Obozo spat in most of every American's face

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
You empty headed twit, the entire point of the speech was (dumbed down for Matt1970), "Islam not bad. Christ people not bad. People use faith as excuse do bad things. We no claim all people same as bad people if share some beliefs. That make us hippo-krits. All good people need work to stop bad people."

You may need to simplify it more Mattcle1980.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
As a moderate conservative and a non-religious person I saw absolutely nothing wrong with what the President said. To act as if Christians have never killed in the name of their religion is asinine. The fact of the matter is the majority of Muslims that follow mainstream Islam are no different that the average run of the mill Christian.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
As a moderate conservative and a non-religious person I saw absolutely nothing wrong with what the President said. To act as if Christians have never killed in the name of their religion is asinine. The fact of the matter is the majority of Muslims that follow mainstream Islam are no different that the average run of the mill Christian.

Who said Christians never killed in the name of their religion? For it to be speech worthy there must be a large amount saying that, or is it just another fantasy argument played out in the head of Sir Bullshits-a-lot's?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

It seems that at least a few people in this thread find such concepts threatening. Matt1970, Michael1980, DocSavageFan, the OP (who is just bat shit insane anyway) looking at you all. Is your faith really so week that it can't stand up in the face of such facts?

Nov 30, 2006
This is a asinine strawman. Who is acting as if Christians have never killed in the name of their religion? Tell me, just who are these people?

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
It seems that at least a few people in this thread find such concepts threatening. Matt1970, Michael1980, DocSavageFan, the OP (who is just bat shit insane anyway) looking at you all. Is your faith really so week that it can't stand up in the face of such facts?

“Lest we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ,” Obama said.

What is batshit insane is Obama claiming that. Nobody thinks this is unique to Islam. That is another fantasy argument cooked up in Obama's head.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Can you quote in that wall of text where someone is claiming Christians never killed in the name of their religion?
How about he does it when you quote where Obama was apologizing for ISIS.
Then why do you think Obama would bring up crap other people have done in the name of religion? If he wasn't apologizing for or trying to lessen the impact of what ISIS did, then it has absolutely no business being in his speech.

Hint, you can't, because he didn't.

However I can show you where a prominent Republican apologized for Christian atrocities against black people by saying they don't count because Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Christian.

Nov 30, 2006
Threatening...no, not in the least. I'm just flabbergasted as to why he feels it's necessary to caution Christians to not to get on their high horse by randomly invoking some semblance of moral equivalency to 1000 year old events.

Last edited:

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
How about he does it when you quote where Obama was apologizing for ISIS.

Hint, you can't, because he didn't.

However I can show you where a prominent Republican apologized for Christian atrocities against black people by saying they don't count because Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Christian.

There is probably isn't even a handful of educated people claiming Christians never killed in the name of their religion, much less enough to warrant a mention in a speech so unless Obama is giving a history lesson here it is apologizing.

schmuckley

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2011
Threatening...no, not in the least. I'm just flabbergasted as to why he feels it's necessary to caution Christians to not to get on their high horse by randomly invoking some semblance of moral equivalency to 1000 year old events.
..That's fair enough.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
There is probably isn't even a handful of educated people claiming Christians never killed in the name of their religion, much less enough to warrant a mention in a speech so unless Obama is giving a history lesson here it is apologizing.

The point isn't that people are claiming Christians never did bad things. Though I've seen MANY times on this forum people claiming that "those evil acts weren't done by REAL Christians". The point is that there is a growing population of Americans, most conservatives, who consider Islam as a whole the be bad. And Obama is pointing out that it's not Islam, but people who pervert Islam just like people perverted Christianity. You've gotta stop having this crazy ass conservative mindset that just because he didn't use EXACTLY word for word descriptions and buzzwords that you want that he didn't talk about something. Like how many times has that raging fucktard Ted Cruz bitched because Obama didn't utter the exact phrase "radical Islam" or "terrorist attack" even though he talked specifically about ISIL or used the phrase "act of terrorism"?

Also, since you did mention "educated people", the people he needs to tell to not get on their high horse are mostly conservatives, so clearly he wasn't talking to educated people.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
The point isn't that people are claiming Christians never did bad things. Though I've seen MANY times on this forum people claiming that "those evil acts weren't done by REAL Christians". The point is that there is a growing population of Americans, most conservatives, who consider Islam as a whole the be bad. And Obama is pointing out that it's not Islam, but people who pervert Islam just like people perverted Christianity. You've gotta stop having this crazy ass conservative mindset that just because he didn't use EXACTLY word for word descriptions and buzzwords that you want that he didn't talk about something. Like how many times has that raging fucktard Ted Cruz bitched because Obama didn't utter the exact phrase "radical Islam" or "terrorist attack" even though he talked specifically about ISIL or used the phrase "act of terrorism"?

I would tend to go with your paraphrasing of what Obama said, only he used "Lest we get on our high horse...." and that totally changed the context.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
The point isn't that people are claiming Christians never did bad things. Though I've seen MANY times on this forum people claiming that "those evil acts weren't done by REAL Christians". The point is that there is a growing population of Americans, most conservatives, who consider Islam as a whole the be bad. And Obama is pointing out that it's not Islam, but people who pervert Islam just like people perverted Christianity. .

To be fair the average Muslim is saying almost the same thing as the Christians "These evil acts aren't done by REAL Muslims". I do believe that is what Obama was trying to get across to Americans when he said what he did. As for those conservatives that consider Islam to be bad I have absolutely no use for them as they're misinformed or ignorant at best.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Because it is the same moral equivalency, the good guys with the right god go out to kill the bad guys with the wrong god I told you that you believe in the good and by doing so you create evil but you do not see this because you are unwilling to die to your belief. Your belief is tied to your ego. Because you believe in the good, you believe your ego is good. But your ego is like everybody else's ego, the creator of evil. There is no good and there is no evil. There is only the kingdom of heaven, the garden of Eden, from which you were cast when you bit the apple of language. There are only those who have awakened in the eternal now, and those who divide the world into nonexistent parts with words.

The real good is whole and undivided being: what you believe in is a delusion created by words. Let go of it.

The main thing that Londo offered you was how a mind not poisoned by attachment to religion but still conservative heard the Presidents words. Had you been more charitable in your reading of his post you would not have picked it apart as you did. It wasn't denial that Christians killed that he really meant to say, nothing we post can't be improved on, as we know from Boehner, but the childish defensiveness that occurred when Obama mentioned the Crusades, the notion that that motive for killing a thousand years ago isn't alive and well today and being dusted off by some of our modern day frightened amygdalae.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Please try to link to more recent stuff. Maybe you shouldn't go back further than Columbus coming to America.

Thanks for proving my point - no one cares,.. unless Obama brings it up,.. then it's an insult.

Hur dur dur on, hur dur dur on.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
If Christianity had killed 300,000 people;Islam would have killed 27,000,000
That's the ratio.

As if the ratio matters. So if I raped your mom 10 times that's not as bad as the guy that raped her 100 times...only in the mind of a seriously fucked up individual would the atrocities of one individual invalidate the atrocities of another.

Nov 30, 2006
How bout this Fox propaganda idiot....brianwashing the rubes every day

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/02/foxs-bolling-zero-people-have-been-killed
At first, when I read some of the blog you linked, I thought Bolling was crazy...but I wanted to reserve judgement until I actually saw his words in context. Doing this I see that he was plainly speaking about the last few months, not from a historical perspective going back to the dawn of mankind as implied. I now see that this is a blatant attempt to demonize Bolling...which, by the way, is SOP for anyone who happens to take issue with Dear Leader. Dishonest spin from a progressive blog site...why am I not surprised?

“Reports say radical Muslim jihadists killed thousands of people in the past few months alone. And yet when you take Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, whatever, their combined killings in the name of religion––well, that would be zero.”

Context, do you speak it? And then your blog goes on to say that Bolling willfully ignored "many recent examples of Christian terrorism" within our own borders and then, to illustrate their point, they cited a link describing a man who shot up a federal courthouse and a Mexican consulate last November. Unfortunately, there is zero reference in that article that this man was a Christian. I imagine that the description of him being an anti-government criminal somehow equates to Christian in their twisted world view. If you think the incredibly dishonest blog you linked has any credibility whatsoever...then you're sadly, sadly mistaken. But this does serve as an excellent example of one thing...just how dishonest some progressives can be. It seems that propaganda idiots and gullible brainwashed rubes abound.

Last edited: