Runes Of Magic(March 19th Official Live Release)

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: zebano
Does anyone do the crafting in this game? I find that I have to farm so many resources just to level up my one skill and then I'm not able to craft anything useful and I've given up on it.

I do a lot of crafting, get my guildies to get the runes I need ,my gathering is close to 40s now so that part is not an issue.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: oddyager
I hate the fact my Priest is being shoehorned into using two-hand staves in order to heal adequately.
So you think that shields/talismans and wands/bludgeons should have heal stats on them as well? Maybe, but the current answer is simple: now that wisdom affects heals, add yellow mods to clean shield/bludgeons that max out wisdom. On avg, every 500 Wis = +300 in heals. You could easily enchant 120ish Wis on a wand + shield and still gain a solid 70 to your heals. May not sound like a lot but if you want the high defense of a shield/talisman then you have to make a slight sacrifice.

BlueAcolyte

Platinum Member
Nov 19, 2007
The nice thing about MMOs is that you can re-roll if your main characters (cough p/w, s/r) get buggered three patches in a row... :(

Now playing a m/r and leveling up the rogue side of my s/r.

I think I'll try crafting soon.

legcramp

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
Is there a specific crafting skill I need for each class or what, I am confused with the whole crafting concept.

W/R 20/19 right now.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Info for tomorrow and Thursday.

So here's the plan: Tomorrow on Wednesday, 18 March 2009, at 10am GMT / 11:00h CET we will take down almost everything. The Runes of Magic game servers, the official website and the official forums.

Only the patch-server stays online. We want everyone to be able to keep their clients updated so that when we go live on Thursday not everyone tries to download the patch at the same time. Be aware: if everything goes to plan, it might take a while to get through. Good news: there is no need to download a new version of the client!

While the servers are down - as a little incentive for new and old players - you can top-up your Diamond account. We offer a 30% discount on Diamonds during the game's downtime.

During the downtime we go through the forums, tiding up a bit - doing our equivalent of spring cleaning - and uncluttering that unwieldy forum structure.

So that's what we have to dom but what about you? You don't really think we'll just let you go on playing like this, do you?

Well, actually we don't let you. You have to wait.

And when the servers come back up on Thursday, 19 March 2009 at exactly 9am GMT / 10:00h CET you do have to redistribute all you TP again, because there's a big TP reset for everyone.

Furthermore we would like to level the playing field between existing players and anybody who joins our huge playerbase on Thursday a bit, and as a huge one-off thank you to all the people who helped us improving Runes of Magic and making the game the best it can be during the Beta Test, we will remove all character's experience and TP debt! (Your characters will still be there - just all their accumulated debt is erased).

Right now there's the Frog-Event running until the servers are shut down tomorrow morning but that's pretty much all there is...

Again the Runes of Magic team across the world would like to thank all of you for the great time in Closed and Open Beta, for the awesome and brilliant feedback we got that helped us improving the game.

Hope you're having fun with the "end-of-Beta" event and hope to see you all again on Thursday!

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
It'll be interesting to see how it goes tomorrow on its first day of the official launch,anyway 9am GMT tomorrow we'll find out, diamonds are now 30% cheaper due to the official launch tomorrow.

zebano

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
I'm tempted to start a new char with launch I'm thinking p/r. Time to see if being "live" makes any real difference.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
50 minutes to the launch :)

I actually got 1000 Diamonds since they're not too expensive with the 30% off, and because it's pretty much what you'd pay (well, less than that) for a new game anyway. And this way I can finally get a permanent horse, eliminating my biggest annoyance in the game. Oh, and I took 2 days off (have too many days left anyway) to play it today and tomorrow :)

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: v1001
Launch time fail

I'm going to bed if it's not up soon. I just wanted to be the first one on :D

Don't be surprise if there is a delay of a few hours or so,you might be better off getting a goodnights sleep ,RoM is not going anywhere ;).

My RoM launcher is updating right now to 2.0.2.1822 version.

Looks like its up :).

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Mem
Launch time fail

Don't be surprise if there is a delay of a few hours or so,you might be better off getting a goodnights sleep ,RoM is not going anywhere ;).

Now the 'servers are offline' message is back. Just after I noticed it would not recognize my password.

Apparently something went wrong.

Edit: I'm in.

The support and pay site (which had a different password) replaced my game password with that of their site.

And my Frogster char is still alive and kicking :D

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Skyclad1uhm1
Launch time fail

Now the 'servers are offline' message is back. Just after I noticed it would not recognize my password.

Apparently something went wrong.

Edit: I'm in.

The support and pay site (which had a different password) replaced my game password with that of their site.

And my Frogster char is still alive and kicking :D

I'm on European server Siochain so no problems here :)

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Todays patch notes.

