Path of Exile 3.0 Discussion

Page 14 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Looks fine to me. Anyone want to speculate at the rate we will find these portals?

I believe once in every zone starting at mud flats. The incursion zone is a part of every regular zone so there is no loading time. Map mods apply to the temple zones. There are eleven rooms I think and then you get to enter the temple in the present time.

GGG said it was a limitation of the game engine that zones with elder guardians, master missions with sub areas, trials, etc could never spawn Abyssal depths. So now they've added Incursion just as an extension to the regular zone to bypass that limitation most likely.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Every zone is going to be a lot! I expect people will complete this league pretty quickly.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
An exalt dropped for me in the Flashback league. I won't be using it-I've reached maps and aren't up to the frustration of rebuilding an atlas for a short term game and I don't care for the character I built. Anyone who wants it message me here and let me know when the best time to get together to swap it is.

Flashback was pretty rich for me-ending up getting nine chaos using my perandus coins in the first couple of acts.

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
I was going to run the flashback but haven't had the time. I play standard myself but the next league might get me to start a fresh char.

I have three characters in maps (Level 80 Necromancer SRS build, Level 70 Assassin Blade Vortex build, and level 73 Tornado shot raider build)

The SRS build is the easiest to solo with but the clear speed of the Tornado shot raider is crazy and the amount of damage the Blade Vortex build does is staggering. Clearing entire packs within a second or two is something special.

I actually find getting to maps to be the fun part. Working my way up to maps, figuring out the gear, obtaining the gear is what i love about this game. Maps IMO tends to be a bit boring for me. I'm heading towards 400 hours in game and just recently started getting burnt out a bit. Been taking a break this week but plan to get back in over the weekend.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
If you have 400 hours in the game and your highest level toon is 80 then you just enjoy different aspects of the game then other people. Nothing wrong with that. If you feel a down swing in enjoyment as you gain levels then you're build is probably stalling out somewhere. Either gear or passive tree.

Reactions: WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
@rstrohkirch

I'm not at 400 hours yet. I am heading towards 400 but im like mid 300 hours in.
I have 6 characters. Level range from 17 to 80. I enjoy figuring out builds & gear, tweaking the tree and trading. So yeah my fun factor is there for sure but you are correct. I have not stalled out on any character yet. I mean I have had builds that were not working out but over a couple of days I can respec the tree and get going again. The three main builds I run plow through everything so far. Like no real challenge at all except for some bosses in maps.

What also slows me down is I play with two friends and we only play Friday and Saturday nights and that is the only time I run maps...per their request. I play more often than them so I tend to out pace them quickly so then I start a new character just to pass the time while I wait for them to log on. My shadow was one of those builds. In a few days I again caught up to my two friends level in game.

I spend way too much time trading. I have made a lot of orbs and bought some very good gear. I love the haggle. It's a blast.

Last edited:

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Logged onto bestiary today to organize my tabs so I have less clutter in standard and... to see my bestiary for the first time:) Also decided to use the atlar to use up all my good recipes because it looks like the aspect items have really gone up in value for now. I killed all the bosses to grab them while I could. No plans to sell for now, i'll just let em sit in standard..

No idea what I'm going to play in Incursion yet.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
They've buffed so many skills now it's going to be very hard to choose what to play...

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I haven't kept up on any of this. I already have little time for games during the summer and with all the changes I'm not sure I want to put the effort in right now. Glancing through the notes I did see the post about their majority stake being sold. The entire post can be summarized as nothing will change but I can't say I really believe that. =]

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I haven't kept up on any of this. I already have little time for games during the summer and with all the changes I'm not sure I want to put the effort in right now. Glancing through the notes I did see the post about their majority stake being sold. The entire post can be summarized as nothing will change but I can't say I really believe that. =]

I wouldn't expect to see any changes for about a year. It would take a significant drop in income for Tencent to start pulling strings, and with Chris still in charge I think PoE will stay healthy for the time being. A few years down the line though I definitely see P2W practices in our future...

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I agree with you. I feel they'll wait a bit and then start to implement changes on a small scale at the beginning.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I know nothing about Tencent but from the channel discussion in game the general view is decided not positive. The last online game I really liked got folded about six months after a big company bought them out. Hopefully history will not repeat itself here.

In any event we had quite a good multiple year ride with GGG. I'll give the new season a try but real life will be decidedly interfering with my available time this go around. If they start pushing pay to play I'll be gone.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Patch notes are live.

