Nothing Ever Changes But The Dates And The Locations

Page 25 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
That's under the assumption that his brain wasn't decayed enough to let him understand that the very idea of molesting his own daughter would be repulsive.
Like I said, there's enough evidence that he's always been a sociopath. I'm not going to give him any implied pass based on (early onset) dementia. Not to mention he said that when Ivanka was a teenager, so that's in the late 1990s or so. Trump's no slobbering buffoon, he tells you exactly what's on his lizard brain because he has no filter.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
An appellate court just ruled that the parents can be prosecuted for manslaughter.

This case seems especially compelling for parental liability.

wow

Yep. Dangerous combination of affluenza and indifference to their child.

• Wow
Reactions: nakedfrog

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004

'Citing an urgent need to act after Uvalde and shootings outside a high school and a church in Iowa, Gov. Kim Reynolds said the state would award up to $50,000 each to 1,500 schools to fix vulnerabilities. Like many other Republicans, she rebuffed calls for stricter gun control while embracing efforts to “harden” schools.

More than 19 months and two deadly Iowa school shootings later, the money only recently started to trickle out, with the vast majority still unspent in part due to bureaucratic delays by local and state officials, according to records reviewed by The Associated Press. Contractors helping run the program, meanwhile, have received millions.

The AP found that most schools statewide have yet to receive funding, including those in Perry, a city of 8,000 people where a Jan. 4 school shooting left two dead and several injured. A state agency last week sent a representative to help Perry district officials finish their application for a $150,000 grant through Reynolds’ program,
a process they started more than a year ago.'
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Wow. Push alternatives to any kind of gun control changes, then don't follow through on the suggested alternatives. Typical rethuglicvnt playbook.

And what do you want to bet those "contractors" handling the program are somehow connected to the state officials who hired them? This is so ridiculous, but hey it's Iowa so...not shocked.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Jennifer Crumbley, mother of the then 15 yr-old who killed 4 and wounded 7 in Michigan school shooting in 2021 has been tried for 4 counts of involuntary homicide and found guilty on all 4 counts.

She faces up to 15 years in prison, and her sentencing hearing was set for April 9.

Her husband, father of the shooter goes on trial next month.

This was one case where I believe they both are guilty. She even said at the trial that she wouldn't have done anything differently. A real peach of a mom.

Last edited:

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Yeah it seems like there was a lot of indifference, indignance, and self-righteousness displayed by her during her trial. No sympathy from me, I hope she gets the maximum sentence.

Reactions: igor_kavinski

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I think this might be the fastest I have ever seen a person age.

Late 2022:
211224103120-oxford-high-school-shooter-parents-james-jennifer-crumbley-1214.jpg

Early 2024:
gettyimages-1983623451.jpg

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I think this might be the fastest I have ever seen a person age.

Late 2022:
211224103120-oxford-high-school-shooter-parents-james-jennifer-crumbley-1214.jpg

Early 2024:
gettyimages-1983623451.jpg

That guy that shot and killed Chris Kyle was like that too..

Totally different images just a few years apart.

Reactions: Pohemi

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004

A female shooter opened fire on Sunday afternoon at pastor Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church in Houston, which has one of the nation’s largest congregations. She was fatally shot by off-duty officers. No one else at the church died.

She came in with a 4-5 year old who was shot in the crossfire with off duty officers.

So we know what gets said about school shootings. What do we say about church shootings?

If only there had been thoughts and prayers?

When you take Jesus out of the church this is what happens?

Evangelical Church shootings are a small price to pay for the freedom of the 2nd amendment?

• Wow
Reactions: hal2kilo and iRONic

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

A female shooter opened fire on Sunday afternoon at pastor Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church in Houston, which has one of the nation’s largest congregations. She was fatally shot by off-duty officers. No one else at the church died.

She came in with a 4-5 year old who was shot in the crossfire with off duty officers.

So we know what gets said about school shootings. What do we say about church shootings?

If only there had been thoughts and prayers?

When you take Jesus out of the church this is what happens?

Evangelical Church shootings are a small price to pay for the freedom of the 2nd amendment?
They'll say thank god the off duty officers were there.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Philly becoming hard on teens - 11 shot so far in last few days.

Monday - 3 students and 2 women shot at bus stop. 1 teen dead.
Wednesday - 8 students shot while waiting for a bus after school. So far no deaths, but one was shot 9 times.

