Recent poll confirms that the vast majority of anti-vaxxers are now right-wing/Trump supporters.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
am i vaccinated? thats a personal medical question. do you have an STD? do you have hepatitis C? Do you do anal? many countries require it for travel, i like to travel and do travel internationally. I believe in HIPA. I will never ask anyone if they are vaccinated against anything (except if they step on a nail i will ask them when their last tetnus was).

How do you say "I know nothing about medicine or law" without saying "I know nothing about medicine or law?"

Want to guess how I know you're reading (and buying) anti-vaxxer propaganda?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I believe in HIPA. I will never ask anyone if they are vaccinated against anything

You have no fucking clue what HIPAA actually means.

If Trump pitched vaccination as hard as he's pitching the Stolen! Election! we'd be miles ahead of where we are. Not that he ever gave a fuck, anyway, having created much of the problem in the first place. Liberate Michigan, right?

And now we're going to gut the Governor's emergency powers.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
They're going to have some other excuse when the FDA gives full approval later this year.

That right there is an ingrained trait and kneejerk response that Trump's supporters have conditioned themselves into after years of having to support Trump's incompetence and literally saying so, the clumsy simple minded way he prioritizes his self-interest above the welfare of the people he is supposedly the leader and caretaker of.

Trump's whole public persona is a catastrophic blend of falsehoods and lies exacerbated by his ineptitude and his total lack of leadership skills of which has been totally ignored and/or made excuses for in his supporter's efforts to raise him and idolize him as their symbol of defiance and victory over what they were led to believe are their sworn enemies.

ElMonoDelMar

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2004
How does that "checks out" when it's based on how the county voted for POTUS?

You realize the majority of counties are decided by less than 10% - meaning that while a county votes say....55% republican, that there is still 45% that are democrats there?

What this shows is that for a county that voted say...55% republican, that only 45% of that county is vaccinated. That holds true for damn near every county in the US.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
I asked a question. Though I should have known not to because of the hypersensitive nature of many here. Let me give you a little advice that will help you as you grow into adulthood. When someone asks questions about a topic you're passionate about, it's not always an attack. Sometimes, it's just a question. When you start ranting and making accusations all you're doing is presenting yourself as a fool.

My curiosity doesn't run that deep.
I don't see a question there.

Your curiosity doesn't run deep, but your ignorance sure does. Take your own advice and stop making a fool of yourself.

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
If Trump pitched vaccination as hard as he's pitching the Stolen! Election! we'd be miles ahead of where we are. Not that he ever gave a fuck, anyway, having created much of the problem in the first place. Liberate Michigan, right?

I think a 30 second commercial by Trump extolling vaccination would help tremendously in red states. But his fragile ego and narcissistic self can’t handle that.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I think a 30 second commercial by Trump extolling vaccination would help tremendously in red states. But his fragile ego and narcissistic self can’t handle that.
It's hard to imagine Trump doing that, unless he was paid a substantial sum for it. I'm not sure how the faithful would view it either. It seems like they would accuse him of selling out.

Reactions: BlueWeasel

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It's hard to imagine Trump doing that, unless he was paid a substantial sum for it. I'm not sure how the faithful would view it either. It seems like they would accuse him of selling out.

He's just staying out of it, having touted vaccines as the answer all thru the pandemic. He'll let MTG & the others spread their poison, simply to keep the minds of the faithful nicely scrambled, incapable of making rational decisions in general.

JWade

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
www.heatware.com
actually i do know alot about HIPA, wife works in the medical field. While it is primarily medical personel sharing your medical information, it has been applied to others not in the medical field. has nothing to do with propganda, or anti- anything. There are multiple cases in late 90's and early 2000's where someone found out someone had AIDS/HIV and blasted it over the internet, told all counts of people, and were indeed found guilty of sharing private medical information.
Those who dont have an issue with asking it, thats your choice. Some people, like me, do believe in privacy and respect other people's choices. Before this pandemic, i had already taken many of the precautions recommended by the CDC, the washing of hands, social distancing, etc. Social distancing is the same thing as respecting a person's personal space. Always avoided crowds of people. I wear a mask if where i am going requires it. If they dont require it, i dont wear one. That's respecting other people's choices. I dont get in anyone's face for wearing or not wearing one.

