Official AMD Ryzen Benchmarks, Reviews, Prices, and Discussion

Page 77 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OrangeKhrush

Feb 11, 2017
I messaged a person who I trust for understanding on issues about the high aida64 latency at 3200Mhz, the throughput is higher than Kabylake a 3400Mhz, but the Latency is double. I am just findign out if it is board and firmware teething.

tamz_msc

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2017
Dual Channel/Dual Rank/4 DIMM : 1886
Dual Channel/Single Rank/4 DIMM : 2133
Dual Channel/Dual Rank/2 DIMM : 2400
Dual Channel/Single Rank/2 DIMM : 2667

so hopefully they patch bios Later to support Dual rank up to 3800Mhz.
AsRock gave this info out a few days ago.

unseenmorbidity

Golden Member
Nov 27, 2016
Considering that in their demo it took watercooling to get 1800X to clock 100Mhz above stock boost clock, that "nerfed" version does not look relevant.
The irony of xfr being hard limited to 100-200mhz compared to all the marketing talk is priceless.

The issue here is that they are using 4k scenarios and the only game i trust to be CPU limited on ultra settings even on Titan XP (that they use) is Civ VI... That Ryzen loses. And AotS that Ryzen ties. OTOH the differences on other titles are too pronounced to be GPU caused.

I am confused O_O.

Would not be surprised if the difference between them was 100-200Mhz. Is 100-200Mhz worth $100 (or how much was it)? You decide.

XFR seems to be capped at 100MHz. So, it's not fair to say they needed water to get an extra 100mhz.

XFR isn't amazing, but who cares? It's still a good feature for non-overclockers.

Reactions: lightmanek

agouraki

Feb 18, 2017
argh so you need x370 motherboard to get XFR... i wasnt expecting that,unless its a trick with words...
the game benchgraphs only tell me that at 4k res 1800x doesnt bottleneck whatever graphics card you have on it atm,

but it definitely is what you would expect if you were going after something hitting the 6900k at half the price.

Last edited:

tamz_msc

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2017
No native USB 3.1 gen 2 on X300 it seems. Well lets hope we see some good X370 itx boards.

.vodka

Golden Member
Dec 5, 2014
Apart from the gaming results,

lyEvIg.jpg

fqNpMP.jpg

EyGMGW.jpg

eZaHlr.jpg

Really solid. Price performance champion. Great perf/W. Great IPC for a first generation core, up there with Intel's best.

The only advantage Kabylake has is frequency on top of the known IPC lead, and full speed AVX/2 execution speed for the software that makes use of that.

We'll see if reviews reflect these numbers tomorrow, but this is no Bulldozer or Sandy Bridge. You know, for those who are still doubting ;) Zen+ next year or so should close the gap IPC wise with Kabylake, and we're back to parity, and the crown will be for the one who clocks higher.

Hopefully BIOS updates fix whatever problem is left with memory latency, if it's fixable.. it doesn't seem to impact general workloads too much. Maybe it's a design tradeoff, because all we've seen is great bandwidth numbers overall.

Erithan13

Oct 25, 2015
On the eve of the launch I thought it would be nice to look back at how far we've come:

amd_zen_performance_advantages_fad-e1451686145390.jpg

AMD-40-IPC-Zen-Zen-.jpg

I remember when these images and a few others were literally everything we had about Zen. It's been one amazing ride.

Apologies in advance for the site that shall not be named, but I thought this from November 2015 is very interesting in retrospect:

The Zen core itself is surprisingly compact and power efficient. The CPU die itself isn’t particularly large, an advantage which the company is planning to leverage by targeting Zen FX products towards attractive price points to penetrate the mainstream segment.

Tomorrow will be a good day :)

Insomniator

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
Zen+ next year or so should close the gap IPC wise with Kabylake, and we're back to parity, and the crown will be for the one who clocks higher.

Why would Intel not have improved IPC in the next year?

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Dual Channel/Dual Rank/4 DIMM : 1886
Dual Channel/Single Rank/4 DIMM : 2133
Dual Channel/Dual Rank/2 DIMM : 2400
Dual Channel/Single Rank/2 DIMM : 2667

so hopefully they patch bios Later to support Dual rank up to 3800Mhz.

Saw that too. Think this is set in stone? I wasn't planning on overclocking but I just bought some 2x8GB 2667/CL15 and was sort of planning on adding 2 more DIMMs.

Sven_eng

Nov 1, 2016
I messaged a person who I trust for understanding on issues about the high aida64 latency at 3200Mhz, the throughput is higher than Kabylake a 3400Mhz, but the Latency is double. I am just findign out if it is board and firmware teething.

Option 3, the software doesn't know how to measure it properly. :)

Reactions: looncraz

lolfail9001

Golden Member
Sep 9, 2016
Option 3, the software doesn't know how to measure it properly. :)
Good thing i have a synthetic workload that scales linearly with memory latency somewhere on old HDD, then.
Better yet, someone should just run GeekBench on those, they have another one.

Enigma-

Feb 1, 2017
Zen die and IHS

KeyTGmv.jpg

5g06vaI.jpg

MP2duHe.jpg

Regarding this persian "test" Zen has over 100ns RAM with the non new agesa AMD rumor-wise fixed at those last days accoring to some reps at ASUS/others. I think it can have a huge impact in those gametests.