Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 479 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
British Defense Secretary George Wallace said Monday about 15,000 Russian troops have been killed since Russia invaded Ukraine in February, adding to mounting evidence of the Russian death toll—NATO estimated last month 7,000 to 15,000 Russian troops have died in the invasion and Ukraine said Monday 21,900 Russian troops have been killed, all far outpacing the 1,351 dead Russia reported March 25 in its last casualty update.

Russia’s death toll likely outpaces that of Ukrainian military personnel: Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky told CNN last week about 2,500 to 3,000 soldiers have been killed, likely a more reliable figure than the 14,000 Ukrainian troops Russia said it had killed March 25, and third-party estimates on Ukrainian troop casualties are not available.

Does anyone really know what the numbers are?

I'd kinda suggest taking the 14,000 Ukranians and 1,351 Russian troops Russia says were killed and switch the numbers. Probably closer to the truth.

Reactions: Leeea

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Russian numbers are hilarious, you’re on the offence, inflicting casualties 11 to 1, you’ve destroyed more Ukrainian planes, armor, and artillery than they had, but somehow losing ground after the first couple weeks.
I guess they engaged in a disorganized retreat from Kyiv because they didn’t want Ukraine to feel bad about how much Russia was winning.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Destination Hague:
FkcQ4uQ.jpeg
They should hang him by piano wire around his dick.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
If their ability to provide lifesaving care in the field is commiserate with the rest of their abilities they may have a low Kia/wounded ratio.
And a high MIA/KIA ratio. Word is they leave their dead (I'd think many wounded too) rather than retrieve them in order to avoid having to pay out the large bounty they offered families if their sons die in the conflict.

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
BBC: Finland and Sweden set to announce plans to join Nato
Finnish Foreign Minister Pekka Haavisto has said it would be "useful" for Sweden and Finland to launch joint Nato membership bids.
US defence sources told the outlet that Sweden and Finland would be treated as de-facto members of the security alliance for the duration of the application process.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Yes, It's all about being brown or not.... :rolleyes:
If churches like this one are so eager to help Ukrainian refugees out....why would conservative Christians in general not be similarly moved by the plight of central and south Americans fleeing poverty, drug cartels, and threats against themselves or family members?

I won't hold my breath...

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris