Path of Exile 3.0 Discussion

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Next time you get the NPC girl, look near the bottom of the temple layout and it will tell you the number of incursions remaining before you get a temple portal.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Next time you get the NPC girl, look near the bottom of the temple layout and it will tell you the number of incursions remaining before you get a temple portal.

yeah - I must have totally missed that. Makes sense. I will obviously make sure to open the apex ASAP.

On a side note, when you have whatever room it is that allows you to corrupt a gem, don't choose your main attack gem. I did that and it turned my arc into a vaal arc. Was sorta SOL.
Though it did force me to buy a nicely corrupted lvl14 arc gem off the market for 1C :)

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I get all that - I just didn't know what was the trigger that actually opened the temple via the incursions. That's my real question.

There's a countdown at the bottom of the temple page when you talk to the Conquistador. It will tell you how many incursions you have left. I think it is indeed supposed to be 11 each time.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
yeah - I must have totally missed that. Makes sense. I will obviously make sure to open the apex ASAP.

On a side note, when you have whatever room it is that allows you to corrupt a gem, don't choose your main attack gem. I did that and it turned my arc into a vaal arc. Was sorta SOL.
Though it did force me to buy a nicely corrupted lvl14 arc gem off the market for 1C :)
Vaal gems give you the ability to use both the basic skill and the vaal skill now. The only real down side is that you won't be able to boost the gem quality.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Vaal gems give you the ability to use both the basic skill and the vaal skill now. The only real down side is that you won't be able to boost the gem quality.

I noticed that on Vaals that have dropped for me (hit the jackpot of quality vaals in a temple run actually)
I tried and it would not cast normal Arc.

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
I have no issues casting the regular version of any vaal gem so far. That is a cool feature of the vaal gems now. It works great.

Make sure you select the regular version for your skill bar though.

Reactions: Majes

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
I reached act 9 yesterday. Was level 55 so I decided to grind out to level 65 in Blood Aquaducts so I could switch to Righteous Fire and maybe pick up some Humility cards as well. Unfortunately I didn't get any cards (no idea how common they are, first time grinding a zone like that) but I'm really enjoying RF now. It's really fun running around and melting packs. Gameplay is a lot different than bows and totems which I usually play so I'm still getting used to it.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I reached act 9 yesterday. Was level 55 so I decided to grind out to level 65 in Blood Aquaducts so I could switch to Righteous Fire and maybe pick up some Humility cards as well. Unfortunately I didn't get any cards (no idea how common they are, first time grinding a zone like that) but I'm really enjoying RF now. It's really fun running around and melting packs. Gameplay is a lot different than bows and totems which I usually play so I'm still getting used to it.

They can be fairly rare. I've grinded about 5 temples from Blood Aqueduct so about 55 runs through and I think I have 6 cards. Luckily the cards only cost about 2 chaos each which isn't bad if you only need 2-3 cards.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

RF is always a build I wanted to try. It seems like the laziest build one could make and I'm all for that. :)

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
RF is always a build I wanted to try. It seems like the laziest build one could make and I'm all for that. :)
Lol yes. It kinda is lazy when you're killing easy mobs but on the other hand you do have to get right into the middle of things. Right now with my gear and level, I'm just balanced my regen and the degen from RF. So when I take damage, I need to use consec ground, pots, enduring cry, etc to heal back up :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Homerboy

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
So what are everyone's thoughts on the Temple?

There aren't many complaints on the forums right now so I'm assuming most people are enjoying it quite a bit. I'm not having much luck with it sadly. When I get good T3 rooms they drop nothing, and the poor T3 rooms drop less than nothing. I've also not really dropped anything from the boss.

Content wise it seems decent, but after 20+ runs with very little to show for it I'm not sure I'll be going out of my way to do many temples... (I also full clear every incursion and I've only had one recently that didn't let me path to the boss)

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I haven't played enough to really come to any conclusion yet. Most of the reddit posts seem oriented around the T3 double corrupt and unique swap. Neither of which I've been able to roll yet on my limited play.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I haven't' gotten much good from the temples yet either to be honest. Though I'm only level around lvl 65 or so and in Act 8. I still find them fun though.
I dunno if it's just early on, but man is Arc Totem OP. I have 4 totems now and it just melts the mops and even bosses down. Need to bump up my life some and once I get an essence worm and run 1+ Clear Minds I can't imagine the damage.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
It will be good end game. Since you brought up leveling speed, any build can level to 65 in 5 hours pretty comfortably. Just do something like brightbeak + sunder and then slap flat elemental damage gems on it. Stuff like added cold, added lightning, anger or wrath. Then you use leap slam / shield charge with faster attacks linked. You fly through the game.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
The temple has been pretty good to me so far and then the space ship decides to drop this

6vMf0P9.jpg

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
NIceee. Personally I haven't gotten anything worth selling out of it yet, but I only just finished the T4 maps yesterday. I like doing the temples but it's really tiring, I don't clear the low zones, just rush to the tier 2/3 rooms and the boss.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I was watching my xp bar while doing a T9 temple and the temple mobs definitely have reduced xp compared to map mobs. So I just run through like you do.

The map room will prove to be worth while as so far I've noticed it drops quite a few maps close to the level of the temple. It still only drops maps that you've unlocked. It would have been nice for progression if it just dropped a random map of the tier it selected.

The valuable item room is junk. You basically get a crafting magic item where the stats are only good on few select bases but it can drop on any base as far as I can tell.

The gem room is good but if you don't have a 20/20 or at least a 19/20 gem I think it's better to try and sell the corrupt.

The breach room is good but with this room you can really get a feel for the breach item nerf they mentioned.

The sacrifice unique and corrupt item room are both really good but only if you get T3 versions.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Unfortunately it's hard for me to do the t3 corruption because my RF build can't handle the resistance penalty that comes with the room.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Been having even more trouble usual trying to get listings to respond on poe.trade. So I've been trying to use the official path of exile trade website (didn't even know there was one until a few days ago) but I hate their interface.

Also, I like running the incursions much more than the temples. In temples, I get bored just getting to the good rooms.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
The API has been super laggy. Unless you're buying a multi exalt item, there are chances the item has been sold and hasn't been updated. Which means the seller isn't responding because they don't have it.

What I do when I want something is just search for it and then immediately do a live search for the item. That way you only see the fresh items listed after you start your search. This has worked much better and I get a response nearly all the time, even if it's a sold response.

In regards to the Temple, I don't mind it at this point. I think it does feel a bit repetitive as it is essentially the same level over and over. Now that I'm pushing tier 12-14 temples I do full clears. I clear fast but I mainly do it as I walk out with some extra red maps.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
yeah poe.trade was hours behind. It sucked. I don't mind the new "official" website for trading - just takes a little getting used to though.
I really hate trying to buy maps that I'm missing though. Painfully annoying. I can spam 10 people for 1 map (though sometimes it's 2 people that I spam 5 times as each map lists separately and I didn't realize it was the the same seller) and NOBODY responds. So here I sit unable to advance my atlas. Just dumb.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I do have a couple of dumb questions:

A) does the incursion drop better items if you actually go through the portal before the time reaches 0 secs? Or does it just matter if you clear the whole room and then can wait for the timer to count down. Also - they really need to add a "X monsters left" instead of just guessing/hoping
B) I use the nerversink filter, and sometimes the space ship drops "red" labeled items. What makes these more special?
C) For the love of God I can not get my resistances up high enough. It's really starting to bug me

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
A.) Not that I've seen or know of

B.) The items have special affixes that can only drop from the the ship or you can get 1 of them on a blue item from the powerful item rooms. Here is a link and they are down the list a little bit: http://poedb.tw/us/article.php?id=Incursion

C.) Try what I said for items or maps on trade. Search what you want then immediately setup a live search. That way everything you see if fresh. It cuts down on the problem.