Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 843 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Racan

Golden Member
Sep 22, 2012
Reactions: Leeea

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

Tankies simply cannot conceive that many ex-soviet states, some with national/cultural identities that long predate even the founding of the United States, wanted to make sure Russia could not invade, subjugate, and murder their people so they sought alliance with the US and Europe when the opportunity presented itself. America isn't responsible for like the Polish attitude towards Moscow. Ukraine is going to end up the same way whenever the war is over and Russians are going to blame a deep generational Ukrainian hatred for them on the west without assuming any responsibility at all.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Remarkably insane. Work on controlling your emotions and improving your reading comprehension.

The post is not meant to be chronological but to show various points about by argument. The Shah and his murderous police force were supported by the U.S. So was Pinochet and many more:

As for sovereign debt, the only thing you got right in your post is your last sentence. I completely agree.

saupload_public_and_private_debt_burden.jpg
People often say others are reacting emotionally when they have no other answer. I said your post was insane because it has little to do with reality.

As far as your chart goes, it not only includes both public and private debt, which makes no sense in the context of this discussion, it also ends in 2009, lol.

I don’t think you have any understanding of what public debt is. For example if I loaned my wife $10 trillion this would cause the amount of debt on your chart to skyrocket. Is my family any richer or poorer? Of course not.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Tankies simply cannot conceive that many ex-soviet states, some with national/cultural identities that long predate even the founding of the United States, wanted to make sure Russia could not invade, subjugate, and murder their people so they sought alliance with the US and Europe when the opportunity presented itself. America isn't responsible for like the Polish attitude towards Moscow. Ukraine is going to end up the same way whenever the war is over and Russians are going to blame a deep generational Ukrainian hatred for them on the west without assuming any responsibility at all.
I love how each response is like a page long with tons of insane, barely related links instead of the obvious answer of ‘they wanted to join NATO so Russia wouldn’t invade them.’

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Meanwhile, Russia is holding on to areas dominated by Russians because if it attempts to go beyond that...

That propaganda you just served stinks, and you know it.
Russia's FIRST move in this war was to take Kyiv.
Russia's maximalist goals remain firm TO THIS DAY, for Russia to reach the Polish border.

Because, as the Kremlin believes, "Ukraine does not exist and are merely separatist Russians that will be brought to heel or slaughtered."

Your pretend story of a minimalist goal is so heavily fabricated... I feel rage for just encountering such blatant lies.
Poland does not have a Russian border today, due to Russia's military defeats... AND ONLY due to Russia's defeat.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Ukraine is suffering also because it was being manipulated by the U.S. Hence, the color revolution and NATO enlargement.

Russia attacked because it wanted to reverse those two things and because it knew that the U.S. and many other countries would not retaliate. That's why the West has been doing little except send aid while its citizens complain that they need the aid for themselves. That includes more Americans who are suffering economically.

Meanwhile, Russia is holding on to areas dominated by Russians because if it attempts to go beyond that it will lose support from many countries that have been neutral since, including China. Meanwhile, the U.S. has failed to coerce countries like Israel, Saudi Arabia, India, Malaysia, and Singapore to side with it.

There is also context to lack of support for both Ukraine and the U.S.: not only has it been known that the West was manipulating Ukraine (and even other countries to get rid of political leaders critical of the West and to prop up puppets favoring them), it is also led by a country that is one of the most belligerent in the world:

That's the main reason why many want to remain neutral, but at the same time have been answering back because their economies have been growing stronger:

There is one more point, but I don't know how relevant this is, but it appears that there is an unsaid belief that the West is exceptional, especially the U.S.:

and that those against them are so because they are not "European" and never will be:

That is, they are dominated only be violence and death, and with that the implication is that they are barbaric and can never be part of the West because these are part of their "culture".

The West, in contrast, follows a "liberal, post-modern life." In wonder what that means. Also, what does this actually mean about Ukraine?
Russia stinks.
Putin is gay and sucks gay dicks. - only relevant in the context of you all dipshits being homophobic asswipes.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I love how each response is like a page long with tons of insane, barely related links instead of the obvious answer of ‘they wanted to join NATO so Russia wouldn’t invade them.’