Why are so many people concerned about other people's choices? If your vaccinated, then why does it matter if someone else is or isnt?

someone said that once the vaccines get final approval and no longer only for emergancy use that anti-vaxxers will come up with a different excuse. Even if they did, who cares, ITS THEIR CHOICE, you live your life, let them live their life.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014

Why? They never gave a shit about him hiring illegals at his golf courses. He's the cult leader.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
actually i do know alot about HIPA, wife works in the medical field. While it is primarily medical personel sharing your medical information, it has been applied to others not in the medical field. has nothing to do with propganda, or anti- anything. There are multiple cases in late 90's and early 2000's where someone found out someone had AIDS/HIV and blasted it over the internet, told all counts of people, and were indeed found guilty of sharing private medical information.
Those who dont have an issue with asking it, thats your choice. Some people, like me, do believe in privacy and respect other people's choices. Before this pandemic, i had already taken many of the precautions recommended by the CDC, the washing of hands, social distancing, etc. Social distancing is the same thing as respecting a person's personal space. Always avoided crowds of people. I wear a mask if where i am going requires it. If they dont require it, i dont wear one. That's respecting other people's choices. I dont get in anyone's face for wearing or not wearing one.

Why are so many people concerned about other people's choices? If your vaccinated, then why does it matter if someone else is or isnt?

someone said that once the vaccines get final approval and no longer only for emergancy use that anti-vaxxers will come up with a different excuse. Even if they did, who cares, ITS THEIR CHOICE, you live your life, let them live their life.

Because you're not a fucking island.

abj13

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2005

You claim to be an expert on a federal law because your significant other is involved in healthcare? Ha! Does that mean I get to claim to be a double expert in materials science because I have not just one, but TWO family members in the field??? If you really are an expert, I would have expected you at least to spell the acronym correctly, or at least taken a moment to read Wikipedia or something.

But answer me these questions, since you claim to be an expert:
1) Can a truck driver refuse to answer questions about having an epilepsy when applying for a commercial driver's license?
2) Can a person returning to the US from an Ebola endemic region during an outbreak refuse any questions about fever, vomiting, diarrhea, and rash when required by the CDC and state/county health departments?
3) Can a hospital employee refuse to submit their required testing records for tuberculosis and claim "HIPA?"
4) Can a driver who is pulled over for concerns of driving under the influence, refuse testing for opioids and benzodiazepines?

We don't live in a vacuum. Silly arguments of anarchy doesn't work in civilized society. If you wife was driving home from work and got hit from a drunk driver, are you really going to not care and say, "who cares if that person drove drunk, ITS THEIR CHOICE, you live your life, let them live their life."

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Gawd. Anybody not vaxxed at this point who spreads it around is literally killing their fellow Americans, even if they don't die themselves. It leads to kids losing their parents & loved ones. That's the real choice, not whatever delusions about "Muh Freedumb!" might be addling their minds. Get vaxxed before you kill somebody, maybe yourself.

JWade

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
www.heatware.com
i not once claimed to be an expert.

let me answer your questions though
1. if an employee at the DMV told other people if said person applying for a commercial license told other people that a person applying had epilepsy they can be held accountable by the law and prosecuted. Atleast in the state of Missouri they can.
2. When involved in international travel, they must answer, if they dont, they will be treated as if they had those symptoms and be held in quarantine for set amount of time. personally seen it more than once when returning from overseas trips.
3. no they cant, its a requirement of their employment, but if anyone says anything about their results then those saying it can be held accountable under the laws
4. yes they can, and if the officer has cause, they can get a warrant for blood draw.

these are all completely different circumstances on if someone has been vaccinated against a virus or not. Drunk driving is against the law, illegal. getting a vaccine or not getting a vaccine is not illegal. people have a choice in it, getting one, or not getting one has nothing to do with breaking any laws.

JWade

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
www.heatware.com
Gawd. Anybody not vaxxed at this point who spreads it around is literally killing their fellow Americans, even if they don't die themselves. It leads to kids losing their parents & loved ones. That's the real choice, not whatever delusions about "Muh Freedumb!" might be addling their minds. Get vaxxed before you kill somebody, maybe yourself.

fact: there are more deaths attributed to smoking than all of covid-19. how many children, who dont have a choice, have gotten asthma because their parents smoke around them? death rate for covid-19 is .1% maybe, some of those anti-vaxxers are making descisions on to get it or not to get it based on side effects, like blood clots, like neurological problems as opposed to the .1% chance at death.

The only people that someone who isnt vaccinated getting sick is someone else who made the choice to not get vaccinated. Also, if you have had covid, you dont need the vaccine, how vaccines work, is they get the body to make anti-bodies for a virus as if they have had it. FDA's own website says if you have had covid then you already have the anti-bodies to the virus. It also says they do not know how long those anti-bodies will last. Same with the vaccines though. Right now, two manufacturers are recommending a third shot (booster), FDA and CDC says it isnt needed at this time.

i am no expert, but i do my research. I didnt vote for Trump in the last election, i am not an anti-vaxxer any means, but again, i do believe people have a choice, not getting the vaccine is not breaking any longs, and definitely cannot be compared to a drunk driver killing someone, a drunk driver broke the law driving intoxicated.

everyone complaining about people not getting vaccinated against covid, do you know how many other vaccines are out there that you can get? there is a rabies vaccine, even if you live in a city, where rats and other animals can get rabies, a person can get vaccinated against it. smallpox, plaque (yes there is still a vaccine for it, its a three series vaccine, it is still out there in parts of the world, and as seen with how fast a virus can spread like covid has, its possible), of course there is anthrax too. I highly doubt everyone complaining about people not getting the covid vaccine hasnt gotten any of these vaccines mentioned. wait let me give you an excuse "they arent that deadly, they arent that wide spread, i choose not to get them, risk isnt that high" same excuses we all hear from the covid anti-vaxxers. i know, i know, its TOTALLY different right?

abj13

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2005
i not once claimed to be an expert.

"actually i do know alot about HIPA..."

So you're claiming you don't actually know anything about HIPA [sic]?

let me answer your questions though
1. if an employee at the DMV told other people if said person applying for a commercial license told other people that a person applying had epilepsy they can be held accountable by the law and prosecuted. Atleast in the state of Missouri they can.
2. When involved in international travel, they must answer, if they dont, they will be treated as if they had those symptoms and be held in quarantine for set amount of time. personally seen it more than once when returning from overseas trips.
3. no they cant, its a requirement of their employment, but if anyone says anything about their results then those saying it can be held accountable under the laws
4. yes they can, and if the officer has cause, they can get a warrant for blood draw.

Perfect, your response contradicts your claims about HIPA [sic] and what it means for medical privacy. Suddenly given all these scenarios it appears "HIPA" suddenly cannot be claimed by people in different situations, just like employers with vaccinations. I suggest not posting about a law when you don't actually know what it covers.

Drunk driving is against the law, illegal. getting a vaccine or not getting a vaccine is not illegal. people have a choice in it, getting one, or not getting one has nothing to do with breaking any laws.

You made a post about medical privacy and "HIPA", which in about two posts, you've shown you don't actually understand the meaning of the law.

abj13

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2005
fact: there are more deaths attributed to smoking than all of covid-19. how many children, who dont have a choice, have gotten asthma because their parents smoke around them? death rate for covid-19 is .1% maybe, some of those anti-vaxxers are making descisions on to get it or not to get it based on side effects, like blood clots, like neurological problems as opposed to the .1% chance at death.

