P&Ns middle name is and

Page 1711 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
6hA6ShT.png

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I'd be curious to see a county-by-county map of the Big Macs per Hour (BM/h) of the US. Given the special sauce, you might need to map both kinds of BMs per hour :p

We need a grad student, a laptop, and some coffee. $8 seems high for a Big Mac, but I don't go to McDonald's very often. Looks like some of the states have gone quite a bit above the federal rate. I'm especially surprised by Missouri:

US-Min-Wage-Map-2022-Final-PNG-01.png

I love how in every observable and measurable way, NH just has to be so goddamn fucking obnoxiously different.

Reactions: Pohemi

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
That's brilliantly-done, technically (is that an application of some sort of existing 'face-morphing' software, or just a result of very assiduous searching for exactly the right existing photos to cut-and-paste?).

But I don't think it's a great analogy, as the whole point was Murphy's "Valentine" was a street-smart and hyper-articulate hustler with an "instinctive" aptitude for the requirements of his new job (even as I type that I wonder again about the politics of that movie - is it being right-wing or left-wing? Can't work it out). And also who turned out to have a functioning moral compass after all.

I don't get that impression about Walker at all.

you're right.

It's only a dig at the shame of the GOP, because Greedy McWhiteTrumps (lol i forget their names...Maximillian was one? Chester?) are the analogies for the joke, and it's exact. The design and staging is all exactly the same. ...only the first one was a satirical fiction, played for brilliant comedy.

the second was actual grown adults in the real world turning a once-proud country into their literal toilets out of pure, unchecked hubris and lust.

Reactions: tweaker2 and Pohemi

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I'm still fascinated by this. The preacher had to think, "At some future service, I may want to fly out over the congregation so let's go ahead and install trolley systems for doing that. Also, order some LSD to put in the grape juice." Imagine having Ken Copeland flying over your head while on acid.

Copeland personally fulfilled Matthew 7:15-20.