Official Playstation 5 thread

Page 85 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
PS5 starting to get a lot easier to get a hold of these days. Walmart has the Horizon Forbidden West bundle in stock still at MSRP. They must have a good amount of stock too because it's showing delivery by Friday for me. Much better than when I had to wait a month after ordering mine from them in January 2021.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I think this was made mostly to bring to PC without looking like a ten year old game, since PC gamers have been thirsty as hell for this game for years.
I wonder if the PC version will also be $70? Normally PC is $59.99 it was only PS5 titles that started the whole $10 increase.

They did a lot in the graphics department and motion capture, the AI is a little better and they improved the shooting animations and some combat animations to match Part 2.

But digital foundry also did a video on it titled was it worth it and the conclusion seems to be they had wished more changes were done in the gameplay department to really consider it a true remake.

I do kind of want to play it again with the new graphics but I don't feel like spending $70 for that. It's not like I can't afford it but it's the principle of buying it at that price that sets a precedent for companies to charge this much for remasters and remakes or whatever they interchangeably want to call them.

Reactions: cmdrdredd

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I wonder if the PC version will also be $70? Normally PC is $59.99 it was only PS5 titles that started the whole $10 increase.

They did a lot in the graphics department and motion capture, the AI is a little better and they improved the shooting animations and some combat animations to match Part 2.

But digital foundry also did a video on it titled was it worth it and the conclusion seems to be they had wished more changes were done in the gameplay department to really consider it a true remake.

I do kind of want to play it again with the new graphics but I don't feel like spending $70 for that. It's not like I can't afford it but it's the principle of buying it at that price that sets a precedent for companies to charge this much for remasters and remakes or whatever they interchangeably want to call them.

It was trash NBA 2k that pioneered the $70 price point, though I suspect Sony would have done it anyways.

Jul 27, 2020
$70 is more likely to hurt sales as more gamers will wait for the price to come down. $50 is easier to digest and justify for the typical gamer with common sense. But youtubers and their dumb followers will buy at whatever price to stay "current".

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
PS5 starting to get a lot easier to get a hold of these days. Walmart has the Horizon Forbidden West bundle in stock still at MSRP. They must have a good amount of stock too because it's showing delivery by Friday for me. Much better than when I had to wait a month after ordering mine from them in January 2021.

I think it was a week or two ago I saw a tweet saying they were available at Walmart, and out of curiosity, I checked it, and they were still available with a fairly quick delivery (about a week). I left it in my cart just to see how long it would stay there, and it was available for a few hours until it finally went out of stock.

Interestingly enough, I checked your link (from yesterday), and it's still available right now. Whether it has gone in and out of stock since that point, I don't really know.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I think it was a week or two ago I saw a tweet saying they were available at Walmart, and out of curiosity, I checked it, and they were still available with a fairly quick delivery (about a week). I left it in my cart just to see how long it would stay there, and it was available for a few hours until it finally went out of stock.

Interestingly enough, I checked your link (from yesterday), and it's still available right now. Whether it has gone in and out of stock since that point, I don't really know.
I've seen the horizon bundle for $550 available from Walmart with 2 day shipping.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
There's a new Ragnarok trailer out. Bit spoilerly because it's a story trailer. Looks crossgen but I'm sure it will be good.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Yeah I'm not impressed with the graphics on God of War. It looks basically identical to the PS4 version. Only watched like 5 seconds of the new trailer but this cross gen stuff blows.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I thought the trailer was fine, it did spoil quite a bit of the story but it looks like combat will be cool, fighting two Valkyries at once,etc.

I also wish it wasn't being developed for PS4 either but there were other titles that looked interesting in the state of play reveal too.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
OMFG they announced a remake of 龍が如く維新, eg Yakuza Ishin, with western localization. The fanbase has been begging Sega for this for eight years now and Sega kept saying no because no one out west knows who the frick Ryoma Sakamoto was. This game is literally the reason I started studying Japanese three years ago and I imported the PS4 version from Japan a few months ago to finally play this year. This is like Christmas morning to fans of the Yakuza series, to finally get this critically acclaimed game localized. Also coming to Steam and XBox.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I thought the trailer was fine, it did spoil quite a bit of the story but it looks like combat will be cool, fighting two Valkyries at once,etc.

I also wish it wasn't being developed for PS4 either but there were other titles that looked interesting in the state of play reveal too.
I honestly think it looks great. Remember horizon forbidden west was also a PS4 title and it looks fantastic on PS5. I'm sure God of war will be fine

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I honestly think it looks great. Remember horizon forbidden west was also a PS4 title and it looks fantastic on PS5. I'm sure God of war will be fine
I'm not too concerned about the graphics. It would have been cool to see what Santa Monica studios may have done with a PS5 only title. I may go back and replay the original if I have time on easy mode so I remember more of the plot.

