[PCPER]NVIDIA Talks DX12, DX11 Efficiency Improvements

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SirPauly

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2009
Man they are so freaky. They absolutely have no limits. Look at y axis on second graph. Lol. Suddenly different from the first one. And ofcource no info about testing at swarm.

Should rename their site to nvper.com

Should this data not be offered?

This also caught my eye:

PCPerspective said:
NVIDIA claims that these fixes are not game specific and will improve performance and efficiency for a lot of GeForce users.

Last edited:

parvadomus

Dec 11, 2012
What it shows is AMD Dx is way sub-par . Nvidia there is in between AMD dx and mantle on low end cpus . Not sure driver version there .

NV optimizes performance per game, as it has shown in some slides. If AMD does the same, then its obvious that, for a game with 2 APIs, it will optimize for the best one.
Again MANTLE overhead is wayyy smaller than NV´s DX11

krumme

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2009
We have been over this before. Pclab.pl is always good for nv commercial and our native Polish speaking member Erenhardt have explained why. Way back october we knew they would give those bended resuls with mantle.

Tons of bs and pr from nv and yet they jump "dx12" wagon with impressive graphs showing radical improvement with "dx12". Looking from the graphs they provide for pcper and the bended paid junk from pclab one have to wonder how both is possible. Its magic.

Last edited:

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
We have been over this before. Pclab.pl is always good for nv commercial and our native Polish speaking member Erenhardt have explained why. Way back october we knew they would give those bended resuls with mantle.

Tons of bs and pr from nv and yet they jump "dx12" wagon with impressive graphs showing radical improvement with "dx12". Looking from the graphs they provide for pcper and the bended paid junk from pclab one have to wonder how both is possible. Its magic.

This is much better, right?

http://www.anandtech.com/portal/amd

I wonder where the DirectX 12 news is on Anandtech.

Erenhardt

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2012
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/news/amd-roy-taylor-directx12/
So, april 2013 there was no info about new dx. AMD didn't knew anything about it.

You want me to believe nvidia is working with MS on the new dx for 4 years now? Okey...

Even if AMD was informed about dx12 a day after that interview, that would put them more than 3 years behind nvidia in dx12 talks! How is that an open standard? If anything that looks like MS and NV shady co-lab.

But if you look at it from the perspective, there was no dx12 development until very recently. Mantle is getting momentum and what ms and nv are doing is damage control.

Running forza demo on i7-3930 and titan is hardly any achievement. This game runs 60fps on APU with mobile CPU-cores! How are we supposed to know if it is even dx12? How could it be if there is no features list for it yet?

But it is good to see some people changed their mind from "There is no dx overhead" to "nv will fix it, mantle sux"

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
Working Fermi? What does that mean, you don't expect Fermi to work? :confused:

It means that at the time, the demos being shown were running on Fermi hardware. Not the mock up in Jen Hsun's hand. As opposed to NTMBK's allusion that there were in fact no working Fermi products because of said mock up. And because desprado called AMD liars, NTMBK felt compelled to call Nvidia liars to. Tit for tat.
I know, I know.

Last edited:

SirPauly

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2009
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/news/amd-roy-taylor-directx12/
So, april 2013 there was no info about new dx. AMD didn't knew anything about it.

You want me to believe nvidia is working with MS on the new dx for 4 years now? Okey...

Even if AMD was informed about dx12 a day after that interview, that would put them more than 3 years behind nvidia in dx12 talks! How is that an open standard? If anything that looks like MS and NV shady co-lab.

But if you look at it from the perspective, there was no dx12 development until very recently. Mantle is getting momentum and what ms and nv are doing is damage control.

Running forza demo on i7-3930 and titan is hardly any achievement. This game runs 60fps on APU with mobile CPU-cores! How are we supposed to know if it is even dx12? How could it be if there is no features list for it yet?

But it is good to see some people changed their mind from "There is no dx overhead" to "nv will fix it, mantle sux"

In the article you offered:

Microsoft, for its part, denies Mr. Taylor’s earlier claim that DirectX is ending anytime soon.

Taking on DirectX and Microsoft may of been questionable on Mr Taylor's part!

thesmokingman

Platinum Member
May 6, 2010
10.jpg

If they are able to beat an 87% gain from using Mantle with just DX11...

I gotta ask, why the the hell do they need to adopt DX12 or even worry themselves over Mantle at all????

:whiste:

AnandThenMan

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2004
No that's not the question at all because no one cares. Anyway I think it's absolutely hilarious how all of a sudden D3D is the greatest thing ever invented. Well except DX12 is coming out to fix all that is wrong with it currently.

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
No that's not the question at all because no one cares. Anyway I think it's absolutely hilarious how all of a sudden D3D is the greatest thing ever invented. Well except DX12 is coming out to fix all that is wrong with it currently.

Yes, it's totally side-splitting funny.

thesmokingman

Platinum Member
May 6, 2010
Indeed! The question is why did AMD and Mr. Roy Taylor try to offer this illusion?

They realized that after trying to develop the metal api and the dev tools for Xbone that they suck at it and terribly so.

Time to bring in the ppl who know something about it. Hmm, I wonder who that could be? What's their track record... looks at PS4. Calls AMD, whatever you want. M$ goes all in, since from a marketing position they have already leveraged the DX12 name in the Xbone. Will anyone notice if they brought the silent partner whom they tried to deny existed, but was obvious from the start?

Spjut

Apr 9, 2011
Indeed! The question is why did AMD and Mr. Roy Taylor try to offer this illusion?

Why would anyone believe them in the first place?
Talking about future products too early can impact the sales of their current products.

Even now when DX12 is announced, we know very little of what new hardware dependant features there will be.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
It means that at the time, the demos being shown were running on Fermi hardware. Not the mock up in Jen Hsun's hand. As opposed to NTMBK's allusion that there were in fact no working Fermi products because of said mock up. And because desprado called AMD liars, NTMBK felt compelled to call Nvidia liars to. Tit for tat.
I know, I know.

JHH lied on stage. Go watch the announcement. He said, and I quote, "And now I have one sitting right here. This, ladies and gentleman, this puppy here, is Fermi." And then held up the Woodscrew Special. That is a flat out, bald faced lie. Yes, samples of Fermi did exist, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about JHH flat out lying on stage.

Anyway, I'll shut up about it as it doesn't have anything to do with the thread. It was indeed tit for tat, and I should have known better.

Enigmoid

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2012
The one thing that would be exciting would be some sort of acceleration extensions for the igp in either Mantle or DX12.

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008
Why so much attacking PC Per, you wanting get thread locked??

To be nice please.

It's important for us to know the history of a site before reading their article.

If I posted a "Mercedez Benz is the best car ever made" from MercedezBenzIsBest.com and then told every person on here to ignore the site and just read the review/accept it wouldn't that be unreasonable?

I'd rather know that a site has a long history of supporting xyz manufacturer before I read the review that way I can take it with a grain of salt.