S@H Classic: Who's up for a MTR? **Updated 11/17/05**

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Please let me know of any new additions to the race, change of daily output status, etc, by Saturday so i can create the teams then.

Thanks,
Spacehead

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Darn I just realised I've screwed up a little.:eek:
When my account hits 50k (Im at 49.8k atm) I'm going to switch my main rig to Taboos current target ,so that'll be 12/day less & my 2nd rig will be switched to DPAD ,that'll be 7/day less.Though if that throws the balance out too much I'll delay switching the 2nd rig over ,LMK
Sorry about that

Ronin

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
server.counter-strike.net
I'm trying to figure out how my numbers have dropped, when all the same machines are crunching...I've lost 100WU/day somehow, and I dunno how. :( I can't image the WU's I'm getting are that much more difficult.

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: Ronin
I'm trying to figure out how my numbers have dropped, when all the same machines are crunching...I've lost 100WU/day somehow, and I dunno how. :( I can't image the WU's I'm getting are that much more difficult.

My numbers took a hit too bro
Not nothing like yours but at least 10-20 percent

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Teams as they stand now. Let me know of any other changes soon!

Team names anyone?

Team 1
Ronin (Ronin) - 600
BofBnT (TeAm_BnT) - 150
Dalephi (Dalephi) - 113
strider7 (strider7) - 90
Polo (Polo) - 86
Wiz (Wiz) - 48
Hurricane Andrew (Hurricane Andrew) - 38
Anubis (TheEvil1) - 26
silverpig (Silverpig) - 25
TurtleBlue (Turtle-Blue) - 20
Mk4 (mk) - 10
lobadobadingdong (lobadobadingdong) - 10
cakin (Home_of_Akin) - 9
CheesePoofs (Cheesepoofs) - 5
petrusbroder (petrusbroder) - 2

Total - 1232

The Borg Collective
amdxborg (amd.borg) - 919
OhioDude (George M. Fryberger) - 106
Spacehead (Spacehead) - 40
Wolfsraider (wolfsraider) - 38
lane42 (Lane42-TeAm Anandtech) - 25
RaySun2Be (Old Geezer) - 20
Assimilator1 (Assimilator1 - Team AnandTech) - 19
GimpyOne (GimpyOne) - 19
soni (4D Konsulenterne A/S) - 17
Ken_g6 (The Wildnet TeAm) - 12
Soggys1stBrat (Soggy's1stBrat) - 10
Coolkid (Coolkid) - 8

Total - 1233

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Well, we can't be "Team 2" 'cause we gotta be number 1! :)

Considering our top member, how about "The Borg Collective"? (assuming no one joins us and forces us to change the teams around again.)

P.S. What time does the race start? Midnight UTC?

OhioDude

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2001
We are the Borg.
Lower your shields and surrender your ships.
Your culture will adapt to service us.
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Resistance is futile.
You will be assimilated.
We are the Borg.

soni

Diamond Member
May 29, 2000
The MTR stats run on UTC+1 (GMT+1) Summer time, and due to a Winter/Summer time miscalculation, when it was first started, it runs at 2 AM (GMT+1), meaning in the summer time its 1 hour after GMT, and in Winter time, its 2 hour :(

So i believe it will start at 1 AM GMT and end at 2 AM GMT (in november) :(

OhioDude

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2001
Start time is irrelevant.
Stop time is irrelevant.
We are the Borg.
You will be assimilated.

TurtleBlue

Feb 10, 2004
:evil: So, it is to be THE BORG COLLECTIVE for team 2 :evil:
There is, if the others in team 1 agrees with, an answer to this :|WEAK:|threat

THE VANG (OORMLIKOOW)

An entry in the HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy (don't forget your towel!) about the vang reads as follows:

VANG, THE (OORMLIKOOW):
(Omniparasitic Lifeform)
-Ancient lifeform specilized to parasitize other creatures. Possesses Hyperactive Nervous System. Is able to re-shape and re-form creatures that it parasitizes. Ramps up "Hostforms" to hyperactivity. Tight and Short Genetic Code (Genetic Engineering?). Attacking a hostform is accomplished by invading ALL entry points in torso (for humans/borg variant:Tear duct, nose, ears, belly button, penis/vaniga, anus). Next step is destrution of all nerves from brain pan to torso with replacement of its own so as to "Ride" the Hostform. All internal organs are either subsumed or enhanced for optimal performance. Hostform's brain is sometimes converted for food or just left alone without any connections outside brainpan - exception is optic nerve! In this condition not always in a coma. Main Communications that the Vang uses is via pheremones. The Vang are an Ancient Race. Planet Origin: Axion One. Main inhabitants of Axion One are the "Gods of Axion-Nerone" - the progenitors of the race. Have destroyed/subsume all other habital planets in its sector of one of the galactic arms. An amazing accomplishment in light of the fact that Warp drive has not been discovered by them or their One True Enemy: The Batrachian's (a Frog/Croc variant species - Peaceful until its contact with the Vang). Mutual destruction during the "StarHammer" War. Life pods scattered acrossed the Galaxy of the Vang have inside survivors of the Starhammer War of over a billion years ago. Infrequent occurances of "Vang" outbreaks has so far been limited to One planetary system in which the Laowon and Terran empires has "Cleans" the planet with Nuclear Fire.

Be afraid, :thumbsdown:Borg Collective:thumbsdown:, be very afraid...

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
I went ahaed & created teams. I hope i did everything right.
Here the final teams. Not sure if i can edit team names so i hope everyones happy with these.

Originally posted by: soni
The MTR stats run on UTC+1 (GMT+1) Summer time, and due to a Winter/Summer time miscalculation, when it was first started, it runs at 2 AM (GMT+1), meaning in the summer time its 1 hour after GMT, and in Winter time, its 2 hour :(

So i believe it will start at 1 AM GMT and end at 2 AM GMT (in november) :(

Ronin's Raucous Ramblers
Ronin (Ronin) - 600
BofBnT (TeAm_BnT) - 150
Dalephi (Dalephi) - 113
strider7 (strider7) - 90
Polo (Polo) - 86
Wiz (Wiz) - 48
Hurricane Andrew (Hurricane Andrew) - 38
Anubis (TheEvil1) - 26
silverpig (Silverpig) - 25
TurtleBlue (Turtle-Blue) - 20
Mk4 (mk) - 10
lobadobadingdong (lobadobadingdong) - 10
cakin (Home_of_Akin) - 9
CheesePoofs (Cheesepoofs) - 4
petrusbroder (petrusbroder) - 2

Total - 1231

The Borg Collective
amdxborg (amd.borg) - 919
OhioDude (George M. Fryberger) - 106
Spacehead (Spacehead) - 40
Wolfsraider (wolfsraider) - 38
lane42 (Lane42-TeAm Anandtech) - 25
RaySun2Be (Old Geezer) - 20
Assimilator1 (Assimilator1 - Team AnandTech) - 19
GimpyOne (GimpyOne) - 19
soni (4D Konsulenterne A/S) - 17
Ken_g6 (The Wildnet TeAm) - 12
Soggys1stBrat (Soggy's1stBrat) - 10
Coolkid (Coolkid) - 8

Total - 1233

CheesePoofs

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2004
I'm going to be without internet for the next day, so I wont' be able to dump all of my WUs before the race begins. I'll probably be producing an extra 2-3 WUs :shocked::D. Hope that doesn't skew the results too much. ;)

As for the team name, THE VANG (OORMLIKOOW) is good with me but if you can't change that Ronin's Raucous Ramblers is fine too.

OhioDude

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2001
Actually, Species 8472 would have been the perfect name for Team 1.

Ah well. No matter. You will be assimilated.

;):)

TurtleBlue

Feb 10, 2004
OhioDude

As I recall when I was :( (painfully) :| watching Voyager going through its "Politically Correct" interpretation of the past history of Star Trek Universe, Species 8472 were finally shown to be complete Wusses. The writers realized that they were made too stronge at first and would have eliminated the borg (and all other life forms) in our version of the Universe. So they shown them as Californian Bubbleheads that ultimatlly wanted to "just get along"!:brokenheart:

Anyway, I'm ok with Ronin's Raucous Ramblers and can't wait to start this shing-ding. My only regret is that I will be taking away my assistance to Eltano in his goal to reach 10k before the (ahem) end of Seti Classic.

P. S. What are the "Final" Ground rules to this minirace?

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Originally posted by: TurtleBlue
P. S. What are the "Final" Ground rules to this minirace?
The main thing is to dump any completed WUs before the race starts... as best you can anyway.
You're allowed to increase your output by assimilating other computers(friends, family, etc.)
Have fun & drink lots of :beer:

I think that's about it :)

If i understand correctly what Soni said, the race should begin at 7pm EDT US.