I also liked that Ronin game, reminds of ghost of Tsushima a little bit. I wonder if the combat will be similar or souls like. Stellar blade looked interesting too. We also have calisto protocol hopefully out in December but those are the only two titles I'm looking forward to in the near future.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
The gameplay graphics don't look nextgen but the combat is pretty interesting.

It's a low budget series from Japan, it has never had the budget for cutting edge graphics. This is also a light remake of a game released in 2014 for PS3 and PS4. These games are beat 'em ups, kind of like a more modern take on Streets of Rage. If you ever played Shenmue, this series is a spiritual successor to that. They also have tons of ridiculous Japanese comedy and usually have some optional rhythm game stuff too. The games set in modern times also have fully playable Sega games if you walk into an arcade, but obviously that won't be the case in this one since it takes place in 1860s Japan.

Reactions: cmdrdredd

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Wow two more Like a Dragon games announced yesterday. Man 2023 and 2024 looked stacked for releases I'm going to be highly interested in.

2023 for a continuation of Kiryu's saga

And then 2024 another of the turn based Like a Dragon games focused on Ichiban

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
So, I bought Persona 5 Royal last year, hoping to play this winter.

Then I see it's free on Gamepass for xbox with a new edition. Sweet! 4K, 60 fps, etc. Great!

But I want to play in the basement on my PS5. So it's gonna get upgraded too, right? lmao, no. I'll have to buy a full price game to get what I am going to get on Gamepass, despite me owning the full Royal edition on my PS5 but in PS4 mode.

It seems incredibly dumb to me that there isn't even a $9.95 upgrade option, which I would grudgingly pay to get it where I want to play it.

Reactions: igor_kavinski

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
So, I bought Persona 5 Royal last year, hoping to play this winter.

Then I see it's free on Gamepass for xbox with a new edition. Sweet! 4K, 60 fps, etc. Great!

But I want to play in the basement on my PS5. So it's gonna get upgraded too, right? lmao, no. I'll have to buy a full price game to get what I am going to get on Gamepass, despite me owning the full Royal edition on my PS5 but in PS4 mode.

It seems incredibly dumb to me that there isn't even a $9.95 upgrade option, which I would grudgingly pay to get it where I want to play it.

That's Atlus for you. I had to pay $60 for Royal after buying the original Persona 5 full price. Not buying the game a third time for full price, I'll just pirate it whenever it gets cracked for PC.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Not sure which thread to put this in, but this game looks awesome. As much as I don't care about remakes for the most part, this game is nearly 15 years old and the experience on my current setup is going to make this atmosphere incredible. It was incredible back in the day so I can't imagine how awesome it will be on my setup now. I also don't remember the story at all.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Not sure which thread to put this in, but this game looks awesome. As much as I don't care about remakes for the most part, this game is nearly 15 years old and the experience on my current setup is going to make this atmosphere incredible. It was incredible back in the day so I can't imagine how awesome it will be on my setup now. I also don't remember the story at all.

Havent played it in forever. Wasn't it kinda an on-rail game?

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012

I remember playing all the dead space games on my pc. The original was amazing, 2 was ok and 3 also alright.

I'm guessing this will also be out for PC? This and Callisto protocol I'm not sure what platform to play it on.

I'm leaning towards PC because my card can run them with raytracing at ultrawide 1440p and the use of mouse and keyboard since these are shooters.

But since we got a puppy recently I've been doing the majority of my gaming in the living room on PS5 since the main area of the apartment is hardwood floor and it's easier to watch the dog at the same time.

I plan on getting this game day 1 that it comes out. Really curious to see what they did with the remake in addition to also having been soo long since I played the original.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I remember playing all the dead space games on my pc. The original was amazing, 2 was ok and 3 also alright.

I'm guessing this will also be out for PC? This and Callisto protocol I'm not sure what platform to play it on.

I'm leaning towards PC because my card can run them with raytracing at ultrawide 1440p and the use of mouse and keyboard since these are shooters.

But since we got a puppy recently I've been doing the majority of my gaming in the living room on PS5 since the main area of the apartment is hardwood floor and it's easier to watch the dog at the same time.

I plan on getting this game day 1 that it comes out. Really curious to see what they did with the remake in addition to also having been soo long since I played the original.
Yeah it's coming out on PC as well.

Last edited: