PSA -Sapphire Reserve with 100K points bonus, LAST CHANCE is Saturday 3/11 at branch...

Page 44 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 17, 2019
This one is 50K, but the language is always similar:

Earn 50,000 bonus miles

after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.*

This card product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new Cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.

When logged in to your Chase account, you should see 'Credit Journey' and somewhere in there you can see a credit report with various details.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Sorry if I wasn't clear - I am referring to just Chase credit cards and the 5/24 rule. I opened a Chase Ink Business Preferred this past summer and wondering if that counts against something.

I also got a United Explorer Mileageplus flyer in the mail to get a 65k bonus. I know for a fact I got a United card in the past 24 months, however there was nowhere on the flyer that it says anything about not getting the bonus if I have opened a card in the past 24 months. But, it also has a link to go to and I'm guessing it may say it somewhere in there in the fine print.

Also, what is the best way to find out exactly which cards you have opened in the past 24 months? Is it just to get one of those free credit report and try to just figure it out that way?

Ah ok. Chase does not count them. There's always the chance for an error in reporting but then you can just call the Chase reconsideration line, have them pull up your Chase cards and they should be able to see 1 is a business card and the review the application again. That has worked for me in the past anyway. Personally I keep a spreadsheet myself of when I open and close cards but the free reports should work

When logged in to your Chase account, you should see 'Credit Journey' and somewhere in there you can see a credit report with various details.
You have to sign up for that to be able to use it. Not saying its good or bad just noting it is an additional thing with additional terms, conditions, etc considerations

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Ah ok. Chase does not count them. There's always the chance for an error in reporting but then you can just call the Chase reconsideration line, have them pull up your Chase cards and they should be able to see 1 is a business card and the review the application again. That has worked for me in the past anyway. Personally I keep a spreadsheet myself of when I open and close cards but the free reports should work
Okay cool thanks. I think I am good then to get 1 more since I got the one mentioned above in the summer, and I believe that would have been my 5th one, but it was business. I will try to look into it more.

Good idea about the spread sheet I should do that as well for moments like this.

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
Sorry if I wasn't clear - I am referring to just Chase credit cards and the 5/24 rule. I opened a Chase Ink Business Preferred this past summer and wondering if that counts against something.

I also got a United Explorer Mileageplus flyer in the mail to get a 65k bonus. I know for a fact I got a United card in the past 24 months, however there was nowhere on the flyer that it says anything about not getting the bonus if I have opened a card in the past 24 months. But, it also has a link to go to and I'm guessing it may say it somewhere in there in the fine print.

Also, what is the best way to find out exactly which cards you have opened in the past 24 months? Is it just to get one of those free credit report and try to just figure it out that way?
I don't remember if credit reports report the opened accounts, as well as opened accounts that have been closed. That's what you'd need in order to review.

As others have said, most of the chase ink cards don't hit your personal credit, although they may if you use your SSN to open them instead of an EIN.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I don't remember if credit reports report the opened accounts, as well as opened accounts that have been closed. That's what you'd need in order to review.

As others have said, most of the chase ink cards don't hit your personal credit, although they may if you use your SSN to open them instead of an EIN.
That is a good point.

I opened them with my SSN.

Dec 10, 2005
Decided to jump into a credit card rewards promotion train to try and get a free flight for once. We're looking to go to Japan sometime next year, and it seems AA/JAL, you can get premium economy for 100k miles round trip per person. Thanks to a small bank of existing AA miles, a Bilt card that has 1:1 transfer to AA, and Citi's ongoing AA promotion (75k miles if you hit the spend in 4 months), I should be able to get us round trip airfare for 2 to Japan for free, which is pretty great considering flight costs these days.