Path of Exile 2.0 - Discussion

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
Wanna team up l8r 2night? I'm a lvl 5 Witch.

You are welcome to join my guild if you want. We only do leagues. Most of us will be doing Warbands and a few will be doing the hardcore Tempest league.

Just let me know man. Great bunch of guys who have been playing together for quite some time.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
I'll be doing Tempest. With Desync finally fixed, it will be exciting. I just hate the fact that they pretty much killed my budget arc crit witch.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I will say, if someone had just a brief glance at some D3 footage, you'd could think it was the same game visually.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
I want to fire this up, but know it will suck me in and I don't have enough free time for it right now :( Game is so good and the expansion looks to make it even better.

dfuze

Lifer
Feb 15, 2006
This is one of those games I've always meant to try out.
Is it hard for someone whose never played to start now?

Udgnim

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2008
This is one of those games I've always meant to try out.
Is it hard for someone whose never played to start now?

if you have zero idea, yes

if you plan on playing, recommend dual flame totem build

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1050038

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscr...VPC2DX4PMtz7-Cti9NZK18m6qZIQGoPm9SsinlF5d0f0=

go Marauder and follow the leveling guide in the first link. get Ancestral Bond asap. can search where it's located in the second link. dual flame totem is very light on gear requirements and works as a leveling build to end game.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I played the heck out of this game many years ago. It feels so long ago- wiki tells me game entered open beta Jan 2013.

That's it? I feel like I played this game like 5 years ago.

What's the big deal behind 2.0? When I played, it didn't have that center/middle character.

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
It sounds like they replaced desync with input lag. There is no violating the laws of physics here, something has to give.

THat being said, anybody tested it out yet? I have an old level 70-something toon but haven't played in ages.

dfuze

Lifer
Feb 15, 2006
if you have zero idea, yes

if you plan on playing, recommend dual flame totem build

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1050038

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscr...VPC2DX4PMtz7-Cti9NZK18m6qZIQGoPm9SsinlF5d0f0=

go Marauder and follow the leveling guide in the first link. get Ancestral Bond asap. can search where it's located in the second link. dual flame totem is very light on gear requirements and works as a leveling build to end game.

Thanks for the info, I'll look into that :)

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
It looks like they've at least made it a bit more pleasing visually. Zero interest though.

They did more than that. First, they fixed alot of bugs with their predictive algorithm so there should be less cases where your client is out of sync with the server. The predictive mode works pretty well and is still a solid option for people who have high ping(80+ms) to their closest server.

Next, they introduced a new lockstep mode which is what games like league of legends use. More servers were added worldwide to reduce ping. The game has gotten to the point where it feels substantially more response than playing league on the east coast. I could not notice input lag at all when connected to my closest server. I did feel lag when joining other servers that were further away, but all games have that problem. For all intents and purposes, the desync bug has been squashed.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
I played the heck out of this game many years ago. It feels so long ago- wiki tells me game entered open beta Jan 2013.

That's it? I feel like I played this game like 5 years ago.

What's the big deal behind 2.0? When I played, it didn't have that center/middle character.

More content (New Act 4), more skill gems, more mob types, jewel mechanic, no desync and new 4 month league. I've had a fun 5 days so far.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I just started playing this game in earnest last night. Messed around with it when it first came out and was "meh" about it. For some reason I reinstalled last night and couldn't stop playing...

What do I need to know?
I've really just been putting points into mana/health regen. Started with a paladin. Wielding a sword and shield. I really have no idea what I'm doing, I just know I need to get more l00t!

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
So, if your build is borked, is there no re-spec?

Planning a build can be nice and all, but no re-spec on a grid you're obviously never intended to fill out is pretty lousy.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
Is there a good archer build in POE? Not the strange matrix-style DH of D3 but a true archer\ranger.

Udgnim

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2008

Planning a build can be nice and all, but no re-spec on a grid you're obviously never intended to fill out is pretty lousy.

you get 18 refund points from quests

if things are messed up more than that, then you'll either have to use Orb of Regrets, start a new char, or wait for GGG to release a patch that changes something your build uses and you'll might get a complete respec then

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Is there a good archer build in POE? Not the strange matrix-style DH of D3 but a true archer\ranger.

Yes. Split Arrow, Tornado Shot, and Rain of Arrows are the strongest (possibly not in that order, but that is fun to play order). If you want a good starting guide, look up Neversink's Tornado shot build (it works for split arrow as well).

If anyone is playing Warbands and wants to team up, let me know. I just hit 70 ("rushing" Atziri, really) on a Ranger and am doing great (Frenzy charges and Blood Rage are OP!).

Essentially, not without spending a lot of currency. As said above, you get 18 respec points simply for progressing through the difficulties, but if you need more than that, you're going to have to buy Orbs of Regret, which get fairly expensive.

Some easy pointers though: prioritize defense (HP, resistances, etc). Life is better than energy shield; you can regen life completely with flasks, with ES, not to so much. Think about the damage nodes you are taking; if a cluster of damage will give you like 40% increased, but costs 5 points, there could be a damage cluster along your path that gives the same and only takes 4 points. Jewel sockets are great; if they are 1 to 2 points invested along your build path, get them. Poebuilder.com is a great resource for researching your pathing. Also, move speed is more than a quality of life improvement. Being able to dodge ground based mechanics and move away from enemies is big.

Oh, and your first character will be awful. Just accept that and try out skills you like.

Last edited:

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
This game seems easier than I remember? I'm level 21 and haven't even remotely come close to dying. In fact, I don't think I've even lost half my health at any time.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
This game seems easier than I remember? I'm level 21 and haven't even remotely come close to dying. In fact, I don't think I've even lost half my health at any time.

I had the same experience until Act 4. It's suddenly a HARD wall. You can't even progress. The rapid increase in monster strength in that act is too fast to be straight up frustrating.

If you're not careful, you can't progress at all as you can't even pick up your corpse.