Remember that shutdown Trump WILL have?

Page 63 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
For three weeks...wtf!. I'm trying to imagine Trump calling for another shutdown in three weeks, and how McConnell would feel about backing his play that time.

McConnell's willingness to fuck over the country for partisan gain hasn't surprised , but even so I have a hard time seeing him playing ball with the president on another go-round.

Apparently, in regards to the government shutdown, he told fellow Republicans, "There's no education in the second kick of a mule."

Only he said that in 2013, in regard to the shutdown over ObamaCare.

Surely he'd not see much education in the mule's fifth kick. Right?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Guess he doesn't watch any of the El Chapo trial where it was stated that he uses trucks, planes, tunnels, and submarines to bring in the drugs. How's that wall gonna stop that?

Well to be fair, Trump actually has no idea how any of this works. Or how anything happens. He just wails the bullshit talking points that bring a reaction to his people.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Well to be fair, Trump actually has no idea how any of this works. Or how anything happens. He just wails the bullshit talking points that bring a reaction to his people.
He knows that his re-election campaign is dead without a wall, that's all he knows.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012

Clearly a Trump version of Poe's Law is required, in that no possible joke about his stupidity can be readily distinguished from his actual moments of stupidity.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
No reaction from Limbaugh or Coulter yet.. I guess they're still working on spin or else seething with rage?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Both the House and the Senate expect to clear clean CR thru Feb 15 tonight.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
He knows that his re-election campaign is dead without a wall, that's all he knows.

I really don't think it is. I mean it might take a hit, but you're telling me that the base is going to vote against Donald when its CLEARLY those dirty liberals' fault he couldn't get the wall built?!

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The question on if he still has enough Senate support to do a shutdown again in a few weeks seems very much open. Defections were already on the rise and who is going to want to endure this again when the WH has zero plan?

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Mitch McConnell's political maneuvering here is epic. The base is seething at Trump (one conservative operative described this move to CNN as a "knife to the heart of his base")...and Mitch will get off scott-free!

He held his ground, managed to show Trump for the fool he is...but didn't burn any bridges in the process.

ecogen

Golden Member
Dec 24, 2016
Guess he doesn't watch any of the El Chapo trial where it was stated that he uses trucks, planes, tunnels, and submarines to bring in the drugs. How's that wall gonna stop that?

The wall won't have any openings so trucks won't be able to get through, checkmate libtards.