P&Ns middle name is and

Page 1709 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
AtEBrlV.jpeg

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I'd be curious to see a county-by-county map of the Big Macs per Hour (BM/h) of the US. Given the special sauce, you might need to map both kinds of BMs per hour :p

We need a grad student, a laptop, and some coffee. $8 seems high for a Big Mac, but I don't go to McDonald's very often. Looks like some of the states have gone quite a bit above the federal rate. I'm especially surprised by Missouri:

US-Min-Wage-Map-2022-Final-PNG-01.png

Reactions: KMFJD

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Looks like some of the states have gone quite a bit above the federal rate. I'm especially surprised by Missouri: ...
There are no states with minimum wages between $7.26 and $9.19/hr. If states are the lightest color, they have made concerted efforts to resist raising it. They are all at the bare minimum, and the fed needs to increase the national minimum to a more livable wage. $7.25hr is a joke, and the states with minimums of a few dollars an hour for servers are even worse.

It's predatory for unskilled job employers, taking advantage of their workers and the states enable it for the sake of "good business".

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

It's what repeatedly strikes me about our privatised train services. If I take a train trip without buying a ticket (or just having the wrong ticket, for a stopping service instead of an express, say) I can be fined on-the-spot and get a criminal record. If I pay for a valid ticket, but the train company then cancels the particular service that I paid to use, at _best_ I can go through a long procedure to try and get the fare refunded.

Edit - to be symmetrical, I should be allowed to levy an on-the-spot-fine on the train company's employees. And the train company CEO should get a criminal record every time it happens.

Last edited: