Prepping for post-election fallout?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
175000+ dead.. life will be grandios just as it is now...

Yep virus is fake news indeed!
Last week they noted that we've had 200,000 more deaths than usual, so figure you can attribute those 200,000 to the virus.

They're finding that even seemingly asymptomatic contractors of this thing can suffer major damage. And just because it doesn't kill you doesn't mean you don't have major damage, often lifelong damage. This virus causes a wider range of effects on the human body than any previous in medical history.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
When Donald Trump wins in November, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, and most of the major dem cities will burn further in riots, and life will be grandios just as it is now...
Grandiosity is a typical trait of bigotry. You support an inflated, grandiose state of outrage against liberals because your morally committed to a grandiose notion of what truth and goodness is. But sadly, your deep and proper love of the good is destroyed by the egotism you manifest in believing you, just another nobody like the rest of us, actually know what it is. Sadly, you have been profoundly damaged by Stockholm Syndrome. You were perverted to believe in a moral standard that is basically shit. And you live in fear that the imbecilic notions that were instilled in you as truth you would be evil to abandon. You can't hear me now and maybe never, but if your moral standards ever get exposed to rational self analysis and you feel you are entering hell, just know that others have gone before you. I for one fell into that blackness and agony of despair and wondered there for some time before I realized that all my need for moral meaning my sacred cows gave me, when I lost them I also eventurally realized there was also never any need for meaning. We were born with a capacity to experience the joy of being. I wish you peace.

You don't want to pay taxes but you willingly pay the price of believing in things that create for you a tortured prison. Taxes are nothing by comparison, trust me. I know a bit about what suffering is. There is a treasure that remains to be had when you lose everything that can be taken. Our poverty is that we won't let go of the crumbs we have out of fear that is all that we have. Very very sad.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
That happens daily anyway.
Yup, a culture based competition inevitably creates a hatred of losers and the war to define who they are. Our society decided it would be black people to define as worthless so there would not be any guilt dumping our unchristian-like hatred on them. The ego needs to find a way not to blame itself for immorality, the need to remain unconscious that it is self hate that creates the hatred of others via projection.

And as black folk and white folk who can't manage the irrationality of delusional thinking begin to resist, a war against racism begins. On one side folk die unable to breathe and the stones come flying in protest. Hate creates hate because we deny to ourselves that it is we who are the other. It happens every day as the price of mechanical unconscious sleep. Pus a button and watch the knee jerk. Homo sapiens sapiens, a self naming that could only be done by self congratulatory boobs. How is it we act so worthlessly? What other answer can there be than it's how we feel?

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Yup, a culture based competition inevitably creates a hatred of losers and the war to define who they are.
Hence the disdain and contempt that coastal blue staters have for economically disadvantaged rural deplorables and flyover states.

And as black folk and white folk who can't manage the irrationality of delusional thinking begin to resist, a war against racism begins.
The root cause of racism is socio economic opportunity. These white folk you speak of can win that war at any time by fixing the problems in their own back yards, and sharing their economic good fortune with the less fortunate. You can’t win the war when you assault the wrong hill.

On one side folk die unable to breathe and the stones come flying in protest
The stones are flying because of Trump, and rationalizing their use is dangerous because it wouldn’t take much for that stone to be directed at you.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
For all the morons who bought Trump merchandise, flags, painted their vehicles, tatoos..etc etc I offer a giant firepit to burn all that shit.

Never have I seen so many idiots do something as ridiculous as treat some asshole elected official like a sports team and spend so much money on "merch".

Last edited:

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
For all the morons who bought Trump merchandise, flags, painted there vehicles, tatoos..etc etc I offer a giant firepit to burn all that shit.

Never have I seen so many idiots do something as ridiculous as treat some asshole elected official like a sports team and spend so much money on "merch".

And I agree with you that buying and displaying this shit is stupid beyond belief.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Hence the disdain and contempt that coastal blue staters have for economically disadvantaged rural deplorables and flyover states.
This is pretty impressive projection and, shocking, it’s once again wrongly focused on liberals.Polls consistently show those rural deplorables hate the coastal blue staters much more than the other way around. There’s a reason why ‘owning the libs’ is a thing and ‘owning the cons’ is not. It’s because conservatives are blinded by hatred and contempt.