Implicit is that Russia should be allowed to do whatever it wants to nations and people in its Soviet era sphere because reasons. Russian aggression in this part of the world is not a product of EU or NATO expansion, it's a dependable historical cycle. All the central and eastern European nations that fled into the umbrella of the west did so for these reasons and to have an economic future.

Young Grasshopper

Nov 9, 2007

BS. If that’s the case then why has NATO told Ukraine to piss off on NATO membership year after year?

Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky said that Ukraine does not have an open door to North Atlantic Treaty Organization membership, during a televised speech Tuesday, and will thus seek a way to protect Ukraine independently via security guarantees.
Advertisement

"If we cannot enter (NATO) through open doors, then we must cooperate with the associations with which we can, which will help us, protect us ... and have separate guarantees," Zelensky said in a video meeting of representatives of the member states of the UK-led Joint Expeditionary Force (JEF).
"It is clear that Ukraine is not a member of NATO – we understand that," he said of his country's bid to join the alliance, which was launched back in 2008. "For years, we have heard about the supposedly ‘open door’, but we have also heard that we should not enter – and this is true and we must admit it.

I’ll give you a hint: They never intended bringing Ukraine into NATO, and instead planned on using them as a tool to fight Russia instead of directly going to war with Russia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
BS. If that’s the case then why has NATO told Ukraine to piss off on NATO membership year after year?

I’ll give you a hint: They never intended bringing Ukraine into NATO, and instead planned on using them as a tool to fight Russia instead of directly going to war with Russia.

So to be clear you’re saying the war in Ukraine is due to the US tricking Russia into invading the country we repeatedly and explicitly told them not to invade?

You would think the US refusing NATO membership to an Ukraine would make Russia not be concerned with the threat of Ukraine joining NATO but it’s not like the tankies care much for consistency.

It is kind of amusing though that your reason for the war is ‘Russia is incredibly stupid’.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Russia and China are part of BRICS and forty countries that are set to take over the global economy.

Hahaha, good one. Or, should we congratulate you on beating a coma maybe? Just checking.

Russia's economy is in tatters, as is their infrastructure, and the majority of the world wants nothing to do with them until they stop acting like nazis.

China is experiencing massive unrest due to their covid lockdowns, pretty much destroying their model of sourcing industry everywhere. Most of Asia is pretty fed up with their bullying and threats, are all getting on the same page in resisting Chinese influence operations as well as support of Taiwan. CCP policies aren't working, the populace is rising up in protest over lockdowns even in an oppressive autocratic police state. Beijing's got problems.

India is going through a heat, energy and pretty soon water crisis, in addition to being one of those Asian countries fed up with Chinese expansion, see Aksin Chai, Ladakh, Kashmir.

South Africa is basically running out of water while drowning in crime and corruption. Last year I saw a video of dozens of business owners holding a meeting while armed to the teeth, discussing ROE for deadly force and what properties are protected. They can't even secure their own markets, violent crime at 20 year high and their government struggles to deal with it.

Only China truly represents a threat, and even then odds tend to favor the West thanks to advanced tech and far fewer energy and food bottlenecks. China wants to take over the Pacific first.

At least Brazil has some potential, though the issue of climate change in relation to the Amazon makes them a special case in many ways. As business leaves the East thanks to China and changing energy needs, Brazil stands to gain more with cooperating with the US and EU, rather than competing with them. With so much to lose from climate change, working with a country like Russia that sees it as a positive change could prove problematic, no?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

There are economic, diplomatic, civil and military prerequisites necessary for membership you absolute dumbass, on top of NATO not wanting to rock the boat given Russia's bellicose rhetoric towards NATO since the late 90s.

How do you not know this? The only BS here is located between your ears, as you keep demonstrating. Seriously man, get smarter or just stfu. It's almost not funny watching you repeatedly punch yourself in the dick.

Last edited:

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
1) There was no “promise” to never expand NATO. Maybe some suggestions were made.

