President Obama birth certificate not authentic, results of Sherif Arpaio's study

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
A good counter argument is to attack the logic behind the statement; or to try to get at the logic so you can attack it. to say that something simply doesn't-follow is to say "I don't get it" or "nuh uh!"

Take the turtle. It could be that our constant exposure to a blue sky with a yellow sun makes it so that a green pet reminds us of happy times, at which point I could argue for-or-against your logic. If this isn't your logic I could still ask if this is your reasoning to try to get at the point.
That is my entire argument. The sky is blue, therefore turtles make the best pets. If the sky wasn't blue, perhaps some other animal would be a better pet, but the sky indeed appears blue to us so turtles make the best pets. BTW not all turtles are green and the color of the sun has nothing to do with my conclusion. If the sun had anything to do with my conclusion I would have included it as an additional premise.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
If you are going to pick apart his grammar and spelling the forums are going to need more storage space for all your additional posts.

Well, I was wondering how I could get Lifer status in the next day.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Thats not what the people of his birth country claim at all . They say he was born in kenya his grandma was present at birth in kenya . Why the PDF birth cert. than its a fake undisputed except by those who were duked and doped by the lieing son of a jackel

That doesn't make any sense. If Obama is a reptilian shape-shifter how could he be the son of jackal? Jackals are mammals.

I think we should put the birth certificate issue on hold until this is settled.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Actually not so and its documented . You other post The bold part you choose I found Amusing .

This is the section that counts . She didn't make it . Its in my video link of same documents . I have the full document .

So ya I proved my case in the debate . Beat up on me I don't care .

This is all that matters from your post ,

(g) a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than five years, at least two of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years: Provided, That any periods of honorable service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or periods of employment with the United States Government or with an international organization as that term is defined in section 1 of the International Organizations Immunities Act (59 Stat. 669; 22 U.S.C. 288) by such citizen parent, or any periods during which such citizen parent is physically present abroad as the dependent unmarried son or daughter and a member of the household of a person (A) honorably serving with the Armed Forces of the United States, or (B) employed by the United States Government or an international organization as defined in section 1 of the International Organizations Immunities Act, may be included in order to satisfy the physical-presence requirement of this paragraph. This proviso shall be applicable to persons born on or after December 24, 1952, to the same extent as if it had become effective in its present form on that date; and

I stopped reading after the bolded part, because I knew the rest was moot since it doesn't apply to someone born in Hawaii. I can't believe this thread is still going.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Thats not what the people of his birth country claim at all . They say he was born in kenya his grandma was present at birth in kenya . Why the PDF birth cert. than its a fake undisputed except by those who were duked and doped by the lieing son of a jackel

You do know that time and again the whole "his grandma says she was present" thing has been debunked. You have been proven, without any doubt whatsoever, wrong about every single post you've made in this thread. Please just stop. Also, learn to spell a bit better it would make it mildly less painful to read your posts.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Even us on the left cringe at the thought of Biden as President. Why do you think calls to impeach Bush for warrantless wiretapping or torture never took hold? No one wanted Cheney.

And we almost impeached Clinton and would have gotten Gored......

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Perk:
WTF mate, stop picking on the handy-capable!

That is my entire argument. The sky is blue, therefore turtles make the best pets. If the sky wasn't blue, perhaps some other animal would be a better pet, but the sky indeed appears blue to us so turtles make the best pets. BTW not all turtles are green and the color of the sun has nothing to do with my conclusion. If the sun had anything to do with my conclusion I would have included it as an additional premise.
You've failed to offer causal logic and you've failed to define your variables. No doubt this is an appeal to authority, yours, regarding the subject. Further you've made a hasty generalization, based on your own inductive experiences.

Do you see how looking directly at the problems that have lead to the "non-sequitur" help everyone better understand the flaw in the logic?

We could find a simple-error in standard logic:
if the sky is blue then ducks are awesome
the sky is black : therefore ducks are not awesome.

That's when you hit a non-sequitur; the problem is that just saying "that's supid" doesn't help anyone because it's obvious. What helps is pointing out why the stupid argument was made.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

You've failed to offer causal logic and you've failed to define your variables. No doubt this is an appeal to authority, yours, regarding the subject. Further you've made a hasty generalization, based on your own inductive experiences.

Do you see how looking directly at the problems that have lead to the "non-sequitur" help everyone better understand the flaw in the logic?

We could find a simple-error in standard logic:
if the sky is blue then ducks are awesome
the sky is black : therefore ducks are not awesome.

That's when you hit a non-sequitur; the problem is that just saying "that's supid" doesn't help anyone because it's obvious. What helps is pointing out why the stupid argument was made.
The bolded is correct, the rest is suspect. I'm not appealing to authority, I'm just making a statement. You don't know why I drew my conclusion so claiming I made a hasty generalization is hasty itself. :D

The fact remains though that I did fail to offer causal logic. Which is one of many different ways of saying I used a non-sequitur.

You see, Mister Crat, simply saying someone used a non-sequitur is valid if they indeed posted a non-sequitur. Most attempts to explain why someone posted a non-sequitur are going to end up being a way of saying 'you used a non-sequitur' or 'your conclusion does not follow from your premise.'

I notice now that you've changed to attacking 'that's supid[sic]' which is not the same as posting 'that's a non-sequitur.'

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Pst, you lost... A wise man would just walk away.

