Ryzen build, sluggish

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Of course you are allowed buddy and i really appreciate your help but, the thing is i really don't know what is going on, maybe the motherboard itself some bios to tweaking? or idk =/ or maybe my conection is not that good and iso windows become corrupted hahah xD i'm so lost zzzzz :s
That's why you need to start from basics, otherwise you can try 10,000 things and be missing something anyway. If you have a hardware problem, it should reveal itself immediately by booting to a live Linux distribution or by installing Windows without any third party software.

x58haze

May 21, 2017
That's why you need to start from basics, otherwise you can try 10,000 things and be missing something anyway. If you have a hardware problem, it should reveal itself immediately by booting to a live Linux distribution or by installing Windows without any third party software.

Bro something that i wanted to ask to you and here to everyone, maybe i will regret so bad by asking this, maybe this a noob question, or maybe not, because never did before, or at least in my whole life i haven't

If i have a Physical Video card like my gtx 580 nvidia, should I avoid my VGA drivers from my motherboard right? because those VGA drivers that came with my motherboard are for CPU that are built in GPU interface right? , because this ryzen 5 1600 has no gpu integrated

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Bro something that i wanted to ask to you and here to everyone, maybe i will regret so bad by asking this, maybe this a noob question, or maybe not, because never did before, or at least in my whole life i haven't

If i have a Physical Video card like my gtx 580 nvidia, should I avoid my VGA drivers from my motherboard right? because those VGA drivers that came with my motherboard are for CPU that are built in GPU interface right? , because this ryzen 5 1600 has no gpu integrated
You shouldn't need to install any VGA (GPU) driver at all, Windows ought to detect that older Nvidia card and will install a good driver for it, though not the latest it will be the most bug-free.

x58haze

May 21, 2017
You shouldn't need to install any VGA (GPU) driver at all, Windows ought to detect that older Nvidia card and will have
Yeah i supposed that, because the VGA drivers stands for cpu that are built in GPU, but this ryzen 5 1600 has no gpu integrated, and i already have installed the nvidia gtx 580 latest drivers.

x58haze

May 21, 2017
This kinda interesting, i was checking the INTERRUPT ISRQ, and everything seems to be negative -, which is good that's mean that my pc components are in MSI mode that won't share ISRQ, but.... except that is kinda weird that i have like a triple AHCI PCI- STANDART AHCI CONTROLLERS also from 2006 and in my motherboard manufacturers there are no sata ahci modern, maybe i need to check solidstation drivers web page and aim for a new AHCI drivers and unistall these 3 ahci to see if that improve something...

Maybe this is the culprit......
GBt2KZcvTNu_iKOHTzJ9Pw.png

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
This kinda interesting, i was checking the INTERRUPT ISRQ, and everything seems to be negative -, which is good that's mean that my pc components are in MSI mode that won't share ISRQ, but.... except that is kinda weird that i have like a triple AHCI PCI- STANDART AHCI CONTROLLERS also from 2006 and in my motherboard manufacturers there are no sata ahci modern, maybe i need to check solidstation drivers web page and aim for a new AHCI drivers and unistall these 3 ahci to see if that improve something...

Maybe this is the culprit......
GBt2KZcvTNu_iKOHTzJ9Pw.png
Eh?
All modern systems share IRQs, nothing you can do about it. They are all virtualized anyway.
As for the AHCI controllers, MS backdates these drivers on purpose, so you can install the OEM's drivers instead if you want.

P.S, install Windows 10 from MS's site, not this "questionable" version you installed.
Odds are that, that is the issue. I would also try a linux boot DVD/ USB pen drive as was suggested as well.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2016

I'm not sure what you meant by CPU drivers. Are you referring to the OEM mainboard disc that is included with it and contains the drivers? I would install the most recent Nvidia GTX 5xx series driver available from Nividia. I actually have a GTX 590. The included disc with the mainboard is most likely far outdated. Especially with Windows 10.

I'm not familiar with that brand of mainboard. I use to purchase low end boards such as ASRock and had all types of strange problems. I've been running an Asus Sabretooth P67 for 7 years and have had no odd issues since.

x58haze

May 21, 2017
Maybe my problem is that my version of windows needs more updated that i haven't installed yet
LOOK this is my Windows Version:
AHRzYSHEQdSry4sD7vcCUA.jpeg

These are the Windows updates avalaible for Version 1607 x64 bits:
D9qcDYK7QjimSgXrXj0vGQ.jpeg

And these are my Windows 10 updates installed:
903SVgACThumHg2P7A9gpw.jpeg

So maybe thats the problem right, should i install all that updates of 1607 version? the 1607 LTSB version that i have is based on ANNIVERSARY UPDATE enterprise, i know i can try the last build which is Windows 10 Creator, but, before doing that, should i do first install all avalaible update that i posted?

x58haze

May 21, 2017
Oh i'm so dumb cumulatives updates mean that, if i installed the last cumulative, it will comes with all the previous updates included xD!

Last edited:

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Maybe my problem is that my version of windows needs more updated that i haven't installed yet
LOOK this is my Windows Version:
So maybe thats the problem right, should i install all that updates of 1607 version? the 1607 LTSB version that i have is based on ANNIVERSARY UPDATE enterprise, i know i can try the last build which is Windows 10 Creator, but, before doing that, should i do first install all avalaible update that i posted?

You do know what a LTSB version is right?
As I said before, you shouldn't be using this version.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
I didn't know what the LTSB version was, it actually sounds interesting. I don't imagine it's the source of his problems, unless it disables Windows Update's ability to automatically correct driver problems.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
That version only gets security updates, it is far behind all the updates that have been pushed to "normal" windows machines, and there have been a ton.
That version is supposed to be reserved for companies, so, not sure how the OP got it in the first place.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Being "behind" could conceivably cause difficulties with brand-new hardware, for sure. Anyone using that version would do well to fully understand the differences, especially in regards to driver installation.

x58haze

May 21, 2017
I didn't know what the LTSB version was, it actually sounds interesting. I don't imagine it's the source of his problems, unless it disables Windows Update's ability to automatically correct driver problems.
Yup that why i was like concern when changing windows, as i said i think my Windows is fine

Now i don't think thats true that it was development to get only security updates, because , i have regular updates or critical updates, plus some security updates, also i use Windows Catalog and there are Updates for the 1607 which is the windows that i'm using n.n

So rather than use Windows Creator, in the mean time i rather use this version, because that Windows 10 creator has more SPY things, and that Gaming feature haha is kinda a joke....

x58haze

May 21, 2017
That version only gets security updates, it is far behind all the updates that have been pushed to "normal" windows machines, and there have been a ton.
That version is supposed to be reserved for companies, so, not sure how the OP got it in the first place.
Now i don't think thats true that it was development to get only security updates, because , i have regular updates or critical updates, plus some security updates, also i use Windows Catalog and there are Updates for the 1607 which is the windows that i'm using n.n , and so far, i can installed and they works bro

Also even the Windows Update tool gave me regular updates that are not security at all, because i check in google for the new update, but anyway i dont want to go to the creator version people say that, that version has more spy issues than.... the annyversarie itself

x58haze

May 21, 2017
Thats a long story, i Actually dowloaded an OS ubuntu 16.04.2-desktop amd64 1.44 GB, the thing is, i have a damaged Keyboard logitech G15, which has like an issue with the F4 key, no matter what i do, the key press itself, at bios, at windows installation, during windows... so the only way to disable that key is by using a program (Key_tweak) but this program doesn't work 100%, even at windows, I did install the ubuntu and it was like a hell.... i did find softwares to disable the f4 key, but all those software required the terminal in order to properly install, but i was not able to install those software because, the f4 key itself was causing problems in the terminals... so even when i was not using software and try by myself to shutdown the f4 key by using the terminal in ubuntu , i wasnt able because of that f4 pressing every second... , so i ended up by going back to Windows

The problems that i get in Windows, with this keyboard are this:

When going Youtube in Firefox (only in firefox in chrome doesnt occurs) and press fullscreen, it just takes less than 3 seconds to show the play button interface of youtube and thats kinda annoying, even if set the mouse at the corner....

Also when playing some games, the Key_Tweak software doesn't do much in games, which i have to find a temporal fix.... and that fix is to go to Device Manager, Human interface devices, and find one of the USB INPUT Device click right properties and this one "Port_0004.Hub_0003" when i unistalled or disable, the problem fix itself

But i try to report this at logitech forums and no one did helped =(

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Forgive my ignorance of your culture and situation, but where I live, used keyboards are inexpensive and not very hard to find in a second hand store. Is that not an option for you, to at least get something functional for testing purposes?

Reactions: Burpo

x58haze

May 21, 2017
I have a question:

IF Windows Cumulative update means that, the user gets all the previous update in order to have their system fully update, so what are the Delta Updates?

Does delta updates are ..... the new update itself without bringing or covering all previous update like cumulative does?

Cumulative is like: The new update +plus covers the previous all updates right?
And the delta one is the new update itself without the previous updates covered, right?

