Obama Vs. Palin - Palin pulls within one point of Obama

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
According to a recent CNN poll Palins approval rating is 1 point below President Obamas approval rating.

Obama's new Gallup Poll job approval number is 47%.

The new CNN/Opinion Research Poll shows Palin now at 46% favorable, just one point below her fellow basketball fan.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2009/12/sarah-palin-barack-obama-poll-gap-narrows.html

In other news, Robert Gibbs equates Gallup Poll to a "6 year old with a cryon"
"I tell you, if I was a heart patient and Gallup was my EKG, I'd visit my doctor," Gibbs said. "If you look back, I think five days ago, there was an 11-point spread, now there's a 1-point spread. I mean, I'm sure a 6-year-old with a crayon could do something not unlike that. I don't put a lot of stake in, never have, in the EKG that is the daily Gallup trend."

He added: "I don't pay a lot of attention to the meaninglessness of it."
http://www.politico.com/politico44/...lup_7386fd84-4620-4e10-b7cd-3550967127b1.html

Well Robbert, maybe if you did pay attention to the poll and knew what Americans actually wanted, Obamas approval rating wouldn't continue to drop.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007

Well Robbert, maybe if you did pay attention to the poll and knew what Americans actually wanted, Obamas approval rating wouldn't continue to drop.
Good plan. After losing a close election to a kkk backed opponent in 1958, george wallace paid attention to the neanderthals in alabama and became a fire breathing racist.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
I fully support Palin as the GOP nom!

(I think her approval rating says more about those who approve of her than it does about her)

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Approval poll for what? How do you measure approval of someone who doesn't do anything?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Dig bat. I think we had one to many of those for a century. No offense but she's a female Bush who prides herself on ignorance. I usually vote republican don't know why they just seem to have a better line of BS I guess but I won't vote for her.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Dig bat. I think we had one to many of those for a century. No offense but she's a female Bush who prides herself on ignorance. I usually vote republican don't know why they just seem to have a better line of BS I guess but I won't vote for her.
Don't even use the word female unless you want to give the palin supporters ammo. Even though she's definitely using her sexuality and some dumbasses are falling for it, we should be above this. She's just another version of bush. Actually, she makes bush look not-so-bad in some ways. So really, a bush-lite, if that's even fathomable.

yuppiejr

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2002
Approval poll for what? How do you measure approval of someone who doesn't do anything?

On the topic of approval for doing nothing, I totally agree. Given a full year in office all Obama has managed to do is burden the next generation with debt as the economy continues to tank, unemployment is on the rise and still alienating a majority of the American voters. All this while learning one of the lowest first term presidential approval ratings in history....

As far as Palin, she's been busy doing the same things Obama did prior to becoming president - sell books and campaigning. At least in Palin's case she's not skipping votes in the senate to promote herself while dodging tomatoes thrown by angry liberals with terrible motor skills. :)

Last edited:

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Obama will end up with worse stats than Carter if we are lucky. I remember 21% interest and the days of gas lines and it wasn't that bad but I'm thinking more pop the caps off my pmags.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
On the topic of approval for doing nothing, I totally agree. Given a full year in office all Obama has managed to do is burden the next generation with debt as the economy continues to tank, unemployment is on the rise and still alienating a majority of the American voters. All this while learning one of the lowest first term presidential approval ratings in history....

Gee, Obama getting blame for the bad economy the Republicans gave us, who woulda guessed.

As far as Palin, she's been busy doing the same things Obama did prior to becoming president - sell books and campaigning. At least in Palin's case she's not skipping votes in the senate to promote herself while dodging tomatoes thrown by angry liberals with terrible motor skills. :)

You are a terribly dishonest partisan to attack Obama compared to Palin for his missing some Senate votes, while not acknowledging that she *resigned early* as governor entirely.

Not the 'resigned early to run for President' like Bob Dole did, or the missed votes every Senator who runs for President has, just resigned.

Last edited:

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Gee, Obama getting blame for the bad economy the Republicans gave us, who woulda guessed.

You are a terribly dishonest partisan to attack Obama compared to Palin for his missing some Senate votes, while not acknowledging that she *resigned early* as governor entirely.

Not the 'resigned early to run for President' like Bob Dole did, or the missed votes every Senator who runs for President has, just resigned.

Yup, the repubs repealed the GS act...

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Palin's numbers will continue to rise while Obama's will continue to fall, and he's already the worst-rated recent president in recent years, for his time in office. (Can't compare to Bush though because 9/11 gave him a huge and artificial boost in popularity.)

