Remember that shutdown Trump WILL have?

Page 65 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
House passed and adjourned. It's on to Trump.

Press lid called at the WH so no signing video likely, not that they'd want one.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
House passed and adjourned. It's on to Trump.

Press lid called at the WH so no signing video likely, not that they'd want one.
It would be a little demeaning to record him being bribed with KFC after he signs the bigly important bill. No sign, no chicken for Donald!

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Ann Coulter called him a wimp if he signs. Good chance Trump may not sign

He'll sign despite his general obedience to her. If he doesn't he will lose enough Republican support to permit a conviction in the Senate. For many he, not Pelosi, will become public enemy 1

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Ann Coulter called him a wimp if he signs. Good chance Trump may not sign
I think he's stuck with it. He's living with the consequences of double crossing McConnell once & smarting from it. Doing it again so soon would be extremely foolish, even for Trump.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I have to admit that I'm really impressed Trump managed to have Pelosi roll him publicly twice before her first month as speaker is up.

Will be interesting to see if he changes course at all.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I have to admit that I'm really impressed Trump managed to have Pelosi roll him publicly twice before her first month as speaker is up.

I think Pelosi & friends have studied Trump at some depth so as to deal with him effectively. And, like she said, she knows how to deal with temper tantrums from toddlers.

I doubt that Trump understands her at all because she's out of his league. Chumping the rubes is one thing- in that, he has no peer. Actually governing is entirely another- Trump sux at that.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

Fer sure he's backed himself into some dark corner licking his wounds and desperately, spitefully, hatefully trying to find a way to get back at her in the most painful and humiliating way possible because no one does what Pelosi did to him and gets away with it.

His base demands no less.

Reactions: lsd

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Fer sure he's backed himself into some dark corner licking his wounds and desperately, spitefully, hatefully trying to find a way to get back at her in the most painful and humiliating way possible because no one does what Pelosi did to him and gets away with it.

His base demands no less.

meh. They'll all OD on fentanyl-laced meth before they can get around to doing anything serious to anyone else.

Too soon? Don't worry, Trump promised to fix this problem. I'm sure he cares.

right?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I think Pelosi & friends have studied Trump at some depth so as to deal with him effectively. And, like she said, she knows how to deal with temper tantrums from toddlers.

I doubt that Trump understands her at all because she's out of his league. Chumping the rubes is one thing- in that, he has no peer. Actually governing is entirely another- Trump sux at that.

Yeah, Trump has never had to navigate anything like a divided government let alone with one of the most capable leaders in modern memory heading up the opposition. It also seems that he's getting and taking really terrible advice from Kushner, Mulvaney, and other conservatives. That WH lacks any legislative dealmaking competence or even apparently basic political comprehension of their opponent.

If he pretends like the House isn't a factor in his decision making for the next two years he's going to destroy himself quickly.

Reactions: JEDI