Ryzen Zen+ 2600 in the ITX case (Cryorig Taku or SilverStone SG13). So my questions are following:

1) What ITX X470 motherboard to choose to get most from the RAM? I am thinking between ASUS ROG STRIX X470-I Gaming and ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming X470-I. Which allows better fine tuning of RAM?

2) What RAM modules to get? I want a dual-channel 16Gb (8*2) kit. I was thinking of G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200 CL14, or are there better options?

3) How to finely tune the RAM for the maximum performance?

Thank you in advance for your reply! Would really appreciate your help

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I believe 3200MHz CL14 RAM is typically B-die, which is good. Generally found in Gskill trident Z series, as well a few other Gskill lines as well. I am sure there are other brands out there with lines using it, but you would have to look up which is best for you, and make sure it is B-die. As for fine tuning, I have seen in CPU forum the stiltz settings mentioned here and there. Try looking that up and trying those settings. Of course when fine tuning, be sure to test for stability with memtest and the like.