Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Page 24 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Firestorm if you want to see 2nd phase Dominus melt

Interesting... I am trying a new build that is a tankish templar based on Firestorm... So far so good.

I don't do cookie cutter builds. So, I have lots of theory crafting left to do, and 20 points to spend still @ L50. So far he is really strong. Just not sure what direction to go in. using POEbuilder.. Takes a lot of time though.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Guess I'll consider myself lucky that we had one eternal drop before they got removed :p

Sold it a month ago for like 13 exalts. One eternal is useless, the exalts should help me buy gear for new builds between leagues :p

Yeah man!
I still have one that I traded for in a temp league. I think I may keep it just to show it to my grandkids one day :)

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
That's a lot of + to the attributes!

Clipboard01.jpg

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Definitely doing the next league. Aqua's going to copy my southpaw bino's reaver from the flashback league we just had, I'm going to make an EK character.

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
I have heard some people say that ES is about 1/3rd that of health in regards to life-force. Meaning, that 10K ES is similar to 3.5K life. Is this true? If so, why? Perhaps due to physical mitigation being lower (no armour on high energy pieces)?

I find that even with max resistances, instant life flasks and block @ 24%, evade @10% physical mitigation @ 50% and 3K life that I can die if I am not quick enough with my flasks on L64 Merciless... I am L67. Overall most things I can mow down but there seems to be some situations where I am flat out destroyed before I can do anything. Looking for some tips.

sactwnguy

Apr 17, 2007
I have heard some people say that ES is about 1/3rd that of health in regards to life-force. Meaning, that 10K ES is similar to 3.5K life. Is this true? If so, why? Perhaps due to physical mitigation being lower (no armour on high energy pieces)?

I find that even with max resistances, instant life flasks and block @ 24%, evade @10% physical mitigation @ 50% and 3K life that I can die if I am not quick enough with my flasks on L64 Merciless... I am L67. Overall most things I can mow down but there seems to be some situations where I am flat out destroyed before I can do anything. Looking for some tips.

Keep in mind that Chaos damage bypasses energy shield. 3k life at 67 should be good. If you want to boost your damage reduction Granite Flask helps.

Udgnim

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2008

unless you got massive ranged DPS or doing some build that constantly keeps immortal call up while having capped resists beyond the 75% max and having instant life leech, 3K life is not enough to avoid lots of random deaths

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
My 85 dual wield reave character had 4.5k HP in the flashback league and I still got oneshot every once in a while. USUALLY due to poor play on my part, though... :p

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
My 85 dual wield reave character had 4.5k HP in the flashback league and I still got oneshot every once in a while. USUALLY due to poor play on my part, though... :p

How do you know what kills you? I have died before and without a combat log, I have no idea how I died. Is there a list of fatal mechanics I need to know about?

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Just experience. Almost every one of my deaths is a "yeah, shouldn't have whirling bladed into that group" type death.

When you have enough HP, basically everything that can instant kill you is visible, you'll never be oneshot by a random melee swing or two, or a random arrow, with proper defenses/hp.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
So I started a Southpaw Reaver last night.
I know its prone to deaths but wanted to give it a go :)

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Just experience. Almost every one of my deaths is a "yeah, shouldn't have whirling bladed into that group" type death.

When you have enough HP, basically everything that can instant kill you is visible, you'll never be oneshot by a random melee swing or two, or a random arrow, with proper defenses/hp.

At 87 my Cyclone Marauder is sitting at around 6200 HP, capped resists and I still get VERY scary moments.
In fact the most deadly I have seen is a stacked poison(or bleed)
My HP has dropped so quickly that even with spamming flasks I still die sometimes. :'(
The Jungle valley boss sucks... and the one in the sewers as well.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
So I started the new league, beat normal and started cruel last night. After the flashback league this has been a horrible slog through content... I have dropped zero good items. With normal drops I would be through most of cruel at this point. The darkshrine mechanic has been interesting, but overall unimpressive. I am tired of having my inventory filled with wisdom scroll fragments, and tired of fracturing mods being applied to zones I am trying to push through. The only reason I keep popping them is the off chance I'll get to have diamond shrine in effect for a whole zone.

Ill try to bust through cruel tonight, but if I'm not having any fun Ill head back to standard to work on my SRS build.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
So I started the new league, beat normal and started cruel last night. After the flashback league this has been a horrible slog through content... I have dropped zero good items. With normal drops I would be through most of cruel at this point. The darkshrine mechanic has been interesting, but overall unimpressive. I am tired of having my inventory filled with wisdom scroll fragments, and tired of fracturing mods being applied to zones I am trying to push through. The only reason I keep popping them is the off chance I'll get to have diamond shrine in effect for a whole zone.

Ill try to bust through cruel tonight, but if I'm not having any fun Ill head back to standard to work on my SRS build.

I only tried one sacrifice and got nothing.
Drops wise not sure. I am only level 13 so too early to tell.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Yeah I've done a couple of sacrifices and it's been pretty lame. In fact on 2 of them I don't even know WTF actually happened.

I'm just playing it like a normal build and if I happen to have a rare on-hand

The forthcoming Contagion spell looks interesting:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1468555

Yeah the proper full length league I am looking forward to.
This is a test build to see how I like it :)
Contagion seems interesting.. wonder how well it scales

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
How to abuse darkshrines:

Get a rare with a crit multiplier mod on it.

Make your character naked. EVEN REMOVE FLASKS. Keep just one skill gem in inventory, that you want 20% quality on.

Sacrifice crit multiplier mod rare to darkshrine.

Hope crit multiplier mod is picked (equal chance out of all mods, so on a 6-affix, 1/6 chance). Enjoy your 20% quality skill gem. Go back to town and get dressed again. Repeat for every darkshrine until you're fully 20% gemmed out.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
How to abuse darkshrines:

Get a rare with a crit multiplier mod on it.

Make your character naked. EVEN REMOVE FLASKS. Keep just one skill gem in inventory, that you want 20% quality on.

Sacrifice crit multiplier mod rare to darkshrine.

Hope crit multiplier mod is picked (equal chance out of all mods, so on a 6-affix, 1/6 chance). Enjoy your 20% quality skill gem. Go back to town and get dressed again. Repeat for every darkshrine until you're fully 20% gemmed out.

You Sir Rock!!!
I will try this out for sure