If you look at any politician, the less he or she does the higher the poll numbers will rise. We don't really like anything any politicians do anymore; anything one does is going to piss off roughly 40% of the voters at the least. If on the other one leaves public office and goes around giving speeches, people think "Hmm, Palin . . . She hasn't pissed me off lately."

I'll have to say too that I respect Bob Dole for resigning to run much more than Obama (who took the paycheck but not the work) or Palin (who resigned to skip the heat, with which I can sympathize but not accord respect.) I didn't vote for the guy, but I thought that showed class.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Heh. Start with false equivalency, proceed from there...

Just the usual lameness...

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Yup, the repubs repealed the GS act...

Both parties share the blame for the repeal of GS. I think it's best left there, but if you insisted on looking at the parties, the large majority of the few 'no' votes were Democrats.

But GS wasn't the whole ause of the economic crash by any means. The 'hands off' regulatory approach, the ideology-based ignoring of the housing bubble and other thiings were big causes as well.

Much of the blame doesn't go to the government at all, but the bottom line is that the Republicans are the ones who primarily screwed up on the economic policies leading to the crash.

THe Republlicans had a core policy of 'sellout to the corporate interests'. Democrats have a moremixed situation, often at odds with the corporate interests but many or most have 'sellout' isssues as well.

Obama alone makes that clear. BUt the little 'good government' there is in Congress is pretty much entirely frpom the Dems - note the threaqd today to put GS back in place - sponsored by five Dems.

I've long said this is why we need to back the progrssive dems - not the Republicans who have pretty much no 'good' members, and not the sellout Dems.

Instead support the Dennis Kucinich, Bernie Sanders, John Conyers, Alan Grayson faction.

ShockwaveVT

Dec 13, 2004
According to a recent CNN poll Palins approval rating is 1 point below President Obamas approval rating.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2009/12/sarah-palin-barack-obama-poll-gap-narrows.html

In other news, Robert Gibbs equates Gallup Poll to a "6 year old with a cryon"

http://www.politico.com/politico44/...lup_7386fd84-4620-4e10-b7cd-3550967127b1.html

wow Palin only has a 46% approval rating and all she's doing is going on a book tour, says a lot about her that she can't even sit at a table and sign books well.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Palin's numbers will continue to rise while Obama's will continue to fall, and he's already the worst-rated recent president in recent years, for his time in office. (Can't compare to Bush though because 9/11 gave him a huge and artificial boost in popularity.)

If you look at any politician, the less he or she does the higher the poll numbers will rise. We don't really like anything any politicians do anymore; anything one does is going to piss off roughly 40% of the voters at the least. If on the other one leaves public office and goes around giving speeches, people think "Hmm, Palin . . . She hasn't pissed me off lately."

I'll have to say too that I respect Bob Dole for resigning to run much more than Obama (who took the paycheck but not the work) or Palin (who resigned to skip the heat, with which I can sympathize but not accord respect.) I didn't vote for the guy, but I thought that showed class.

Palin's poll numbers won't continue to rise, at least not much. They will also only stay at these moderately depressed levels until she actually tries to do something other than pander to extreme right wing elements and go on a book tour. She's got huge baggage, she's not very bright, she has poor command of the issues, and she quit the only office of any note that she ever held.

I think Palin could be a very useful tool for the Republican party in the coming years as the extreme right loves her and she could be good for fundraising. In terms of actually holding any elected office outside of maybe a House seat? Never. (there are a lot of retards in the House, she would fit right in)

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Why is Republican Intelligence some of the scariest shit ever in the history of civilization

WTF has Palin ever done .. look at her loser children and all the miserable comments she has made etc.. Anyone approving of her AS POTUS needs psychological help.. wow.. so frightening

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
mabe the obama can make another one of his soaring oratory BS speechs, blame bush,spew lots of liberal mythology thus bail himself out for a few days. that might make him even with palin.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
mabe the obama can make another one of his soaring oratory BS speechs, blame bush,spew lots of liberal mythology thus bail himself out for a few days. that might make him even with palin.
Jealousy can be a debilitating affliction.

Jun 26, 2007

Actually, i haven't listened to many of his speeches, nor have i read them but if you could quote anywhere where he has blamed Bush that might be a good place for you to start?

Liberalism is progressive, evolution is progressive, naturally those who believe that we rode on dinosaurs less than 6k years ago has regressive minds.

That means that you are thinking like children for all of you with regressive minds.

Jesus on a fucking dinosaur. yeah, someone who believes that should be a politician with any kind of power in their hands... hand over the nuke codes and let jesus decide!