Please cite for us how many people get blood clots or "neurological problems" from the vaccine. Let's start there.

Also, if you have had covid, you dont need the vaccine, how vaccines work, is they get the body to make anti-bodies for a virus as if they have had it.
i am no expert, but i do my research.

You do your own research? Why would you post a statement completely contradicted by BOTH the CDC and WHO? Both organizations are crystal clear, even if you've been previously diagnosed with COVID-19, both clearly recommend that one still gets vaccinated.

Why are you purposely posting false information about the vaccine?

everyone complaining about people not getting vaccinated against covid, do you know how many other vaccines are out there that you can get? there is a rabies vaccine, even if you live in a city, where rats and other animals can get rabies, a person can get vaccinated against it. smallpox, plaque (yes there is still a vaccine for it, its a three series vaccine, it is still out there in parts of the world, and as seen with how fast a virus can spread like covid has, its possible), of course there is anthrax too. I highly doubt everyone complaining about people not getting the covid vaccine hasnt gotten any of these vaccines mentioned. wait let me give you an excuse "they arent that deadly, they arent that wide spread, i choose not to get them, risk isnt that high" same excuses we all hear from the covid anti-vaxxers. i know, i know, its TOTALLY different right?

None of those vaccines are universally recommended. Rabies is only for those at high risk of infection or as post-exposure prophylaxis. Anthrax is only recommended for those with high risk of exposure or after exposure. The same holds true for smallpox. There isn't a publicly available plague vaccine in the US.

The COVID vaccines are universally recommended.

So yes, it is totally different, and bringing up these other vaccines demonstrates you haven't done the research about them. None of those other pathogens are currently causing a global pandemic. How many Smallpox infections occurred in the world over the past year?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

The only people that someone who isnt vaccinated getting sick is someone else who made the choice to not get vaccinated. Also, if you have had covid, you dont need the vaccine, how vaccines work, is they get the body to make anti-bodies for a virus as if they have had it. FDA's own website says if you have had covid then you already have the anti-bodies to the virus. It also says they do not know how long those anti-bodies will last. Same with the vaccines though. Right now, two manufacturers are recommending a third shot (booster), FDA and CDC says it isnt needed at this time.

i am no expert, but i do my research. I didnt vote for Trump in the last election, i am not an anti-vaxxer any means, but again, i do believe people have a choice, not getting the vaccine is not breaking any longs, and definitely cannot be compared to a drunk driver killing someone, a drunk driver broke the law driving intoxicated.

That's a head first dive into the bunker o' denial & obfuscation. They're making that choice on the basis of deliberate disinformation that the risks of the vaccine are greater than those of the disease. It's simply not true. You know it's not true.

Your final paragraph is desperate diversion. All of those diseases have been around for a very long while. If they were a serious threat to public health we'd already be vaxxed for them, like Polio. Duh fucking duh. Covid, otoh, has killed 600K Americans in a little over a year & the delta variant will obviously extend that well into the future so long as too many people act stupid & too many defend it.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
all the vaccines are still only approved for emegancy use. i know multiple people who are waiting for the vaccines to get final approval and not just emergency use. their reasoning is that as time goes on, side effects of the vaccines are becoming known. they weigh the side effects vs death rate from the virus. i wouldnt call them anti-vaxers, i would classify them as anti-unapproved for regular use vaxers, of vaccines that we are still finding out side-effects of.

am i vaccinated? thats a personal medical question. do you have an STD? do you have hepatitis C? Do you do anal? many countries require it for travel, i like to travel and do travel internationally. I believe in HIPA. I will never ask anyone if they are vaccinated against anything (except if they step on a nail i will ask them when their last tetnus was).

These are very long posts to say you aren’t vaccinated.

You should get vaccinated to protect yourself and others. You should change your media consumption to do the same.