So if you actually believe this and are not yet again concern trolling, what is to be done to get conservatives to stop putting hatred first?

The root cause of racism is socio economic opportunity. These white folk you speak of can win that war at any time by fixing the problems in their own back yards, and sharing their economic good fortune with the less fortunate. You can’t win the war when you assault the wrong hill.
Racism is much more the cause than the result of lack of economic opportunity.

The stones are flying because of Trump, and rationalizing their use is dangerous because it wouldn’t take much for that stone to be directed at you.
The stones are flying because the cops have murdered and brutalized people for decades with impunity. What people are saying now is, in effect, make the cops subject to the same laws as everyone else.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I totally forgot tiki torches. Where would the Nazi movement be without them?
Of course we all know the roll tiki torches played in slavery, I don't understand why they haven't been banned yet.
Do you blame the lack of straws on global warming?

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
This is pretty impressive projection and, shocking, it’s once again wrongly focused on liberals.Polls consistently show those rural deplorables hate the coastal blue staters much more than the other way around. There’s a reason why ‘owning the libs’ is a thing and ‘owning the cons’ is not. It’s because conservatives are blinded by hatred and contempt.

I gotta agree here.
The whole narrative goes back to Nixon's "Silent Majority" comment.
Republicans have been using variations of that concept for years to try and shut down silly things like civil rights to integration to "College graduates using SAT words not found in the bible".

The theme switched to attacks on "City people and hollywood" and then in the 21st century went full victimhood and turned it around to paint it as Blue City elites have it out for all those little Republican districts throughout flyover country. There was a companion movement not to long ago pushing for "NYC elites to have compassion and empathy for all the people who are hurting in the heartland" in the lead up to Trump and now we see the end result of this whole line of BS that begins with Nixon.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
175,000 dead due to covid19.
800,000-1,000,000 million annual aborted babies due to the disease of liberalism.
You do the math.
As we have covered many times no one actually considers an embryo to be a baby. I know you want to lie to us and claim that you do, but you don't and this is a 100% guarantee.

This is what I don't get about conservatives - they claim to be against abortion as a moral issue but then constantly, egregiously lie about it to the rest of us. Where's your morality when it comes to honesty?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I gotta agree here.
The whole narrative goes back to Nixon's "Silent Majority" comment.
Republicans have been using variations of that concept for years to try and shut down silly things like civil rights to integration to "College graduates using SAT words not found in the bible".

The theme switched to attacks on "City people and hollywood" and then in the 21st century went full victimhood and turned it around to paint it as Blue City elites have it out for all those little Republican districts throughout flyover country. There was a companion movement not to long ago pushing for "NYC elites to have compassion and empathy for all the people who are hurting in the heartland" in the lead up to Trump and now we see the end result of this whole line of BS that begins with Nixon.
It's because basically all of modern American conservatism is projection - they excuse all of the horrible things they do based on the idea that liberals would do the same if they had the chance. Why do they hate liberals? Because they imagine liberals hate them.

The sad part is that liberals DON'T do the same things they do. They don't have the same hatred for conservatives that conservatives have for liberals. Liberals have plenty of problems of their own but the disease in our country is a right wing reactionary mob that would rather see the country burn than admit their time is over. The way you justify burning the country is by convincing yourself the other side is just as bad, and useful/dishonest idiots like Starbuck help them do it. (don't forget, Starbuck doctored a news story to try and convince people liberals were to blame in Portland)

We have been putting this conflict off for years but I am personally scared to see what will happen if/when Trump loses and that reactionary mob has to face reality. I think it won't be pretty.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
And I agree with you that buying and displaying this shit is stupid beyond belief.

It reflects the sad state of American conservatism, mind you. There's a not-insignificant amount of conservatives who see Trump as less like a person and more like an infallible hero, a symbol, arguably like a god. They buy that merch because it reflects a mindless loyalty that's unfazed by actions or facts.