Basically we're murdering architects and poor workers in the past so that we can get better loot in the future lol.

Some new vaal skills. Lots of new traps.

Lots of rebalance of gems.

Some things that stood out to me:

Added 39 new Labyrinth Enchantments for existing skills, and 43 for new skills. Even harder to get the enchantment you want without trading.

World and Map areas can now have multiple sub-areas. This means you can now, for example, find a Zana mission in the same map as a Labyrinth trial, Abyssal Depths, or an Elder Guardian.

The 5-for-1 magic or rare vendor recipe no longer maintains Shaper/Elder item status.

Added a new feature - Always Attack Without Moving

Once you have completed 20 maps while the Elder and its guardians are on your atlas without actually defeating any of them, there is a chance for the Elder and its guardians to disappear and remove the Elder-influence from the maps they were on. This will make it difficult to maintain an "Elder Ring", but will also allow players who weren't capable of defeating the Elder or its guardians to clear them from their atlas.

Shaper memory fragments XI through to XV no longer require you to defeat the Elder or its guardians in specific map tiers. Instead, defeating each guardian and the elder within ANY red-tier map will get you one of these fragments.

Breach back for Zana 8 but Breach drops from normal and magic monsters are now nerfed.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Looks like they also updated all the ground effects to have better performance like they did with burning ground....finally. Also looks like they did the same to a few skills that got out of control with projectiles like molten strike. That thing was a slide show at end game with ancestral call.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Very interesting that there are little to no nerfs this league. Do you think Path of Nerfs is gone for good? Or will we see it return in the future?

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
They'll nerf next round. There will be several skills/items that need to be toned down without fail. They're adding almost 40 lab enchants, over 40 uniques, new skills and tons of skill reworks

I also didn't notice this the first read through but:

Added new corrupted implicits which can appear on items corrupted by Vaal orbs, bringing the total to approximately 176. Many of the old implicits were buffed or moved to different items, and some were disabled. Generally, corrupted implicits are now more powerful on average.

The Vaal skill change where you can't gain souls for x seconds is eh for a couple of popular skills like Vaal Haste / Grace. Can't spam Haste anymore if you clear fast.

Last edited:

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
The upside is that for the average geared characters (those not obliterating bosses in seconds), you'll be able to use vaal skills multiple times during boss fights. Don't think I'll use them personally unless there is one that ends up being broken.

Any builds planned yet? Path of Building is already patched for 3.3.. so fast! I don't know what I'm doing except that I won't be going ranger/scion/bow/MF this league.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I hate when a new league starts and I have virtually no free time to play it. Have fun everyone. Hopefully this is a crappy league that I miss out on :)

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I hate when a new league starts and I have virtually no free time to play it. Have fun everyone. Hopefully this is a crappy league that I miss out on :)
I've cleared most of this weekend. Ill play about 8-10 hours tonight. Then I'm busy in the morning but I'll fit about 10 hours in Saturday and another 10 after church on Sunday. Hopefully 30 hours this weekend. If it's as good as Bestiary was I'll have a solid month in a half of good, hard, play.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I've cleared most of this weekend. Ill play about 8-10 hours tonight. Then I'm busy in the morning but I'll fit about 10 hours in Saturday and another 10 after church on Sunday. Hopefully 30 hours this weekend. If it's as good as Bestiary was I'll have a solid month in a half of good, hard, play.

Well if I find any free time I might fire up a nice totem build :)
Won't get far I'm sure, but always fun just to play.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Patch downloaded. Build selected. Loot filter updated. Trade Macro updated. Now comes the hardest part, selecting a character name.

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000

I am gonna have to have a chat with your pastor... :)

Reactions: Majes

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
One thing I don't get thus far is exactly when does the temple become available? I thought it was when you gained access/a path to the apex of the temple itself. But I just ran one and had no way to get to the apex/final boss.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
You get something like 11 incursions before you get a temple portal. You need to make sure you are opening paths during those incursions to access other rooms in the temple. If you don't kill fast enough or make it to a door fast enough you can get a temple portal without pathing to the apex. You also generally want to kill the mini boss in each room incursion to upgrade the room.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
You get something like 11 incursions before you get a temple portal. You need to make sure you are opening paths during those incursions to access other rooms in the temple. If you don't kill fast enough or make it to a door fast enough you can get a temple portal without pathing to the apex. You also generally want to kill the mini boss in each room incursion to upgrade the room.

I get all that - I just didn't know what was the trigger that actually opened the temple via the incursions. That's my real question.