Restrictions As To Whom Can Vote....

Nov 8, 2012
Very simple question, since someone suggested it on a talk show I was listening to.

Do you think - for any reasons (list them), that we should make a system that restricts a citizen to be unable to vote in an election? In this case, they said that you should not be able to vote if you are currently relying on the government through entitlements. EG: Welfare, Student Loans, Food Stamps, Medical Care.

To be honest, I see the point. If you are currently relying on your government to hold you up, why should you have any say in what happens? Clearly you can't stand on your own 2 feet - so why do you think you should have a say? If the government is holding you up, clearly you haven't met the real world.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
IMO people who are on welfare for an extended period of time should lose their ability to vote. Not going to happen though.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
I'd agree with that requirement because as it stands now it is just simply too easy for politicians to pander to votes from those who are dependent on government.

I'd also add to it a requirement of 100 IQ or higher, age 30 or higher, felons excluded in all states, for life, no exceptions.

Only those born in the US, no first generation immigrants.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Ah, Republicans trying to figure out how to win elections because it's not their ideas that are shit, it's the voters who are shit.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Heh 1st generation immigrants would probably be more inclined to vote for our american way of life than 2nd,3rd, or 4th generation immigrants. The people who are fucking up this country are not 1st generation immigrants. They are 2nd+ generation entitled people who were born here.

I dont have a definitive opinion on this subject. But I will share my experience in 2011 that bothered me. I went to vote on a school funding measure in my city that would be paid for by property owners. And there was a huge line of 18 year old highschool kids. I understand that they have a right to vote. But it did bother me knowing they were going to vote me a higher property tax and graduate. They didnt have any skin in the game and had nothing to lose by voting yes.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
We just need a conservative dictatorship and eliminate voting all together. Poor poor conservatives, the makers have stubbed their toes and are crying a flood. You fucking arrogant worthless scum.

Nov 8, 2012
Ah, Republicans trying to figure out how to win elections because it's not their ideas that are shit, it's the voters who are shit.

If you're working at Walmart, you didn't sit down and analyze how the world works. Now go find some Walmarts that comprise of ANYTHING but liberal voting retards at them.

C'mon now, chop chop cheerio ol' lass.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Heh 1st generation immigrants would probably be more inclined to vote for our american way of life than 2nd,3rd, or 4th generation immigrants. The people who are fucking up this country are not 1st generation immigrants. They are 2nd+ generation entitled people who were born here.

I dont have a definitive opinion on this subject. But I will share my experience in 2011 that bothered me. I went to vote on a school funding measure in my city that would be paid for by property owners. And there was a huge line of 18 year old highschool kids. I understand that they have a right to vote. But it did bother me knowing they were going to vote me a higher property tax and graduate. They didnt have any skin in the game and had nothing to lose by voting yes.

I remember in High School being pissed that I couldn't vote even though I paid taxes, while those on welfare could suck at the government teat and vote themselves more benefits.

Nov 8, 2012

Considering I am dating one that works for a US Govt job - I can definitely confirm this.

Sadly she votes liberal, but bases it off social issues instead of economical.

Nov 8, 2012
We just need a conservative dictatorship and eliminate voting all together. Poor poor conservatives, the makers have stubbed their toes and are crying a flood. You fucking arrogant worthless scum.

So without admitting liberals have a lower IQ, pick up illegal immigrants, and feel obligatted to have entitlements paid by tax payers - please describe in complete detail how this only targets the liberal party and not conservatives as well.

You know... instead of mindlessly posting with no answers, facts, or reasoning.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
So without admitting liberals have a lower IQ, pick up illegal immigrants, and feel obligatted to have entitlements paid by tax payers - please describe in complete detail how this only targets the liberal party and not conservatives as well.

You know... instead of mindlessly posting with no answers, facts, or reasoning.

Your're dating someone with a lower I.Q. where does that leave you?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
If you're working at Walmart, you didn't sit down and analyze how the world works. Now go find some Walmarts that comprise of ANYTHING but liberal voting retards at them.

C'mon now, chop chop cheerio ol' lass.
Ignorant sweeping generalization followed by demand for unobtainable data to disprove laughable sweeping generalization number two.

Nov 8, 2012
Ignorant sweeping generalization followed by demand for unobtainable data to disprove laughable sweeping generalization number two.

Ignorant generalizations that have yet to be proven wrong, more like. In fact, nothing but support for such "Generalizations" has ever shown up.

Jaepheth

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2006
Since our massive amount of military spending/power gets projected worldwide and effects citizens of other countries; I think everyone on the planet should get to vote in US elections.

:colbert:

Nov 8, 2012
Since our massive amount of military spending/power gets projected worldwide and effects citizens of other countries; I think everyone on the planet should get to vote in US elections.

:colbert:

As can be seen in our last 2 elections, voting has made a substantial difference as far as our nations military goes :rolleyes:

Nov 29, 2006
I'd be ok with not allowing anyone who lives fully off government hand outs a vote.

I view it as a conflict of interests.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
1. Denial of Fact
2. Cover Ears
3. SCREAM LA-LA-LA IM NOT LISTENING IM NOT LISTENING
4. Offer no retort
Aren't you the guy that railed against taxes when he DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TAX BRACKETS WORK? Yes. You are THAT guy. You shouldn't be fucking around on the internet until your homework is done, kiddo.

Nov 8, 2012
Aren't you the guy that railed against taxes when he DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TAX BRACKETS WORK? Yes. You are THAT guy. You shouldn't be fucking around on the internet until your homework is done, kiddo.

5. Bring up un-related subject, yet avoiding the topic discussion at hand.

Still awaiting your response...