Patch notes Version 2.0.2.1823

New Content

* Instance ? Kleon Temple
* Event instance ? Wind Wild
* Epic Line 2 ? The Seductive Dark Pearl

General Changes

* Cleared all Debt.
* Lowered the prices of arrows and projectiles.
* Several Recipes have been changed.

Bug Fixes

* Fixed bug that caused cooldown timers to still run when silenced.
* Fixed bug that was caused by opening the skills page right after setting the secondary class to none.
* Fixed Bloody Gallery crash bug.

Class Balancing
Scout

* Adjusted Frost Arrow bug that was caused by multiple casts.
* Raised Eagle Eyes powers for all levels.
* Combo Shot and Piercing Arrow now run on different cooldown timers.
* Autoshot has its icon changed and power increased. Once the skill is used, it will automatically fire arrows.
* Wrist Attack no longer is level-based, the base value is increased.

Warrior

* Fixed rage decrease bug after battle.
* Slash will now also cause bleeding when a sword is equipped.
* 2-H Weapon Mastery has its powers increased on all levels.
* One-Hand Weapon Mastery has its powers decreased at all levels.(*)

Others

* Fixed a few physical DOT damage calculation bugs.
* Adjusted the monsters in Howling Mountain.
* Changed many recipes to fit with the new combat formulas.
* Changed EULA to English
* Critical damage calculations now are also affected by def or mdef.(*)
* Fixed underwater effect.(*)
* Fixed Kleon temple mini map bug(*)
* Changed Eula (English)(*)

Edit: (*) Added and corrected

rasczak

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
ok, you got me. i've never played any MMO except for FF. i'm going to have to try this out. linky please?

Keeper

Mar 9, 2005
OK, I tried scrolling through the 18 pages here.. I got tired of WOW... tried AOC and tried Warhammer... Meh......

I did leave WOW with 2 level 70's and a few 50's... That game grabbed me, but as I dont have time to do "mega hour" raids..... My opportunity for "fun" was limited...
Never bought the last XP pack. It is apparent I dont have BIG time to do grinding...

HOWEVER. A Free WOW clone? One where if I dont play at least 6 hours a week I feel guilty?

Talk to me... What is this PAY site I am reading of... Will I have to buy UBER weaps and armor? And if so, what type of price are we talking?
Can I buy a mount? How much?

Anything I can buy can I EARN in game? (THAT would be interesting)

Is this game ONLY avaialble in DL or can I run to Best Buy and pick up the game?
What does the game itself cost? DL or box.

I can feel myself weakening just writing this. Oh here we go again.:beer:

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: rasczak
ok, you got me. i've never played any MMO except for FF. i'm going to have to try this out. linky please?

See very first post for links.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Keeper
OK, I tried scrolling through the 18 pages here.. I got tired of WOW... tried AOC and tried Warhammer... Meh......

I did leave WOW with 2 level 70's and a few 50's... That game grabbed me, but as I dont have time to do "mega hour" raids..... My opportunity for "fun" was limited...
Never bought the last XP pack. It is apparent I dont have BIG time to do grinding...

HOWEVER. A Free WOW clone? One where if I dont play at least 6 hours a week I feel guilty?

Talk to me... What is this PAY site I am reading of... Will I have to buy UBER weaps and armor? And if so, what type of price are we talking?

Is this game ONLY avaialble in DL or can I run to Best Buy and pick up the game?

Only availabe in download.

You can buy mounts in game for travel,there are teleport points too,you get a recal teleport stone as well,however perm mounts are only available via cash shop,you can get good gear and armour without paying and even mod your gear via stat making, some cash shop stuff drops in game now in certan places ie some instances etc...you can also buy some cash shop stuff via Phirus tokens which you get through a lot of quests in game.
I suggest you give it a try easy to learn especially if you played WoW.

BlueAcolyte

Platinum Member
Nov 19, 2007
Originally posted by: Keeper

Only availabe in download.

You can buy mounts in game for travel,there are teleport points too,you get a recal teleport stone as well,however perm mounts are only available via cash shop,you can get good gear and armour without paying and even mod your gear via stat making, some cash shop stuff drops in game now in certan places ie some instances etc...you can also buy some cash shop stuff via Phirus tokens which you get through a lot of quests in game.
I suggest you give it a try easy to learn especially if you played WoW.

Game is free, download only. There is no NEED to buy anything but it makes the game a bit more convenient. I currently have better gear than many people who probably did pay money, and you can rent mounts with gold instead of diamonds.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
Bah, I am used to soloing in most games, but now that I'm getting closer to 30 I noticed that the quest are really pushing towards partying :p

Don't think I ever joined a guild in an online game since I played MUDs, but I am seriously considering it at the moment.