Path of Exile 3.0 Discussion

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Well I had lots of fun on your last party even though I couldn't stay for all of it. I'll definitely try to join the party this time as well.

So how did you like the league. I enjoyed the incursions a lot more than the temples personally. Maybe if the temple boss fight wasn't a snoozefest...

I've only been doing the Zana and Vorici dailies mostly, and maybe 3-4 maps a day. So it's going pretty slow for me, only just buying the t9 maps today to finish up that tier. I love the incursions but for some reason I'm having Latency issues this league. Wish ̶G̶G̶G̶ Tencent had a server in Toronto or Vancouver or even in northern US so I could get better ping.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I enjoyed it more than the last league. Overall the incursions and temple just felt like currency buffers. The temple is crappy at the start but once you get to red maps and a decent atlas completion bonus then the temple can be pretty profitable. I personally had zero luck on any of the special chambers. I bricked my weapon twice on that thing, got no good uniques from sacrifices and ended up only getting 1 good gem corrupt. The drops from the chest rooms/map room were the best for me. I was thinking of buying the alter in trade and trying for double corrupt on my gear after the map party. But I'd rather just liquid everything and put the currency in the stash. With my luck I'll brick all my stuff and turn 20ex into 1 chaos.

What gateway are you using? I had some problems with the Washington DC server that started last league. I've been using the Texas server since then and it's been much better for ping consistency.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
I enjoyed it more than the last league. ...
I guess anything that followed Bestiary was better :)

What gateway are you using? I had some problems with the Washington DC server that started last league. I've been using the Texas server since then and it's been much better for ping consistency.

Yep I've been playing on Washington DC... :) I'm going to try Texas next time I play and see how it goes.

prto

Jul 2, 2018
When I was younger I play D3 hard. But POE is just awesome for me. This hardcore mode is Insane and one bad move can be very expensive :D

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I put all my red maps and lesser currency in the stash. I have about 32ex that I need to divide up and give to a few people. I'll periodically check to see if those people are online.

Party went well. Only cycled 3 people in 3 hours. Got Uber Atziri down to 30% life with just me and 1 other guy in a 6 person party. Shaper, we made it to phase 2 like most times but it gets screwy with all the vortex placements from other players. Chayula was a success like usual and was nice enough to drop a blessing. I had to do the last phase of Red Elder by myself as everyone else died. I didn't even know he starts going crazy with his attacks because the fight has never lasted that long for me in the past.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
WTH. I SWEAR I was on Friday night. No party :(
Damn it missed all the fun (and loot!)

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
WTH. I SWEAR I was on Friday night. No party :(
Damn it missed all the fun (and loot!)

I sent 3 messages to you, about one every 30min after you logged on to see if you wanted in. I saw you logged in around 9pm ish my time. I was going to kick someone to let you in but you never responded. :(
I guess I should have just sent a party invite.

I still need to catch you in game as I have some exalts to give you.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Unfortunately I missed it as well. I had some sudden work come up, took up my whole evening. Well I really had fun in the bestiary league :), maybe next league :).

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
Sounds like a fun run. One of these days i should group up with some of you. I play solo most days and Friday and Saturday nights I run with my guild (two buddies) but it would be cool to run with a full party once in awhile.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I haven't been able to catch you guys online so I just put 25ex in the stash along with a couple hundred chaos and the rest of my gear that is worth another 7-8ex. Hopefully that should help you guys get any 6 links or whatever else you need.

Reactions: Homerboy

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I sent 3 messages to you, about one every 30min after you logged on to see if you wanted in. I saw you logged in around 9pm ish my time. I was going to kick someone to let you in but you never responded. :(
I guess I should have just sent a party invite.

I still need to catch you in game as I have some exalts to give you.

Hmm I did not see a single message (obviously) That is very weird.
I haven't played since (or checked this thread either). I was thinking about jumping online this past weekend, but it was too nice out. Maybe some night this week just to wrap up a few challenges. Hoopefully there are some exalts left >:)

Regardless, as always, thanks for all the help and tutelage @rstrohkirch !

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I'll just send a party invite next time. Though the party improvements they mentioned for 3.3x should be coming before next league which is going to help things.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I'll just send a party invite next time. Though the party improvements they mentioned for 3.3x should be coming before next league which is going to help things.

I have to see when/where the next league is taking place. And pick out a new (totem) build :p

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
So frustrating when you get killed when in the middle of a click of a group of mobs or something and the next click happens to click on the "revive in town" or whatever wording that has instead of the one that would revive you right near where you died. They really need to change that click box to have the options be separated by more than they are or maybe in separate parts of the UI or something instead of a hoverbox. I had to walk away from the game last night because of that horrible UI implementation where I accidently clicked the town option. Walked into a room, got nailed almost immediately, and while in the middle of a click, the text box popped up and I clicked it. GRR. Now I have about a 40 minute walk/fight ahead of me just to get back to where I died.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Same way I became leader. As I recall Homer hit the wrong button & accidentally quit the league-instant overthrow. Good luck.

BTW I'm now playing SSF which is a lot more enjoyable to me personally. You can share stuff within your SSF characters so as I find interesting stuff I start a new character to try it out. Plus I go at old man speed without concern as to going a fraction of the speed of everyone else.

The downside-chaos (which seem to be dropping like mad for me) and exalts mean very little. You always could start a special character, put the chaos/exalts/etc. in their inventory and export that character to regular standard or league.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
I saw the next league announcement today. Path of Exile 3.4: Delve.

I didn't have time yet to watch the full video but it looks like PoE finally gets its first endless dungeon.

I quit Incursion like a month ago, I got bored of it extremely fast. I thought it would be fun but I quickly got tired of doing temples and was skipping them unless I got good tier 3 rooms. So I decided to just stop playing PoE until next league.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Yeah new league looks intriguing for sure. Not sure how the limited light thing is going to work and that you have to keep moving along with it. Seems like that might get annoying. I don't always like to rush through areas. Gotta find the next totem build! :p

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
I believe the cart slows and speeds up depending upon whether if you're behind or in front of it.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
As probably everyone guessed already, we can only get fuel to do delve from outside it, so mapping is still required.

I don't why GGG even mentions things like Reliquary Keys as a league feature. They're so rare that they might as well not even exist for casual players like me.

Gotta find the next totem build! :p

GGG said:
How does darkness affect minions and totems?
It does not.

There you go :)