Path of Exile 3.0 Discussion

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Thanks for all the stuff. I grabbed some maps and sextants-I'm slowly working my way towards the 1500 encumbered maps achievement. My problem is I cannot walk away from a map unless it is fully cleared (I'll allow roughly 15 survivors maximum) but I'm getting there. Just passed the 500 map line, but working on a new character now as a diversion.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
I also stopped playing around two weeks back. I'll come back though since I want to get my 24 achievements. I think 24 should be easy to get with my current gear and char, just will need to grind a bit for a few.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Well that was quick. Someone grabbed all the currency and most of the reds. =]

Anyway, I put the last of my red maps in.

Last edited:

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I'm still playing pretty hard. Got to 94 on my frost blades character, and crafted Aspect of the Cat onto my ring. Doesn't really buff my character much, but it was worth a try.

I'll try to knock out some challenges this weekend. I've run over 800 burial chambers and I've only dropped one Doctor Card. I've also dropped no exalts, no divines, and one annulment orb in those maps. Not really sure what the deal is with all of that but I doubt I'll run this Atlas set up next league. It just hasn't been worth it.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Got my third character up to map level, is Lifting's lead pipe sprinkler (doing the chieftain version). Cannibalized one of my other characters for equipment. Fun character so far. Also got all my masters to level 8-broke down and did the daily group thing, was fun once I got the hang of it.

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Anyone downed Uber Elder? or Shaper this season? I have not focused on any achievements, but I think I can bang out another 10. Pretty happy with my custom character build I made. 6K health, crit immune, bleed immune, poison immune, shock immune, frozen immune, stun immune. Can face tank almost anything, and path of building DPS is around 300-350K. Definitely low, but mainly because it is a defensive RT build with like 60K armor. I also want to try making an aura bot one of these days...

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I've done everything but Uber elder. I was thinking of using the trick where someone else opens the map for you to get my 15th fragment but if I finish the quest line then I'll get another totem piece. Sounds silly but 37/40 totem looks unfinished compared to 34/40 and no way am I'm grinding 40/40. I've done all challenges myself except I bought 5 of the Perandus chests

My Shaper DPS is around 1-1.2m per projectile and mapping DPS is around 1.6-1.8m per projectile. My PoB link if you care: https://pastebin.com/twT3phKS

Last edited:

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
I've done everything but Uber elder. I was thinking of using the trick where someone else opens the map for you to get my 15th fragment but if I finish the quest line then I'll get another totem piece. Sounds silly but 37/40 totem looks unfinished compared to 34/40 and no way am I'm grinding 40/40. I've done all challenges myself except I bought 5 of the Perandus chests

My Shaper DPS is around 1-1.2m per projectile and mapping DPS is around 1.6-1.8m per projectile. My PoB link if you care: https://pastebin.com/twT3phKS

Looks interesting. Is there any links on the type of build that is? I'd be curious to know what makes it work. I don't have the time ATM to sift through and see the synergies.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I got the RNG story of the ages. I was running afflicted maps (or whatever you call them) with a Zana perandus mod on them to try to get my achievements. On what was my last run (got my tenth Perandus coffer) I see Cadiro and amble over to see what he is offering- The Perandus Manor unique map. I had just enough coins to grab it, so I'm now the proud owner of a unique map that sells for roughly 3.5 exalts.

I don't need the currency and am thinking of getting a group together to give this thing a run through. Anyone interested? I'm on most early evenings (US eastern time) until roughly 9 PM, won't be on tonight.

Now if only I could get those RNG gods to six link the weapon I've been working on. Roughly 850 fusings to date. Have hit five links more than a dozen times, but no jackpot yet.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
I wasted 2k+ fusings on a Windripper... shoud've just bought one lol.

rstrohkirch Are you still hosting a map party tonight? I might be able to play.

Edit: Well that was a lot of fun! I just stayed behind you and tried to keep myself alive lol. Kept getting 1 hit killed by the bosses. It was hard to avoid them with all the spell effects. Those three exalt drops were crazy.

Last edited:

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I'm sorry, I didn't check this thread before I started. I did host one and I just finished it. It went much better then I expected. I did invite one person from the guild that was online, which could of been you? Not sure who they are on here.

I put all my personal gear in the stash as well.

Last edited:

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Haha did you still have gear left? You bricked your amulet and armor. Your gear must be crazy, too bad my build is completely different or I would use it :)

Edit: Yes that was me :)

Last edited:

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I dumped everything into the first page. My guy is naked now. =]

Not sure if you noticed it but a 4th exalt dropped in the beach head map. It dropped for the Aura guy when he was next to me.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
May Flashback event starts tomorrow.

Link

Summary:
Month long event. Not voided. Any achievements count towards Bestiary league.
Prizes: Reach level 35 to get a Mystery box. Plus other stuff.
Three random mods on each zone, mods change every hour. Beastiary mod as well on each zone. So total four mods.
  • 2 x additional Rogue Exiles
  • 2 x additional Invasion Bosses
  • 1 x additional Breach
  • 2 x additional Strongboxes
  • 3 x Tormented Spirits
  • 2 x additional Perandus Chests and a 33% chance to spawn Cadiro
  • Beyond
  • 3 x additional Rare Monster Packs with Nemesis Mods
  • 3 x additional Magic Monster Packs with Bloodlines
  • 1 additional Abyss
  • 2 x additional Harbingers

I was waiting for next league but I'll definitely play this event at least to get the mystery box. That should only take one session.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Ill play some. I have a pretty busy weekend, but I'll grab some levels next week and if I'm having fun I'll see it through to the next league.

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
I think they made a huge mistake with the flashback league. Don't get me wrong, it is/was fun, but there is no way I am going to enjoy a regular league after this.

What they *should* have done, is make it a "real" flashback league and remove Abyss, Breach, Essence, and then left the others. I mean, the reasoning is simple, those other ones never made it to standard. Therefore they are "special" and interesting... But leaving in all the rest of the stuff we have played mindless for the first 2/3rd of the season... No. No thanks. Bad move and because of this, I doubt I'll be interested in the next season. I mean, once you have 2-3 events type deals per map, it makes it almost impossible to go back to the slow pace of a regular season.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I think they made a huge mistake with the flashback league. Don't get me wrong, it is/was fun, but there is no way I am going to enjoy a regular league after this.

What they *should* have done, is make it a "real" flashback league and remove Abyss, Breach, Essence, and then left the others. I mean, the reasoning is simple, those other ones never made it to standard. Therefore they are "special" and interesting... But leaving in all the rest of the stuff we have played mindless for the first 2/3rd of the season... No. No thanks. Bad move and because of this, I doubt I'll be interested in the next season. I mean, once you have 2-3 events type deals per map, it makes it almost impossible to go back to the slow pace of a regular season.

Don't really agree with this. After all we've had many, many flashback type leagues in the past, including Legacy and I've always been more than pumped for the following league. Completely new content generally trumps old content, even if the old stuff is awesome and plentiful.

I can understand burnout though. I played so much Bestiary, that when I started flashback I just really couldnt generate much interest. I'll close out level 35 this weekend, but I doubt Ill play more than that.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Flashback is definitely a lot of fun. Had only planned to get level 35 but I'm already at act 6. Levelling is so fast and I've just been running through the zones. Been a little busy so couldn't play as much as I wanted too.

Also, in other news, GGG has announced that Bestiary will NOT be added in any way to the base game outside of perhaps some special events, for the foreseeable future anyways.

Reactions: Thump553

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Haven't played Flashback at all yet. My obsession with Bestiary has been to complete the 1500 augmented map challenge. I'm about 1420 now. Until about 1200 I had a personal rule that I had to fully clear every map (could leave up to 25 monsters) but after running the same low level maps way too many times I'm now just pushing through them. Fortunately I had the foresight to buy lots of sextants before Flashback started because it's just about impossible to trade for anything in Bestiary now.

On the positive side, there are a surprising number of people left in Bestiary and they seem to be mostly adults. The online chat channels are remarkably better now. It's probably just a coincidence, but my RNG is much better now. I just had two six links drop in the same game, which probably brings my total 6L drops lifetime up to maybe a half dozen. Both were decent but the sextant settings made them corrupted with somewhat strange socket colors.

PS-you will note I liked the message above. I hate the beast system-at least half my deaths have been the result of trying to make a capture. Now if only GGG would restore the map drop system to what it used to be. I solo almost exclusively and find it next to impossible to build or maintain a map pool on my own.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I enjoy flashback leagues in general but I play leagues for the challenges/free mtx/totem. Since the league shares the same challenges I don't really have anything to play for except the toon level to get added to the drawings. I'm 80 right now and will probably hit 85 then stop playing.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Looks fine to me. Anyone want to speculate at the rate we will find these portals?