Yes I am aware. Who were they attacking before I created a new target for the rage against the Good Guy sherrif. I think I succeeded well . Look the sheriff put this info out there . Like it or not he did a nice job of presenting his case . Keep in mind this is a sherrif . If what he is saying can't be backup. I would say he is in deep trouble . This can't be swept under the rug. It actually has to be dealt with. SO what if the guy is right . Tell me how do we as a nation deal with it. I know that since Clinton stood infront of nation and out and out lied . All politicans are doing it way more openly. If you get elected on promises ya made and ya turn around and do just the opposite you should be removed from office. As you misrepresented yourself

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
LOL we don't need to shave son of jackels head use imagination lol. I new this would be good for shits and giggles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypb4c7wr4UA

This is not an occult science. This is not one of those crazy systems of divination and astrology. That stuff's hooey, and you've got to have a screw loose to go in for that sort of thing. Our beliefs are fairly commonplace and simple to understand. Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration. You would make that conclusion walking down the street or going to the store.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
9000+ posts with an average of 85 spelling and grammar 'mistakes' per post ... yeah you should be good.

Actually under my other user names 2 of which weren't me but I did use the account I over 20,000 post . Go back to Zinn2b . Read it all . And how I was banned the first time . Go ahead learn something. Keep in mind the date. But read more about what I said about NV sli Vs ATI . This is were their sore spot is . Than tell me I should have been banned

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Actually under my other user names 2 of which weren't me but I did use the account I over 20,000 post . Go back to Zinn2b . Read it all . And how I was banned the first time . Go ahead learn something. Keep in mind the date. But read more about what I said about NV sli Vs ATI . This is were their sore spot is . Than tell me I should have been banned

Thank God for the model trains, you know? If they didn't have the model trains they wouldn't have gotten the idea for the big trains.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Oh I don't have that kind of free time, but I do remember how the mighty larabee and fermi were going to rise up and smite ATI. :D

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
-snip-
As a note, all changes are always retroactive when they make it easier, but not retroactive when they make it harder.

You've made this claim before. I've never heard of it. Please give us links to confirm.

TIA

Fern

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Sheriff Arpaio has long since jumped the shark.

Doesn't he have some pink underwear to hand out, somewhere?

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
My hope is the sheriff gets put in his own jail outside on a cot and gets baloney sandwiches to eat. It'd serve him right.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
'you used a non-sequitur' or 'your conclusion does not follow from your premise.'
All faulty reasoning doesn't follow; it's offering little in the way of conversational value, other than to point out that something was not logical.

The manner in which something was illogical raza afraza, which is why you're wrong.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
That is my entire argument. The sky is blue, therefore turtles make the best pets. If the sky wasn't blue, perhaps some other animal would be a better pet, but the sky indeed appears blue to us so turtles make the best pets.

Cowabunga Dude! :)

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
You've made this claim before. I've never heard of it. Please give us links to confirm.

TIA

Fern

It is a bit convoluted. Much of it is based on the work of President Clinton:

Recent Amendments
The Immigration and Nationality Technical Corrections Act of 1994 (Pub. L. No. 103-416, 108 Stat. 4305) ("INTCA") has given rise to several changes in the Immigration and Nationality Act ("INA") which relate to the transmission, at birth, of U.S. citizenship to children born abroad. The implementation of INTCA has not affected the various residence/physical presence requirements imposed on U.S. citizen parents in previous statutes. In order to determine whether or not the U.S. citizen parent has complied with these requirements, the statute that applied at the time of the child's birth must be considered.
However, INA §301(h) now provides that any person born before noon (Eastern Standard Time) on May 24, 1934 outside the U.S. to an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who resided in the U.S. is considered to be a U.S. citizen at birth. The provision is to be retroactively applied as though the amendment had been made at the time of the person's birth, subject to only two exceptions which are outside the scope of this article. Also, any provision of law that provides for a person's loss of citizenship or nationality if a person failed to come to, or reside or be physically present in the United States shall not apply to a person claiming citizenship under §301(h). Prior to INTCA, a considerable number of children born to one alien parent and one U.S. citizen parent lost their citizenship as a result of their failure to satisfy the various retention requirements which were in effect from May 24, 1934 to October 10, 1978. INA §324(d)(1) now provides that a person who was a U.S. citizen at birth who lost citizenship for failing to meet certain physical presence retention requirements in effect before October 10, 1978 will, upon taking the oath of allegiance, once again be considered be a U.S. citizen and have the status of a U.S. citizen by birth. Persons born prior to May 24, 1934 to a U.S. citizen mother and an alien father and persons born on or after May 24, 1934 but before October 10, 1978 to a U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent, who lost U.S. citizenship for failure to comply with the retention requirements may now regain citizenship in light of these amendments.
http://americanlaw.com/citabrd.html

Basically, there are a few different items in play here. First is Clinton fixing a past mistake in the law and applying it to the time when the mistake was made. Second is the use of "those born before" and "those born after" and such statements. These are, obviously, applicable to those born in the past and changes the rules on them, thereby being applied retroactively.

It cannot be done to strip away citizenship, due to the 14th Amendment saying so, but it can be done to add citizenship to people.

Not all citizenship law changes are retroactive, but the ones applicable to Obama are...this, of course, uses the presumption that Obama was born outside the US. I do not believe that is true, but I am using it as a worst case scenario. Even in this worst case scenario, Obama is still a natural born US citizen.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
GO back re listen and come back . You missed a lot which I do not find surprizing . Listen to the 5 year part. She only did 4 years.

The law at the time, which was superceded by current law and retroactively applied via the INTCA rules, would still grant Obama natural born citizenship.

His mother spent as much time as possible in the US between her 14th and 18th birthday. No court would rule she did not meant the intention of the law.

If you feel so strongly about this, start a case. Find a lawyer and sue. You will never make it to court, due to the reasons I just outlines, but go for it.