Aff i hate my English, also sometimes i feel like i ask one question, then bring to another question , feel so sorry people u.u

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Yes, in theory a delta update only covers things that have changed since the previous update. But using this method can sometimes present problems if the wrong delta is selected, that is why it's generally considered that cumulative updates are easiest, since most users have lots of bandwidth these days.

BTW, your English is much superior to my Spanish, so you have me there. :)

Reactions: x58haze

x58haze

May 21, 2017
Forgive my ignorance of your culture and situation, but where I live, used keyboards are inexpensive and not very hard to find in a second hand store. Is that not an option for you, to at least get something functional for testing purposes?

Is okay my friend, well actually here in Venezuela you can pretty much get new keyboards, but they are Bad keyboards, and people take advantage of economy situation, and they will sell to you a 2005 keyboard, for the price of gaming keyboard 2015, something like that, and here in Venezuela we dont get paid in dollars, but everything seems dollarised

Our currency is Bolivares, our salary a month is 200.000 bolivares (like 25$ )
We have 3 types of Dollar System
SIMADI = 1$ here is like 400 bolivares
SIMAD II= 1$ here is like 750 bolivares
Dollar Black= This is crazy this dollar is always fluctuating, right now is 1$= 7.500 bolivares
The black Dollar, which is based on a web page (DOLLAR TODAY) the goverment doesnt support that, but everything seems to work with the black dollar

So at the end of the day, 200.000 bolivares in dollars are: like 25$, and... One pound of ham, not the greatest one the regular one, cos around 8$ .... if compared in dollars.

So with all that says, lemme show you, our Ebay, the ebay in spanish is called or named "MERCADO LIBRE" in south america or hispan america

So lemme show you a picture of the ebay in Venezuela with the keyboard prices: so you will be able to compared in dollars:
zEI9hz4wSCeVAXYU_DQ_tw.jpeg

Sorry my internet is lag right now thats why the 33.722 didn't pop up the picture.

x58haze

May 21, 2017
Yes, in theory a delta update only covers things that have changed since the previous update. But using this method can sometimes present problems if the wrong delta is selected, that is why it's generally considered that cumulative updates are easiest, since most users have lots of bandwidth these days.

BTW, your English is much superior to my Spanish, so you have me there. :)

Ahah thanks buddy n.n

But yeah today i made the mistake of installed the not the last cumulative update, just the before the last, i guess in spanish is "Penultima" that goes before the last xD
And yeah the file was size 1.0 GB or 1.1 GB, but then i check that there was a more recent cumulative update u.u, which is like 1.189 GB xD!, and i say omg...........
But then i check that there are a delta one which is 189 megabyte to my windows 10 1607 x64 system 189 megas same KB versions, should i download that instead? or just like you recommend me go for the safe cumulative HAHAH xD!

And last question, does you can unistall those extra windows updates that are not cumulative? because i cannot, i only can unistall the cumulatives one xD

x58haze

May 21, 2017
I really would love to have a cherry MX red mechanical keyboard, and follow the advise of an user from overclock.net named r0ach, he was like i guess a Guru of Mouse input or latency things, he says that... it is recommend to match keyboard usb 2.0 with the mouse 2.0, and try to avoid those keyboard with USB port, better to use a mechanical one with Ps2 avalaible , because if we use keyboard with 1000 hz, and mouse with 1000 hz, that can increase input lag, and things like that xD

As you guy notice i really love the PC WORLD, or pc master race, to take the pc to the beyond, to the most responsiveness and quality
Also i've read that there are things like Electricity EMI, RFI that can degrade the pc components, and televisors around... and the only way to avoid the EMI,RFI, is by putting some COPPER WIRE CABLE in the Wall Outlets, also by ensuring that our pc components has a ground connector like most components does, but that's not enought also, it is recommend to establish a good frequency in electricity at home, by putting some good POWER CONDITIONER at the home breakers, so i've read tech forums of people where they say that their pc responsiveness greatly improves the sensation or feeling of play games

Like not visual lag by playing games, and yeah i can agree with them, because it seems that at 2 am midnight the pc and phone, gets like more responsiveness, like better o_O maybe it because everyone goes to sleep and shutdown mostly everything, and electricity become less dirty xD!

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Honestly I would like to stay focused on your worst problem. I don't believe that Windows updates have anything to do with the problem you are having. It looks like keyboards are somewhat more expensive than where I am, but the problem with the F4 key could definitely be related to mouse lag. The keyboard problem also prevents you from booting to alternate operating systems, or any other tool that could help you analyze your problem. I think it's important for you to get a properly functioning keyboard, don't worry about quality too much, just something that works properly is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.