Status
Not open for further replies.

x58haze

May 21, 2017
I don't know what to do guys this is driving me crazy, it seems that my pc feels suglish even at steady or high framerates :/, also my English is not helping, I've do already windows ram test, gpu test, processor test and there was not problems at all

I´m using windows 10, I did follow Tech City youtuber advise to overclocking my cpu ryzen 5 1600 to 3.825 ghz by using volts 1.33125, but it seems that in Windows Task manager is showing that my cpu is running at 3.2, even cynenbench, I did these tweaks on windows 10, like putting high performance battery plan, like disabling HPET, also in BIOS by disabling, AMD-COOL QUIET, also in Windows by disabling cortana, and rename folders, to get rid of cortana, by turning windows search off, and turning off windows defender, firewall off, by putting windows update manually... but yeah this is driving me crazy, i feel input lag.. like mouse heavy, also through web-browsing :/ please someone help, i´m willing to cooperating, by posting Event viewers thingss, bios configuration, etc etc, i did a clean windows installation, i installed properly my nvidia drivers, i use DDU first to remove windows generic nvidia drivers etc etc, plz help u.u

PC SPECS:
CPU Model
ryzen 5 1600
Graphics Card:
EVGA GTX 580 1.5
Motherboard:
Asrock Fatality ab350 k4
Ram:
Patriot Viper 3200 2x4 GB
Storage:
SSD: OCZ VERTEX3 128GB
HDD: WD1600aabs-00pra0 160GB 7200rpm 150gb
Soundcard & Speakers:
N/A
Power Supply
Thermaltake 775 bronce80+
Case
Thermaltake v9 black E
Operating System: OS
10 x64
Monitor:
Syncmaster t200G 2ms

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
What games are you having issues with? You do know that your GTX 580 is getting a little... old, at this point, right?

Also, download HWMonitor from cpuid.com, and verify the current and max CPU freq for each core. If you are on the stock cooler, you may be throttling.

You might also try downloading Ryzen Master from AMD.

x58haze

May 21, 2017
Hello in games like Dota2, crisis 2, metro 2033 (2010) its like the mouse feels so weird, like if my hands were so big, i dont know input lag horrendous :/

Lemme attach some pictures of HWmonitor+ryzen master+ cpu z
Ryzen Master AMD
HT2MfMRVSQ6zqnL1-TcMyg.png

HW monitor CPUID.COM
-6BGdWz6TBK9Tew6pKNffg.png

CPU-Z
sORgaYHDSFmvj7UMRuhqXw.png

And lastly but not least the task manager
twqv0qsDRiuq521LGOLGag.png

I have updated recently, like 10 minutes ago, the bios from AGESA 1.04 to 1.06 , the bios was ready since 7 june, so everything is default except that, I finally made it, to activate the XMP profile 2.1 and it reaches to 3200 o_O everything is default, on auto timings etc

escrow4

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2013
Its that rubbish SSD. Slow and poky. That HDD is also old - do they even make 160GB HDDs anymore?

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
The HDD is very slow but it wouldn't cause windows to feel sluggish.
I would focus on the memory,sometimes xmp profiles mess things up and make the system slower,try default ram speeds and/or overclock the mem by hand.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Mouse lag is sometimes caused by errant apps, driver packages, or with extra apps that either of the first two may be installing without your knowledge. I can't recall all the times I've had some resource hogging program or even a bad browser tab cause lag. If it's a recent occurrence, sometimes uninstalling recently installed apps or at least checking their settings can help. Other times it's easiest to simply re-install Windows, then be very methodical about driver and program installation and settings, checking with each change for the presence of lag.

x58haze

May 21, 2017
Mouse lag is sometimes caused by errant apps, driver packages, or with extra apps that either of the first two may be installing without your knowledge. I can't recall all the times I've had some resource hogging program or even a bad browser tab cause lag. If it's a recent occurrence, sometimes uninstalling recently installed apps or at least checking their settings can help. Other times it's easiest to simply re-install Windows, then be very methodical about driver and program installation and settings, checking with each change for the presence of lag.