2) “Promises” are worthless in international relations and anyone with brain activity knows that. If you want a chance of it carrying some weight you negotiate a treaty or an agreement. Russia violated actual treaties and agreements with this war, got any comments on that? Yeah, I thought not.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Sorry for the insult; but no idiot; the reason ukraine was not allowed into NATO was an 'appeasement' to Russia. Russia whines and whines about encroachment of NATO; so this was their attempt to mitigate Russia concerns. Of course it backfires; because Russia real concern with NATO is it makes it harder to invade countries who becomes members of the organization. I.e, once Russia is cleared from Ukraine if Ukraine still wants to join i'm pretty sure NATO will allow such since they have learned that Russia is otherwise not to be trusted to stay within its borders.

Reactions: Leeea and Racan

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Bruh

"In the 1990s, as NATO reevaluated its purpose in a world without a powerful Soviet Union — which the alliance was designed to counterbalance — NATO formed a more organized process for prospective countries: the Membership Action Plan. The program aimed to help aspiring nations who were interested in joining solidify their application through goals and recommendations from NATO’s leadership, many of which involve democratic, economic and other ideals. "

I'll give you a hint, Ukraine worked its ass off to meet these anti corruption and democratic ideals and was largely successful, so successful that NATO members, EU members, at this point would be hard pressed to find a reason to not accept the country. So on the verge of joining the west, for all its struggles, Russia intervenes, goes to war, cause in a another year it may not be a possibility anymore.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Folks can wear themselves out engage Ralfy and YoungP; it will do no good. Like Trumpanzees, they live in an alternate universe. You can show them the laughable deficiencies in their arguments but it will have no effect.

On Thanksgiving, I ran up against the husband of my good friend's sister. Towards the end of the meal, he started out fine, saying he thought Trump was a dangerous demagogue and that his buddies in his gun club were idiots for liking him because "he tells it like it is." Sadly, he didn't stop there. He said the problem was secondary education, which, he said, "begins and ends with MLK." At that point I just dropped eye contact. And then he went on as to how the Dems want to take away all our guns.

I simply didn't engage. I was proud of myself. I did feel sorry for my friend and her sister, who are not crazy.

But the turkey and fixings were fine. Life goes on. We just have to keep outvoting these people.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
This deserves a good discussion; though I suppose this is not the right thread. My view is one of data not politics and all I have say is that there are an awful lot of deaths in USA via guns that don't exist in other countries. There are countries with a lot of guns but without the murders though they have restrictions or procedures that are a bit more rigid before one can obtain a gun; but at the end of the day those who really want a gun can get one.

My view is lets analyze the data and then find a solution that works because there are way too many killings right now. Having said that unfortunately politics will get in the way... because after all at least for some folks it isn't about solving the problem of mass killings it is about getting the vote.

And then he went on as to how the Dems want to take away all our guns.

Reactions: Leeea and cytg111

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Folks can wear themselves out engage Ralfy and YoungP; it will do no good. Like Trumpanzees, they live in an alternate universe. You can show them the laughable deficiencies in their arguments but it will have no effect.

On Thanksgiving, I ran up against the husband of my good friend's sister. Towards the end of the meal, he started out fine, saying he thought Trump was a dangerous demagogue and that his buddies in his gun club were idiots for liking him because "he tells it like it is." Sadly, he didn't stop there. He said the problem was secondary education, which, he said, "begins and ends with MLK." At that point I just dropped eye contact. And then he went on as to how the Dems want to take away all our guns.

I simply didn't engage. I was proud of myself. I did feel sorry for my friend and her sister, who are not crazy.

But the turkey and fixings were fine. Life goes on. We just have to keep outvoting these people.

When it comes to changing their minds, I tend to agree, although I also believe there is some utility in demonstrating how full of shit they are to others, my intended audience for the most part. People tend not to emulate the afflicted when they can see the condition. Remember how many right wing nutjob trolls this place used to have? I'd wager many of them left due to others exposing those trolls as the clownish, dishonest losers they are. Other trolls got themselves banned for not being able to deal with it. I've noticed if you shut them down and embarrass them enough, sometimes they leave for months, maybe years. Or for good. I like that effect personally, big fan.

I think it's commendable you did that, you put the occasion over slapping down some bullshit and hate. I don't really have any crazies in the family anymore, the few that were down with Team Treason jumped ship years ago. The one who didn't keeps himself scarce.

If you want to mix it up next year, impress that guy with some 'telling it like it is' of your own, heh, here's your shirt.

g1BtTek.jpeg

Last edited: