Obama Vs. Palin - Palin pulls within one point of Obama

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Obama's doing fine, the hysteria coming from the right is taking it's toll on his approval rating but when it's time to make the decision to pick our leader in 012 I think he'll be alright.If not well then we'll have to choose someone else.Unfortunately the Republicans haven't anybody that's even remotely better and Palin and her supporters are a fucking joke.

If she were to win I can definitively envision the end of our Union.

yuppiejr

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2002
Why is Republican Intelligence some of the scariest shit ever in the history of civilization

WTF has Palin ever done .. look at her loser children and all the miserable comments she has made etc.. Anyone approving of her AS POTUS needs psychological help.. wow.. so frightening

What's truly sad is as much as you all hate Palin you can't deny that she still has a vastly better resume than the current POTUS. The fact that even with a same party congressional majority that he still can't get any of his major campaign promises delivered is simply pathetic. At least GWB got things done even if they weren't the right or smart things.

Face it, you fell for a marketing campaign by a stuffed shirt with no significant political or business experience who's at the beck and call of every special interest and lobbyist on the planet. He's as bad or worse than George W. Bush, corrupt to the core, just a D after the name and a smoother delivery of pretty speeches. He's a failure as president who's only being propped up by his cult of personality and journalists more interested in kissing the presidential ass than doing their jobs.

We can only hope he doesn't completely flush the country down the toilet before someone qualified replaces him in 2012.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
What's truly sad is as much as you all hate Palin you can't deny that she still has a vastly better resume than the current POTUS. Where does it say anywhere that you need to have a resume to be POTUS? For that matter lets look at her fucked up family......boy I sure would want to vote for that ding bat of a geraffe...NOT!!![/b} The fact that even with a same party congressional majority that he still can't get any of his major campaign promises delivered is simply pathetic. At least GWB got things done okay loud mouth what did GWB get done that required congressional approval?? even if they weren't the right or smart things.

Face it, you fell for a marketing campaign by a stuffed shirt with no significant political or business experience who's at the beck and call of every special interest and lobbyist on the planet. He's as bad or worse than George W. Bush, corrupt to the core, just a D after the name and a smoother delivery of pretty speeches. He's a failure as president who's only being propped up by his cult of personality and journalists more interested in kissing the presidential ass than doing their jobs. oh cry me a frakin river you blathering idiot.....thats what I like about people like you....as long as you and other GWB supporters are running the Republican party we shall have many many democratic presidents.......hahahahaaaaa.......that`s what I like about you idiots!!!

We can only hope he doesn't completely flush the country down the toilet before someone qualified replaces him in 2012. hell, your favorite president fuxked the country up so badly I am not even sure 8 years will be enough to turn this once proud country around!!!
:)

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
What's truly sad is as much as you all hate Palin you can't deny that she still has a vastly better resume than the current POTUS. The fact that even with a same party congressional majority that he still can't get any of his major campaign promises delivered is simply pathetic. At least GWB got things done even if they weren't the right or smart things.

Face it, you fell for a marketing campaign by a stuffed shirt with no significant political or business experience who's at the beck and call of every special interest and lobbyist on the planet. He's as bad or worse than George W. Bush, corrupt to the core, just a D after the name and a smoother delivery of pretty speeches. He's a failure as president who's only being propped up by his cult of personality and journalists more interested in kissing the presidential ass than doing their jobs.

We can only hope he doesn't completely flush the country down the toilet before someone qualified replaces him in 2012.
Christ on a personality cult stick. The end is getting near. Things are utterly hopeless. You better flee while you still can.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Good, I hope they try to make her the front line race for the GOP presidency lock stock and barrel.

It will be an easy win for Obama again.

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

creationist

sarah-palin-creationist.jpg

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

What planet do you live on? Palin's resume is basically being the mayor of a town in the middle of nowhere that she bankrupted and a governorship that she quit halfway through her FIRST TERM. That's an embarrassment.

As for attempting to label him a failure after being in office 10 months, you're just letting your extreme partisanship cloud rational judgment. Take this analysis by Slate: http://www.slate.com/id/2236708/?from=rss Now like the author says, you can totally think that Obama is doing BAD things, but to say that he's been unable to get things done is silly.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Make that comparison based on IQ. Regardless of your personal preferences, Obama's a bright guy, and Palin is a brain dead political whore. Since any number divided by zero = infinty, Obama / Palin = infinity. :biggrin:

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Palin is a gift to the Dems. As long as the Reps keep fronting people like her instead of a Buckley, they haven't a chance.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
What issues does Palin support and oppose and is she right on them. Those are the questions that matters in my opinion.

Only fools think Palin will be defeated as a candidate because she's a moron.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
What issues does Palin support and oppose and is she right on them. Those are the questions that matters in my opinion.

Only fools think Palin will be defeated as a candidate because she's a moron.

and anytime she's bought up, will it be "files to shit" with you?

\Palin will be the GOP candidate...
\this is obvious...

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
polls like this are silly and can't take into account how quickly Obama's numbers will rise when he starts outspending his opponents 3:1

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
and anytime she's bought up, will it be "files to shit" with you?

\Palin will be the GOP candidate...
\this is obvious...

She is as qualified to be the GOP candidate as any other Republican. Millions of people support her values. They have as much right to vote for somebody like them as other Republicans or Democrats. She is a totally viable candidate with more than sufficient IQ for the job. The folk who are brain dead, in my opinion, and sure to get her elected, are the fools who dismiss her as unqualified. Her greatest strength, in my opinion, is the knee jerk reaction she created in democrats. I would almost vote for her just to watch them go ape shit, just to spite their stupid dismissive asses and if she should win I'll be laughing mine off.

George Bush was also too stupid to wipe his ass so he used the whole country to do it.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
polls like this are silly and can't take into account how quickly Obama's numbers will rise when he starts outspending his opponents 3:1
Well, it worked for the last bush.

I don't remember any pugs complaining about the massive campaign spending by their party in 2000.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
What does that have to do with Palin and Obama having essentially the same approval rating?
More money spent on campaigns invariably changes everything. Are you new at this?

And trying to compare the approval ratings of these two people is stupid beyond comprehension.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
yeah, I don't get what that has to do with anything.

I'm just saying, polls don't matter because they'll change the second Obama starts spending campaign money.
I doubt that you would be pointing this out if it was the pugs spending more.

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
More money spent on campaigns invariably changes everything. Are you new at this?

And trying to compare the approval ratings of these two people is stupid beyond comprehension.

So you are saying that Palin ran for president against Obama in 2000?
I am confused...

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
If this was October 2012 the poll would be meaningful. Now, not at all.

They then jog to their jobs in Midtown, picking up along the way their work clothes, which are "strategically stashed at various dry cleaners."
They won't indeed. Half the country thinks Palin is a blackhole for intelligence sucking it away forever and unfortunately much of the rest thinks she is some return of Christ to fix everything in the world. She's basically topped out.

It's too bad Obama can't put people in charge for a day just so that Palin will finally fvck off. Give her the keys to the oval office for 72 hours minus any ability to actually declare wars and see how well she does.