Yeah but Actually i don't have updates at all just the neccesary i guess i always check for the updates info, before applying or downloading them, to see if there any side-effects
YhuMPSkWRUeUtAO8N5yoew.png

And these are my installed programs:
24QN7thIRf6NrVFuchdP4w.png

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah but Actually i don't have updates at all just the neccesary i guess i always check for the updates info, before applying or downloading them, to see if there any side-effects
All I can tell you is that I think it is software related. In my testing environment, it's easy to determine this by running a live OS or even grabbing a spare HDD and loading an OS up to see when/if the behavior can be duplicated, this way the original OS need not be disturbed. I think it's important to rule out software because in my opinion it is the most likely cause.

x58haze

May 21, 2017
All I can tell you is that I think it is software related. In my testing environment, it's easy to determine this by running a live OS or even grabbing a spare HDD and loading an OS up to see when/if the behavior can be duplicated, this way the original OS need not be disturbed. I think it's important to rule out software because in my opinion it is the most likely cause.

So do you think is something with the drivers itself that came with my Motherboard CD? like amd drivers? or nvidia drivers, or drivers in General xD? because I only installed, the amd drivers that came with my CD, and the nvidia drivers

Also i remember in my old MSI-h55m-e33 motherboard, i use to have this kind of visual lag, but no the input lag in mouse or keyboard, and the only way to reduce the visual lag, was by not having any nvidia driver installed, thats also was with my old 9600 nvidia video card, but now im using a gtx 580...

and know is not only the visual lag, but the... input lag :( wish i can be more expertise like you sir Crash, and i really glad to find you here, by helping me :) , really appreciate, maybe this windows 10 64 bits LTSB, has some issues, or as you just say is drivers, how can i measure the speed?

Also i've notice something funny with the GTX 580 DVI display connectors, if i connect my dvi monitor cable in the display port 1 of my gtx 580, the monitor takes like 6,40 seconds to display the Asrock logos, to boot to the bios, but if i connect my monitor to the second display port dvi of my gtx 580, it takes less time like 4:45 to 5:12 seconds, now after update to 1.006 agesa and activating the xmp 2.1 now it take even less like 3.20 seconds

I really want to become a more tech i really enjoy to have a good time using my pc, and i'm from Venezuela, i'm so limited, I mean i cannot get easy pc components or stuff because goverment situation :( so i've tried already to check twice my motherboard manual, to ensure that i connected perfectly my SSD, HDD cables in the real sata cables to achieve the high speed, also by seating properly my cpu and fan cooler, by checking and do a good cable management to avoid high temperatures etc, the only thing that i haven't do properly is to Tweak bios option, because this is my first time using an AMD system, i mean i use to have a 2005 pc amd, but i never touch bios or what so ever , and i also would love to be a good English guy, in order to talk more precise and learn much more, and solve problems i really this PC WORLD, i like to test, to get the most of a pc :D, but know i feel just so alone, i know that sound embharasing but .. anyway, hope you can guidance me a little be more, or otherwhise is fine i really appreciate your help and everyone help.

Dec 27, 2016
It seems like a software ordeal. Windows 10 is loaded with additional (worthless) features that hog resources. Is Windows installed on the SSD? Is the page file on the SSD?

I personally like to install custom slip streamed versions of Windows. Usually named something such as "Windows xx Lite", etc. Lots of junk is removed in these versions.

The first thing I typically do to improve performance is turn off things like visual features, Windows restore, remote access, and disable startup programs. On Windows 10 it seems to log a lot of private information and submit it to Microsoft. I'm not sure how much this impacts resources but I turn this off.

I had bought a used OCZ SSD awhile back and it never seemed to work right. It was slow, would corrupt files and crash Windows. I complained to OCZ and I was able to mail it in and receive an updated version for free. I also had an Intel SSD that was defective as well. But this was around the time when SSD drives were new on the market.

If you haven't already, update your BIOS, SSD firmware, etc. I've had odd mouse lag issues as well which I was able to pin point to IRQ problems in Windows or the BIOS settings.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: x58haze

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
"my pc feels suglish even at steady or high framerates".

