RUDE

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
Alright this has gone on long enough.Maybe he's telling the truth.Maybe he really is a she.After all there are operations for that kind of thing.:D;):p

kabelogo

Banned
Dec 1, 1999
Jake,

I am sorry if i offended you in any way. What the hell am I saying!?!
what do you care what i say about you? when did you ever care what anyone said about you. Why should i stop, you made it entirely possible. quit your whining and shove it up your...

me thinks when you make your bed, you have to sleep in it.
And remember, you said we could be friends once......

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
I swear I wasnt trying to get any attention, I just didnt realize any other way to go about this.

You started an entire new thread in a huge public forum because kabelogo made a remark that was not to your liking, and you didn't know "any other way to go about this"??? Last time I looked, K had his profile activated, and private messages enabled.

I didnt want anyone to respond, I was just showing my distaste for peoples complete RUDENESS

Um... since you are posing as an innocent newbie, I'll point out something that most of us know. If you don't want anyone to respond, you don't initiate a thread. Originating a thread is a way of eliciting responses.

Sometimes I worry that Paulsonitis must be spreading.
The next generation of humans may all be born wearing "kick me" signs.

Athanasius

Nov 16, 1999
Actually, Shocking Blue did post here recently. June 22, about 9:30 p.m., in the "Differences in religion in a relationship" thread. But maybe "Jenni" doesn't know that.

What is going on here is all about hiding. Hiding comes from shame, whether deserved or not. Shame comes from many things, but often originates in:

1) abusing knowledge/talents for self-serving ends, because one wants to be the center of things; or

2) from being abused by those with superior knowledge/talents who use someone for self-serving ends, because they want to be the center.

Read carefully the "Eden" account and this truth will be established.
Often, both facets are involved.

When one walks in the light, one is free. But then one can't remain the center. Entering into the light is painful when a huge cup of shame has to swallowed first. "Let this cup pass from me." is the normal human response.

Precocious, talented children often are victimized in a #2 setting, then mischieviously adopt a #1 face to the world as a way of saying, "No one will ever do this to me again."

It is better to drink the cup and enter into the light.

kabelogo

Banned
Dec 1, 1999
what is going on is that someone can't accept themselves for who they are, and has to take it out on us.

bannana nut bread.

SirFshAlot

Elite Member
Apr 11, 2000
If the handle carries such a burden from association; then why not pick up a new one?

Methinks there is scandal afoot.

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
Sir F, this person has more handles than a Revereware catalog. Apparently not all of the handles are heatproof, though.

kabelogo

Banned
Dec 1, 1999
oh, btw jenni. I would prefer if you did not talk about me because you do not know me, or how to spell half my name. But I'm not gonna start a new thread about it or anything.

bones10

May 23, 2000
When I look at this thread, I'm inclined to think Jenni is telling the truth. If she has other handles, then she would just login as the other handles' and vouch for herself.

If Jenni is new to forums, I can see this mistake happening.

Anyway, my 2cents worth.

- bones

bones10

May 23, 2000
I admit I am somewhat new.

No one has shown any substantial evidence that Jenni is also Jake. Everything I see is based on speculation.

When I think about it, if Jenni is also Jake, then why doesn't this person just sign in as Jake and vouch for him/herself? If Jenni is Jake, then he is not doing a very good job at convincing you all otherwise. To me it seems too much of a half-@assed attempt to be real.

I also ask, what if you are all wrong and Jenni is just a new member? Well I'll tell you, if you are all wrong, you are all haranging this new member for nothing.

If Jenni is Jake, then maybe its not a bad thing to give this person a chance to be different.

So, don't just make accusations. Prove it, or at least give enough circumstantial evidence that most would agree with the conclusions.

Jenni, if you are not Jake, then perhaps you can "prove" it. That would end this right away.

Daedalus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well Bones10, you are fair. ;) [sarc]Maybe Nowhereman will come back and straighten the whole mess out.[/sarc]

kabelogo

Banned
Dec 1, 1999
bones, do you know Jake? Do you know Jenni? If you do, you are either the most neutral person in the world, or just confused.
I hope you say this out of fairness not knowing him/her. Really, I do.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
Nowhereman is dead. I think he's permanently banned.

Jenni is becoming the OT pinata.

If they still log all the post ip addresses, it should be fairly easy to prove it's shocking jake. Jenni is supposed to be in cali, so if the posts came from across the sea, we know the truth. Any help mods?

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
OT pinata

i though that was trollson, ohh nevermind he is OT's biatch.

dam()

bones10

May 23, 2000
kabelogo,

I know neither Jenni nor Jake.

I understand I don't know the whole story behind this Jake character. But this thread is really about Jenni, and whether she is a new member here or not.

I'll re-iterate: I don't see any evidence, only accusations. I can only respond to what I see.

When accusations are made against someone, make sure you are right becuase accusations can be very hurtful to someone. If you don't have the ability to provide evidence, how can you know yourself *for sure* you are right. If you "guess" or "suspect" something, then you don't "know".

If Jenni is the same person as Jake, then you all know who you are dealing with, and I wouldn't know. However, I do know that sometimes people change, and we need to give these people the chance to change. If Jenni is Jake and he has not changed, then I sure he will dig himself his own hole and jump in it again.

Mostly I just think it would be really unfortunate if you all are wrong about this and treated a new member so harshly.

- bones