Prepping for post-election fallout?

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Andrew Yang has said two things in recent days that resonated strongly. One is the patronizing tendencies of Democrats. The other was that he empathized with why people voted for Trump, which Democrats should acknowledge.
So are you trying to say that we cannot say 'Because they were fucking retarded' anymore?

If so, let this be my moment to be an obstructive, contrarian American.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
He's been talking most recently about that vision & leadership thing you've been moaning about. Getting people to follow you is what leadership is all about, isn't it?

Yes it is. You’ll notice I haven’t criticized Biden as I did Hillary. He is rising to the moment. Sure there are things I don’t like about him, but he is surprisingly and undeniably leading his party forward, and it is good to see voices like Yang, which I admire, as part of the chorus.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
So are you trying to say that we cannot say 'Because they were fucking retarded' anymore?

If so, let this be my moment to be an obstructive, contrarian American.
No, I am simply agreeing with Yang. Say whatever you want. Don’t cry when those voters you patronize strike back with their vote.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
You don’t typically perform for the peanut gallery, but they seem amused by your post. Please continue.
You do realize that when people agree with those who disagree with you, it's not 'the peanut gallery' (hint, that's super patronizing), you're just in the minority opinion.

The vast, vast minority opinion in most cases.

Reactions: Pohemi

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
You do realize that when people agree with those who disagree with you, it's not 'the peanut gallery' (hint, that's super patronizing), you're just in the minority opinion.

The vast, vast minority opinion in most cases.
It doesn’t bother me to be in the minority opinion.

Passive aggressive ad hominems are not statements of opinion, it is playing to the peanut gallery, and those who like such posts are simply members of it.

At least when you disagree with me, you take the time to offer reasoning as to why.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and ch33zw1z

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
You deceptively edited a news article to remove content that disproved your argument.
That concept is as old as cherry picking the bible to better align with your biases*.

* biasis - politically correct term for hate, bigotry, misogynism, ignorance, and other character flaws.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
You don’t typically perform for the peanut gallery, but they seem amused by your post. Please continue.
Funny, not a single person from the so-called "peanut gallery" remarked on that particular post...or liked it...or laughed, etc. Diversionary tactics are so boring and obvious.

You try to fall back on sarcasm because you have nothing better to offer, and yet you have to put words in people's mouths to even do that...

Pathetic.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Yea cause you be VIP right?
HAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
Circle of three in village idiot tent today.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Funny, not a single person from the so-called "peanut gallery" remarked on that particular post...or liked it...or laughed, etc. Diversionary tactics are so boring and obvious.

You try to fall back on sarcasm because you have nothing better to offer, and yet you have to put words in people's mouths to even do that...

Pathetic.
Yea cause you be VIP right?
HAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
Circle of three in village idiot tent today.
Peanut gallery concerned, present and accounted for, lol

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Pathetic.

Starbuck is a conservative by nature. He leans on behavioral control methods to try and shame or embarrass others in order to make himself feel worth. He's shown multiple times to use logical fallacies that he himself derides, changes meanings of words on a whim, and struts around like his shit don't stink. Conservative all the way, doubt he even realizes this is what he's doing, as self awareness/reflection doesn't seem to be his cup of tea. I wouldn't worry about what he has to say too much.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Peanut gallery present and accounted for
You know the concept of a peanut gallery perfectly expresses and encompasses your concept of society and politics... how to the hell can I feel superior without inferior people to look down on. Am I right?
If only you had a mirror. You’d probably fail that test too....

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Starbuck is a conservative by nature. He leans on behavioral control methods to try and shame or embarrass others in order to make himself feel worth. He's shown multiple times to use logical fallacies that he himself derides, changes meanings of words on a whim, and struts around like his shit don't stink. Conservative all the way, doubt he even realizes this is what he's doing, as self awareness/reflection doesn't seem to be his cup of tea. I wouldn't worry about what he has to say too much.
Jfc only read your post after my own above... about the same message

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
You know the concept of a peanut gallery perfectly expresses and encompasses your concept of society and politics... how to the hell can I feel superior without inferior people to look down on. Am I right?
If only you had a mirror. You’d probably fail that test too....
Irony

• Haha

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Neither do you, cheers
I'm not strutting around acting like some kind of authority on current politics while lying or ignoring facts to make any kind of point.
I actually put you on ignore a long time ago but you keep shitting up threads, and other replies to you pique my morbid curiosity of what ridiculousness you're spouting.
Carry on. I know you will. :rolleyes:

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
What are your preparation plans for the reaction by the right wingnuts and trump syncopates post election.

What do you expect their reaction will be, and how riled up will trump make them. It would not surprise me if he advocated civil disobedience (at best) to burning down election boards (at worst). We know that he will become totally unhinged (more than he is now?). How unhinged will the trump syncopates become. Riots, looting, which will likely make it prudent to not venture out unnecessary. Vandalism of any thing with a Biden sign or bumper sticker.

I fear it is going to be ugly, and unlike anything this country has seen in its history, exceed the race riots and anti-war protests/riots of the 60's.

Are scared of people celebrating another 4 years of Trump? Don't worry. The last time he can run for President. The better question to you is your thoughts on Harris being President. If Biden wins, there is zero chance he finishes half his term. He will most likely resign early.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and ch33zw1z

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
IF Trump loses...and there is no doubt this is his election to lose, Biden won't win it:

I think a lot right-wingers will be back in a spot they enjoy, in a painful way--that of being oppressed by a Democrat. Gun sales went way up under Obama, the NRA was riding high. I imagine Fox and talk-radio do just fine when there is a Democrat in the office, as all the righties tune in to get their daily fear-driven teeth-gnashing.

I think Christians will be full of righteous anger because this is the time to take over the Supreme Court for decades. The ultimate goal of course being to outlaw abortion. My entire extended family is largely a one-issue voting block, this being it, although they also greatly fear illegals and antifa and gays and BLM too, and 100% support the police in all they do.

There will be angry militia types doing stuff, but they do that already.

I don't know anyone personally that supports Trump that I'd give more than the time of day to at this point, so I could give two shits how mad they might get. They are mad all the time anyway. They have their reality with their own facts, and I have mine, and we both think it's the only one. Ain't gonna change!

• Love
Reactions: TeeJay1952