**OFFICIAL** AT Battlefield 3 FAQ and News Thread

Page 348 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
sometimes this games makes me want to kill people, i honestly dont know how some people can be so god damn bad at doing anything but standing around

think at one poing yesterday 8 people we standing around waiting for the chopper to spawn as we are getting our asses handed to us, when it spawned someone got in it and then crashed in 4 seconds later .....

Ariae

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2004
Zarg, we'll be emptying squad deathmatch servers tomorrow. Feel free to join us ;P

0___________0

May 5, 2012
Saw that Amazon had BF3 on sale today, and was wondering what you guys thought of it's infantry combat? I'm not normally a huge fan of vehicular combat, I enjoy running around with a gun. I like fast paced gameplay, I don't want to run around for 40 seconds before I find someone to shoot; does BF3 fit my style? And I don't like CoD, so I thought I'd look into BF3.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
sometimes this games makes me want to kill people, i honestly dont know how some people can be so god damn bad at doing anything but standing around

think at one poing yesterday 8 people we standing around waiting for the chopper to spawn as we are getting our asses handed to us, when it spawned someone got in it and then crashed in 4 seconds later .....
6 Snipers, 5 helo pilots, 8 jet pilots.

Clearly a formula for... base rape. :hmm:

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Saw that Amazon had BF3 on sale today, and was wondering what you guys thought of it's infantry combat? I'm not normally a huge fan of vehicular combat, I enjoy running around with a gun. I like fast paced gameplay, I don't want to run around for 40 seconds before I find someone to shoot; does BF3 fit my style? And I don't like CoD, so I thought I'd look into BF3.
BF3's Team Death Match is tops for run and gun play IMO. Also, the new DLC due out next month will add even more close quarters maps.

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/close-quarters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V41cu7KTF3M

Last edited:

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Nothing new... but it explains a lot about some of the players I went up against...

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/t7201/im_a_hacker_and_i_have_some_information_for_the/
From that ^
I can set the hack to spot all members of the enemy team every so often, for the benefit of my entire team (spothacking).

I was playing TDM on Noshahr Canals a week or so ago and the entire enemy team was spotted the entire game for a couple of rounds. I figured someone in my squad was hacking but the above statement makes it sound like it could have been anyone on my team. Needless to say but our team did very well.....

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
https://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/199153671446077440

KarrizFIN ‏ @KarrizFIN @gustavhalling @zh1nt0 Nobody from DICE has posted at EAUK forums lately. How about some discussion about VOIP, commander and free DLC?
Details

Daniel Matros ‏ @zh1nt0
Follow

@KarrizFIN @gustavhalling Won't be implemented as is right now. DLC prices will be announced later.

Don't care about the commander part but the lack of interest in doing in-game VOIP despite community outcry is....par for the course now. As Patrick Bach once said, Teamwork is not essential. And as some of you will no doubt say, just use TS3, to hell with the people who aren't in regular clans.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Yeah that reddit report is pretty disturbing though. I didn't realize those hacks were as widespread and easily concealable. Even if you never used the aimbot, having full 3d spotting would give a huge advantage.

Also now I think I don't blame people that call me a cheater for playing well...if hacks like those are around. Whenever someone calls me a cheater I'll just tell them to go to my youtube channel.

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
I have seen guys over the years in BF2 that everyone knows were hacking but even with studied ghosting the admins can't prove it. And videos aren't proof that someone isn't hacking; if they are microscopic enough in scope to fool admins ghosting, they're good enough for fooling the recording, too. When you set that aimbot to only work when your aim is a couple thousand microns off, there will be no snap to see, ever.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
I have seen guys over the years in BF2 that everyone knows were hacking but even with studied ghosting the admins can't prove it. And videos aren't proof that someone isn't hacking; if they are microscopic enough in scope to fool admins ghosting, they're good enough for fooling the recording, too. When you set that aimbot to only work when your aim is a couple thousand microns off, there will be no snap to see, ever.
True, but it would put an end to obvious ones like those in the vids linked above.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
Does anyone know how to only have BF3 on their SSD, and all other Origin games on another HD?

Im setting up my new PC this week, and I have a 640GB Hard drive that i was planning on using for Game installs, but i know people have mentioned an SSD makes a HUGE difference in BF3. Up until now i have only used it on an SSD, so i have no point of reference.

Theres no way my small SSD can fit all of my origin games, and the only one i want on there is BF3, so is there an easy way to do it?

And if the solution is too involved, or if there is none, how much worse off am i by using a regular 7200rpm drive?

Destiny

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2010
Does anyone know how to only have BF3 on their SSD, and all other Origin games on another HD?

Im setting up my new PC this week, and I have a 640GB Hard drive that i was planning on using for Game installs, but i know people have mentioned an SSD makes a HUGE difference in BF3. Up until now i have only used it on an SSD, so i have no point of reference.

Theres no way my small SSD can fit all of my origin games, and the only one i want on there is BF3, so is there an easy way to do it?

And if the solution is too involved, or if there is none, how much worse off am i by using a regular 7200rpm drive?

If you are doing a fresh install of the game - it will prompt you where to install it and you can direct it to your hard drive (Origin will auto start it no matter where it is stored). Or if its already on your SSD... hold the "shift" key and move the game (folder) to your HDD...

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
If you are doing a fresh install of the game - it will prompt you where to install it and you can direct it to your hard drive (Origin will auto start it no matter where it is stored). Or if its already on your SSD... hold the "shift" key and move the game (folder) to your HDD...

i thought origin installs all games to the origin folder? Right now i have it installed to my SSD, that is going to be completely wiped when i move it to a new pc and do a fresh install.

Its a small SSD, with origin installed to it, and battlefield 3. If I try to install a large game like crysis, it wont even let me because there isnt enough disk space on my SSD, even though i want it on my hard drive.

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009
Maintenance coming up on the 8th of May
zh1nt0 said:
Posted: 2 hours ago 64 comments

We will perform some backend maintenance tomorrow at 9am UTC to 10am UTC, and therefore online gameplay for PC will be down.
Also, during this downtime we will also do maintenance on Battlelog which will affect log-ins there as well.

We expect this downtime to improve stability and online connectivity to the game.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011

I just installed a 60gb corsair force gt sata 6gbps in both my notebook and on my desktop and i can vouch on incredibly fast loading times on the ssd for BF3 over my 2 month old western digital black,there really isn't a substitute period for anything nearly as fast.

Destiny

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2010
i thought origin installs all games to the origin folder? Right now i have it installed to my SSD, that is going to be completely wiped when i move it to a new pc and do a fresh install.

Its a small SSD, with origin installed to it, and battlefield 3. If I try to install a large game like crysis, it wont even let me because there isnt enough disk space on my SSD, even though i want it on my hard drive.

Hmmm... let me double check... because I have MOH 2010 on a sepearte folder on the HDD and my BF3 is on the SSD... BF3 is the only game on the SSD and all my other games are in the HDD...

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
I just installed a 60gb corsair force gt sata 6gbps in both my notebook and on my desktop and i can vouch on incredibly fast loading times on the ssd for BF3 over my 2 month old western digital black,there really isn't a substitute period for anything nearly as fast.
Yup, HDD speed is pretty much THE deciding factor in level load times.

Destiny

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2010

If I see a group of noobs doing that and my team is losing... I roadkill them with my jeep with horns blaring and all!! If they complain I just tell them we are losing because of them so it makes no difference if I roadkill my own team mates or the enemy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiKGZ6E2qcs

But I always make sure the server does not ban me for TK first... :whiste: