***Official*** 2019 Stock Market Thread

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 8, 2012
CMG earnings to start in about 10 min. Looking forward to some good news....

Facebook beat earnings and is up over 5% as well for those that actually invest in social media junk.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
CMG earnings to start in about 10 min. Looking forward to some good news....

Facebook beat earnings and is up over 5% as well for those that actually invest in social media junk.
facebook just announced they expect a $5B fine from FCC for privacy breaches :eek:

Nov 8, 2012
Pocket change for FB.

"Here peasant, have some of my spare change"

*throws quarters on the ground in front of US government hobo*

To be honest, I don't even know why they disclosed that in their shareholder meeting. Is that basically a hint hint nudge nudge for telling the government how much in fees to give them?

Nov 8, 2012
TSLA down to $255 as of pre-market this morning.

What is everyones thoughts on buying them now? Seems like their profit reporting has quickly reversed, It doesn't look like they are going to recover anytime soon.

Nov 8, 2012
Fuckin greaaaaaaaaat. CMG just tanked 5.9% - apparently they received a subpoena related to Ohio illness incident.

Hopefully just an over-reaction.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
tomorrow if fri. converted $1000 of stock to bonds.
lets see if your doomsday prediction will be correct

Duuuude. I only thought the market might *close* lower on Friday, I said nothing about "doomsday". If I were expecting some sort of doomsday I would have given at least some reason.

A lot of people could admit the market appears overbought at the moment and the markets close up and down everyday. If the DOW closes lower tomorrow, I will be correct (I have no money it), but if it does not I will be wrong.

But I dont expect any sort of doomsday event at all .... except perhaps one day coming to terms with our $22T+ in growing debt:

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Nov 8, 2012
Duuuude. I only thought the market might *close* lower on Friday, I said nothing about "doomsday". If I were expecting some sort of doomsday I would have given at least some reason.

A lot of people could admit the market appears overbought at the moment and the markets close up and down everyday. If the DOW closes lower tomorrow, I will be correct (I have no money it), but if it does not I will be wrong.

But I dont expect any sort of doomsday event at all .... except perhaps one day coming to terms with our $22T+ in growing debt:

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Looks like your prediction for today is going to be wrong.

US GDP reporting beat expectations - expected modest 2.3% pace - accelerated to 3.2%.

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
I finally bit the bullet and averaged down my WDC from 69 to 58.

It looks like I made a good choice. The shares I bought today are already up a lot.

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
Yeah, I'm up pretty well this year (I'm sure most of us are).

I'm not buying anything outright in the near term. I'm just going to keep selling calls on what I have.

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
Harris really popped today.

One of my best friends from HS started working for them while he was still in college and from what I hear he's worked his way up dramatically (regional VP or something like that). I should look him up one of these days.

Haven't talked to him in probably 15 years.

Nov 8, 2012
I fucking hate the market. AMD jumps a good 6% or so after their earnings yesterday.... slowly tapers down and by the next day near end of trading it's lower than it was before the earnings. wtf?

DietDrThunder

Platinum Member
Apr 6, 2001
I fucking hate the market. AMD jumps a good 6% or so after their earnings yesterday.... slowly tapers down and by the next day near end of trading it's lower than it was before the earnings. wtf?
The robots decided that the earnings where already built into the price of AMD, so the robots decided to sell.

The market is stacked against us tiny little life forms.