Path of Exile 3.0 Discussion

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
It goes up to around 70-75c to 1ex and hovers up there give or take 5c. At this point I wouldn't covert unless you're trying to buy something listed in ex.

Reactions: Vivendi

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Dropped my first Doctor card this weekend. Immediately sold it to buy a 6-link Belly. Dumping tons of fusings into a chest still feels bad. I love gambling but when I hit my dry streaks it makes the game absolutely miserable.

I'll try to farm another card this week. I'm hearing it drops every 300-500 maps and I got mine about 200 maps in.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I'll put more yellow maps in.
I for one, really appreciate it> My map drops have been really horrendous this league. Level 86 and just starting to get into tier 10-and I wouldn't be there without your generosity and a whole lot of purchased maps. I think GGG really has to do something to improve map drops, this system stinks.

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
Yeah, I also appreciate that you're putting maps in the guild bank. My atlas is at 38 and I'm getting so few yellow maps I'd still be doing tier 1-3 if it wasn't for you guys.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Nice
What's your next big purchase?

I want to do a Crab armor Juggernaut build next. I've been slowly leveling the character and trying to link the chest that I dropped. Once I link it Ill really push to complete the character, and I'll use some currency for that.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Dropped my first Doctor card this weekend. Immediately sold it to buy a 6-link Belly. Dumping tons of fusings into a chest still feels bad. I love gambling but when I hit my dry streaks it makes the game absolutely miserable.

I'll try to farm another card this week. I'm hearing it drops every 300-500 maps and I got mine about 200 maps in.

Where did the Doctor drop? Spider forest or Burial chambers?

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Yesterday I grabbed all the unidentfied magic maps in my stash and ran those unided, lots of loot from those. I just unlink my Tornado shot and fire a test shot at the first mob I see, if it's elemental reflect, I portal out.

Why? What purpose for not IDing?

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Why? What purpose for not IDing?

You get a +30% bonus to quantity when you run a map unidentified. So running a blue map unidentified provides roughly the same quantity bonus as an average identified rare map.

This bonus also applies to maps you corrupt and turn unidentified. When you corrupt a map and it turns unidentified it does not change any of the mods on the map so as long as you were happy with the map mods to begin with you just got a free 30% quantity bonus to the map.

Reactions: Vivendi

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
Any value in keeping duplicate unique items of low value? I'm talking under a chaos value, some much less... is the 5 to 1 trade prophecy useful to replace these with something higher?

I did notice you can use the menagerie 'replace a unique with another' on unique gems so that's not a bad way to gamble them away.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
I think it's best just to vendor them. Do check the rolls on them though because about a week ago, I sold a junk unique for 18 chaos because the rolls were perfect.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I think I'm going to host a red map party for a few hours tonight starting roughly around 7pm eastern. If you want in then please msg me and I'll make room in the party for you.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Why I don't buy lottery tickets-

For the last three leagues I've been trying to chance sorcerer boots to get the unique. This league I expanded my efforts to gold amulets because they take less room in inventory and chance orbs have been pretty sparse for me. For kicks I've been keeping records. Today my dream came true after 1459 tries I got a unique amulet. My fingers trembling, I ID'd it-an Ignomon, worth about one alk. Roughly 175 chaos worth of chances used in the effort-not the best rate of return.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Almost done with the league. Have my 34 challenges for the trophy and decided I'm not going to spend all day trying to spawn elder on T15 to finish up memory question for uber elder. I'll finish up my 8mod challenge and kill shaper again for the anomalies challenge and that will get me my portal mtx. I'l let everyone know when I put all my stuff in the stash again.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I'm not sure if I want to go for 36 or not. I made my crab juggernaut this weekend so I should be able to do pretty much all content shortly. I've completed 600ish of the influenced maps, and I have a super fast frost blades character so I can knock out that challenge pretty easily.

I just don't know if I want to put the time in again. The last time I did it was over summer when I could put in a full work weeks worth of play. This time of year I'm lucky if I can play all day on a Saturday.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
You could always just convert all your currency near the point your about to quit and just buy any remaining challenges. In a few hours and 200c you could probably get 5-6 of the later challenges and get your portal mtx.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Chayula was kind to me last night. Killed him twice and got a blessing both times.

I think I may do another red map party tonight as long as the wife doesn't want to do anything. Probably around 7pm eastern time.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Red map party sounds good, I should be able to be around this time. Just barely getting into reds, but I bought a half dozen or so this morning.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Hit 36 so winding down. I consolidated most of my extra currency to exalts and will be messaging the 4 to 5 people still playing. Giving out 4ex per member.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Guess everyone is done playing? =]

I've hoped on a few times here and there to try and give some exalts away and no one is online. So I just put half a tab of tier 11/12 maps in, 10 exalts and a bunch of other currency into tab 2. Please be fair =] .

I still have over 1000c outside of the exalts so I think I'm going to blow it all on a super awesome party on Friday the 20th. I put together a list and it would be something like this and bought everything already:

putrid cloister
twilight temple
pale court set
shaper set
4 main breach stones
mao kun
1 of each guardian map
monstrous treasure prophecy
all 4 portal beasts
the beachhead
perandus manor
red elder
uber atziri

Should be lots of fun and lots of deaths =]

Last edited:

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
I assume it was you who contacted me Saturday morning? I don't need any exalts as I'm done playing for now* but I appreciate all you're doing for us!

*I pre-ordered Battletech and installed Elder Scrolls Online to give it another shot over the weekend.