So it is the mouse, since the game works ok.
Is there a slider for mouse movement in the game ?
Try another mouses..

x58haze

May 21, 2017
It seems like a software ordeal. Windows 10 is loaded with additional (worthless) features that hog resources. Is Windows installed on the SSD? Is the page file on the SSD?

I personally like to install custom slip streamed versions of Windows. Usually named something such as "Windows xx Lite", etc. Lots of junk is removed in these versions.

The first thing I typically do to improve performance is turn off things like visual features, Windows restore, remote access, and disable startup programs. On Windows 10 it seems to log a lot of private information and submit it to Microsoft. I'm not sure how much this impacts resources but I turn this off.

I had bought a used OCZ SSD awhile back and it never seemed to work right. It was slow, would corrupt files and crash Windows. I complained to OCZ and I was able to mail it in and receive an updated version for free. I also had an Intel SSD that was defective as well. But this was around the time when SSD drives were new on the market.

If you haven't already, update your BIOS, SSD firmware, etc. I've had odd mouse lag issues as well which I was able to pin point to IRQ problems in Windows or the BIOS settings.

Oh hello, well actually i remember that I Downloaded like a LITE version of windows 10 pro, it is called LTSB it doesn't bring with bloatware at all, just came with the Cortana itself, windows defender, one drive etc, and I ended up by disabling cortana, defender and one drive from PC, but now event viewer throw some notifications of error at event viewer related to CORTANA, but i guess thats totally normal because i modify or rename the cortana folder i did that trick to save some resources

But yeah this a WINDOWS 10 x64 LTSB also, this OCZ has the last firmware version
I'm using this SSD since 2011 ^^, i always disable superfetch, prefetch, and windows search, and i try not to leave with less than 30 gigas, just like 40 as minimum.
UpllLCnsQVS9M30JJaATcA.png

And this is the visual effects that i'm using
N9fJu-j3S6e22b7r-hlOmg.png

and this is the page file, the local disc C, is the SSD where is the OS installed:
yPeYc_u3R5i9-DNIAunqxA.png

I'm really happy to see that people is helping me n.n, thanks alot

x58haze

May 21, 2017
"my pc feels suglish even at steady or high framerates".

So it is the mouse, since the game works ok.
Is there a slider for mouse movement in the game ?
Try another mouses..

I'm using a G9 Mouse with no drivers, i heard that Logitech Drivers can cause extra latency etc, but yeah this is running at 1000 hz, i tested already with MarcFix software, also in games I use -noforcemparms parameters to avoid positve or negative accel, and uncheck in windows mouse precision, and set to 6 midle

Also i have a Logitech g15 gaming keyboard that, i notice that has like a issue on F4 Key, that it pressed itself, for that reason i use a software keymapper to disable f4, and i need to disable a USB HUB in device manager, which tends to cause issues when putting my cursor mouse in an option to display the info or details, if I don't disable that hub, the info close so fast

But i tested another keyboard and problem persist :D u.u
I63E2cuqRxeaWhiZhSUMkQ.png

Also i always disable HPET through windows in that way by disabling high event precision timer, and that doesn't cause my problems, tested already in PCTIMING software and yeah actually it drop some latencies in dpc, and latency moon, and this is the port hub that i actually need to disable otherwhise f4 will be bother me in some games
2RMp4DLLSuiHdYlTFsCUrw.png

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Yes, fresh install
Perhaps then it is not so hard to start over again, but this time be extremely careful and take note of everything that is done. To begin, install only Windows and the program that you notice lag being worst. NO extra drivers or modifications at first if at all possible, just the OS and ONE program. DON'T use the CD that comes with the motherboard, it should not be necessary and can add things that are outdated and/or unnecessary. Windows 10 should have functional generic drivers for all your hardware.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
So, your keyboard is broken, and acts like you're constantly pressing the "F4" key? So, instead of replacing the keyboard, you've installed some software to re-map away the F4 keypresses? No wonder you have input lag, to be honest.