I'm really curious to know what will happen to Trump's fan apparel when he's out of office (hopefully this January). I'm sure some will wear it to their dying day, but I can't help but picture others trashing it out of embarrassment as their fervor for Trump subsides and they realize he'll be permanently remembered as a failure.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Not Incompetance. Just the meritocracy.
Whatever it takes to prevent from becoming the United States of Communism, Including 4 more years of Covid.
It is the same poster who believes his rural, sparsely populated area is completely self sufficient and needs nothing from "urban areas".
Hope he never needs to use a road. Or talk to any type of "authority" or elected official. Or use electricity. Or running water/sewage. Or know that the products he buys are 'safe'.

The disconnect from reality of these fucking idiots is amazing... :rolleyes:

Reactions: DarthKyrie

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Apparently the purpose of that conversation avoided you.
I consider all taxation legalized theft. I don't want more, I want it elimnated.

Ah, one of those simpletons who never matured beyond a sixth grade Ayn Rand phase. Some brains aren’t wired to think harder than that I guess.

Luckily most people understand that the US is the powerhouse it is today in huge part due to smart government investments (internet, universities, birthed the entire tech industry essentially) and especially our taxpayer funded military wiping out the Nazis, making room for 40 years of economic domination. I mean, isn’t it obvious that there’s a really, really high chance that we would have been wiped out and taken over multiple times by now by some nation with a big taxpayer funded military (Nazi Germany, Japan, Russia ...) if we were living in mud huts with some shitty volunteer militia? Yep, you have the right to speak your garbage third grade level English rather than German or Russian because some people 80 years ago were smarter than you and paid their taxes. Forget about the road networks enabling economic mobility that you obviously depend on. Why are libertardians always the most dependent on others tax money ...

Last edited:

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
I’m picturing Trump up on the White House roof, threatening to kill himself if people don’t give him a second term. Pointing a gun to his head yelling - “Stay back or the grifter gets it!” And Pence is right behind him, saying “No, Mr President, those people are all yelling ‘JuhTrump!’”

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Hope he never needs to use a road. Or talk to any type of "authority" or elected official. Or use electricity. Or running water/sewage. Or know that the products he buys are 'safe'.

The disconnect from reality of these fucking idiots is amazing... :rolleyes:
Why amazing? I would use the word profound. They are profoundly disconnected from reality, but what would you do in a situation where any deviation from the false notions of what is the good that was beaten into them would lead to feeling how worthless they were made to feel when brainwashed as children. Nothing amazing about the desperation they experienced while trying to stay alive or why they can't remember. We all went through it to different degrees. But I know what you mean. Denial can really be 'out there' at times. :)

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I’m picturing Trump up on the White House roof, threatening to kill himself if people don’t give him a second term. Pointing a gun to his head yelling - “Stay back or the grifter gets it!” And Pence is right behind him, saying “No, Mr President, those people are all yelling ‘JuhTrump!’”

He probably won't do that, but there is the concern that he'd take a scorched earth approach on his way out... "if I can't have it, no one can!"

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Perhaps you may have noted that I say the truth is always some third way, a resolution of opposites at a higher level of understanding. I am aware that it is egotistical to make that claim because it implies that I actually have that higher level of understanding. I forgive myself if I make that impression because I also believe that the truth itself always sounds a bit egotistical. It is our ego that is the problem and if the truth runs against any false notions we have of our own self worth, then the truth is going to be a problem assimilating. So rest assured that there has got to be some ways in which I hate the truth as much as you do.

That said, I see the indifference and contempt that liberals have for rural America and I see the contempt rural America who claim to be the real America has for the coastal communities. So in this small area at least, I think I see things the two opposites but also how they resolve as the same thing when view from a third perspective.

I know also that nobody likes being called a rube or a coastal elite. So what I see is that what we hate about the other is how the other makes us feel. And what is it the other causes us to feel but the disgust we feel when we are accused of being them. And the only reason that accusation carries weight with us is because we entered the battle already feeling it.

So the truth you run from is that you already feel yourself to be what liberals call you.