Path of Exile 3.0 Discussion

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Unless I'm reading the answer on the Reliquary Keys wrong, they're going to be different than last time. Instead of being previous versions of a item, they're just chromed up versions of current stat past league uniques that can't drop. The same ones you'd have to load up a Zana mod or turn in div cards for.

I still have a couple of the previous keys in standard I never turned in. I should find those and do that. I forgot until you mentioned them.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
No you're right. Delve league keys won't be as good as legacy ones, but they're even more rare than legacy keys.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Ok POE geniuses... any suggestions for a "cheap" and easy to play Marauder or Shadow for Delve? Those are 2 classes I really have not played much so I figure I may as well give them a shot. Pretty sick of the Templar (those totems though...).

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I would aim towards the shadow. Traps and mines are currently very very strong for the investment in gear. They are also that more remote game play style that you like. If you want to play marauder then toss out a budget and I can link a few builds.

I usually wait till league patch notes before I pick a build but have a couple in mind before they drop.

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I'd have thought traps would be expensive since lots of people are playing them? Supply and demand situation.
I'd do a shadow trapper if it's decently priced and easy/fun to play.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
They keep posting about the new additions to the item filter. I personally hope they follow through on the party improvements they mentioned 2 months ago and nothing since.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
They keep posting about the new additions to the item filter. I personally hope they follow through on the party improvements they mentioned 2 months ago and nothing since.

Yeah the filter improvements are (visually) pretty cool. Though, I guess never saw too many issues with the current filtering system and how it operated. I usually just grabbed Neversinks and (maybe) made some tweaks along the way.

What were the party changes they announced?

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Instant casting of certain skills: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2199862

Zana quest lined cleaned up with better progression reward and a new random yet free map bonus called Shaper's Stronghold: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2199849

I'll never go deep enough to benefit from Zana's quest-line improvements. I think I've gotten to T8 orb and that's it.
Instant cast is interesting... but I will let bigger brains than me figure out how to take advantage of it. :p

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
I'm looking forward to coming back but as usual I'll no doubt screw up my build so much that I won't be able to get over 50. I was thinking a I'd like to try a double claw scion with aoe melee skills, are there viable builds for this?

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Glanced over the notes a few times and decided I'm going with Blade Vortex this league. Though the new Guardian changes and Dominating Blow look pretty fun. One thing that did stand out to me is the new Zana mods. It should make progressing through the atlas a lot easier for people in general.

Level 4: Alternate of Same Tier (Costs 1 Chaos Orb): Requires a Rare map. Opens a random Rare map of the same tier, excluding the map you placed in the device.

Level 6, requires 5 Memory Fragments found: Shaped Tier 1-5 (Costs 2 Chaos Orbs): Requires a Rare map. Opens a version of your map at 5 tiers higher, randomly rolled as a Rare.

Level 7, requires 10 Memory Fragments found: Shaped Tier 1-10 (Costs 6 Chaos Orbs): Requires a Rare map. Opens a version of your map at 5 tiers higher, randomly rolled as a Rare, with a chance to be Corrupted

Last edited:

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
You missed the most important patch note....

• You can now right-click on a stash tab in the dropdown list to send it to the far left of your tab list.

;)

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Anyone have any feedback on this build?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bngB91ti2KA

Seems easy/cheap enough for me :)

My only complaint is the build guide. I wish there was just a forum post versus a video. Much easier to reference.

He does have a Path of Building link so that gives you the tree plus gem setup and the gear he is using (end stage). I agree written guides are a whole lot easier to follow but they are also a lot more work to create.

Reactions: Homerboy

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Glanced over the notes a few times and decided I'm going with Blade Vortex this league. Though the new Guardian changes and Dominating Blow look pretty fun. One thing that did stand out to me is the new Zana mods. It should make progressing through the atlas a lot easier for people in general.

Level 4: Alternate of Same Tier (Costs 1 Chaos Orb): Requires a Rare map. Opens a random Rare map of the same tier, excluding the map you placed in the device.

Level 6, requires 5 Memory Fragments found: Shaped Tier 1-5 (Costs 2 Chaos Orbs): Requires a Rare map. Opens a version of your map at 5 tiers higher, randomly rolled as a Rare.

Level 7, requires 10 Memory Fragments found: Shaped Tier 1-10 (Costs 6 Chaos Orbs): Requires a Rare map. Opens a version of your map at 5 tiers higher, randomly rolled as a Rare, with a chance to be Corrupted

For players like me (SSF) that is a huge improvement. Once I reach maps I spend forever running way underleveled maps. Only if I get lucky shopping at Zana did I have any chance of moving up the atlas.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
He does have a Path of Building link so that gives you the tree plus gem setup and the gear he is using (end stage). I agree written guides are a whole lot easier to follow but they are also a lot more work to create.

Yeah I looked at the PoB entry. As I said (and you said too), the written ones are just easier to follow/refer to/etc.
I don't think I like that build anyways.
I really can't find something that is grabbing my interest.
What about a ranger build?

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
First person to point me to a build, I will do it. Dealer's choice (just make it affordable :))
I will let the public decide! :p

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
I'm going to be a few days late joining this league. Currently driving back to Saskatchewan across Canada.. Get home on Monday morning. Going to read up on builds while I'm taking driving breaks...

Reactions: Homerboy

ToBYourself

Feb 7, 2007
Yeah I looked at the PoB entry. As I said (and you said too), the written ones are just easier to follow/refer to/etc.
I don't think I like that build anyways.
I really can't find something that is grabbing my interest.
What about a ranger build?

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
First person to point me to a build, I will do it. Dealer's choice (just make it affordable :))
I will let the public decide! :p

Bow ranger with flame totem?

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
I suggest something lazy and OP. I haven't too much into the new physical hearld gem yet but maybe ancestral warcheif totems or facebreakers?