Constantly USB interrupts (or is it a PS/2 keyboard?), and then the software layer intercepting your keystrokes and whatnot. What I don't know, is whether that software also intercepts the mouse inputs or not (whether or not it processes them).

I honestly think that's likely to be your problem, and to try to source a new keyboard, or pop off the F4 key-cap and see if there's a crumb or something stuck under it.

I know it's probably hard to source replacement PC parts in Venezuela, you guys are in rough shape economically.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Hmm, that's weird. So it's not the keyboard hardware?

And what is this "LTSB" version of Windows that you installed. That's not an official Microsoft version, right? You "downloaded" your Windows from somewhere else? That could easily be a problem as well.

Reactions: deustroop

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
It might be worth testing out an original Microsoft copy of Windows, the installation program is freely available. It need not be activated for some brief troubleshooting. (Am I allowed to say that?)

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
I'm using a G9 Mouse with no drivers, i heard that Logitech Drivers can cause extra latency etc,

Also i have a Logitech g15 gaming keyboard that, i notice ,,,,,

You are complaining about degraded mouse action yet you have not bothered to install the mouse drivers? It appears that there is no mouse listed in device manager.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2016
I was given a fancy Logitch G15 keyboard quite sometime ago that had sticky keys and didn't function correctly. If I can remember correctly, I believe it was a poorly seated connection in the keyboard that caused it. Anyhow, it was fixed.

I have a Logitech wireless laser mouse that experiences lag symptoms. It happens every 6 months or so. The laser lens accumulates debris. To fix this I take a Q-Tip lightly coated in rubbing alcohol and clean the laser lens on the underside of the mouse.

Other problems with wireless mouse/keyboard lag that I've had are low batteries or radio interference (cell phone). If this G15 keyboard is wireless, try to reset the receiver connection when the key sticks. Or if this perhaps only happens when pressing the key, it could have something sticky underneath.

x58haze

May 21, 2017
So, your keyboard is broken, and acts like you're constantly pressing the "F4" key? So, instead of replacing the keyboard, you've installed some software to re-map away the F4 keypresses? No wonder you have input lag, to be honest.

Constantly USB interrupts (or is it a PS/2 keyboard?), and then the software layer intercepting your keystrokes and whatnot. What I don't know, is whether that software also intercepts the mouse inputs or not (whether or not it processes them).

I honestly think that's likely to be your problem, and to try to source a new keyboard, or pop off the F4 key-cap and see if there's a crumb or something stuck under it.

I know it's probably hard to source replacement PC parts in Venezuela, you guys are in rough shape economically.

It s a logitech g15 USB conector, and yes the f4 key is like damage inside, I've clean my keyboard many times, but it seems like its something with firmware i guess? something with the keyboard system itself, and the version of windows that i have it is called Windows 10 Long Term Servicing Branch (LTSB)

LTSB is a licensing option for Windows 10 Enterprise and is available only for customers with a Volume License agreement. Each LTSB release receives standard monthly security and reliability updates for an extended 10-year support period, and i did downloaded through torrent, from a user named Generation2 he has good rep in extratorrents.cc and thepiratebay
yd5LFG_4QEGLfyMGyvGrWQ.png

Discussions using illegally downloaded software is not allowed on this forum.

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

x58haze

May 21, 2017
You are complaining about degraded mouse action yet you have not bothered to install the mouse drivers? It appears that there is no mouse listed in device manager.
Of course i have a generic mouse drivers from Windows, I only says that, the logitech drivers, interface people say that cause some latency or lag i have use in the pass too
look my device manager
5lY_kP2dRrm_PfNO2-QWLQ.png

x58haze

May 21, 2017
It might be worth testing out an original Microsoft copy of Windows, the installation program is freely available. It need not be activated for some brief troubleshooting. (Am I allowed to say that?)

Of course you are allowed buddy and i really appreciate your help but, the thing is i really don't know what is going on, maybe the motherboard itself some bios to tweaking? or idk =/ or maybe my conection is not that good and iso windows become corrupted hahah xD i'm so lost zzzzz :s

Status
Not open for further replies.