In the video of the second shooting (which took about 10 seconds), the 3 shooters look like teens as well and they shot about 30 times in those 10 seconds.

Yeah, but, we need those gun rights.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Wow

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
And now the Crumbley dad has been found guilty of manslaughter. "Four counts of involuntary manslaughter, a charge that carries a maximum punishment of up to 15 years in prison, which would run concurrently."

The mother was found guilty of the same in Feb and the son Ethan is already serving a life sentence for the 2021 Michigan school shootings.

And now, the family that crimes together gets sentenced together. Both mother and father are scheduled to be sentenced on April 9. I sincerely hope they get the max.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Well crime together is a big harsh. But there has to be consequences to their inaction to be responsible parents.

Reactions: hal2kilo
Mar 11, 2004
And now the Crumbley dad has been found guilty of manslaughter. "Four counts of involuntary manslaughter, a charge that carries a maximum punishment of up to 15 years in prison, which would run concurrently."

The mother was found guilty of the same in Feb and the son Ethan is already serving a life sentence for the 2021 Michigan school shootings.

And now, the family that crimes together gets sentenced together. Both mother and father are scheduled to be sentenced on April 9. I sincerely hope they get the max.

And sad thing is, that will probably expand so that teachers, schools, hell probably other students, will start to be charged, like its the issue.

Well crime together is a big harsh. But there has to be consequences to their inaction to be responsible parents.

My defense would be we live in a society that champions guns as the solution to problems. And then put on a roll of Republicans talking about how there's "2nd Amendment fix to that issue" all the movies where characters shoot their way out of problems, NRA ads, etc.

'Citing an urgent need to act after Uvalde and shootings outside a high school and a church in Iowa, Gov. Kim Reynolds said the state would award up to $50,000 each to 1,500 schools to fix vulnerabilities. Like many other Republicans, she rebuffed calls for stricter gun control while embracing efforts to “harden” schools.

More than 19 months and two deadly Iowa school shootings later, the money only recently started to trickle out, with the vast majority still unspent in part due to bureaucratic delays by local and state officials, according to records reviewed by The Associated Press. Contractors helping run the program, meanwhile, have received millions.

The AP found that most schools statewide have yet to receive funding, including those in Perry, a city of 8,000 people where a Jan. 4 school shooting left two dead and several injured. A state agency last week sent a representative to help Perry district officials finish their application for a $150,000 grant through Reynolds’ program,
a process they started more than a year ago.'
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Wow. Push alternatives to any kind of gun control changes, then don't follow through on the suggested alternatives. Typical rethuglicvnt playbook.

And what do you want to bet those "contractors" handling the program are somehow connected to the state officials who hired them? This is so ridiculous, but hey it's Iowa so...not shocked.

Parents need to start seeking FOIA requests into that shit, and then suing all of those involved. Unfortunately if they aren't already, conservative states will start giving politicians qualified immunity like they give to police, and then Republicans will use that to slander Democrats/liberals saying how it shows corruption. We are so fucked because of the deliberate willful way in which we refuse to hold people in this country accountable if they aren't poor or mostly just scam poor people and not wealthy people.

Oh guaranteed. Which, since everything they complain about is just their plan, like how the PPP loans and the like have made conservatives become welfare queens, constantly seeking ways to grift the system.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

Can't decide what to think about this outcome. Certainly seemed that the parents were staggeringly irresponsible. But still feel a bit uneasy about how it turned out. Seems like there's an element of scapegoating about it. Just as the kid was partly a victim of lousy parenting, the parents were a product of a messed-up culture and facilitated by a flawed legal system. Could probably spread the net of criminal responsibility a lot wider. Though perhaps there wouldn't be room in prison for all those one might ultimately blame.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I'm good with that aspect. Your parents need to be your ultimate cheerleaders and leaders and examples. We need to send this message, that the responsibility is great.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Both parents were sentenced to10-15 yrs. They get time served for the more than 2 years they've already been in jail. I am unable to bring up much in the way of pity for them.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Both parents were sentenced to10-15 yrs. They get time served for the more than 2 years they've already been in jail. I am unable to bring up much in the way of pity for them.

Daddy seemed to lack any empathy. Then goes on rant about the jurors not knowing the truth. Well, why don't you tell us then.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Saw the clip of the father speaking. Yup not genuine. Just like Jan 6 insurrectionists saying they got suckered by the orange monkey and no longer believe the election was stolen.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Daddy seemed to lack any empathy. Then goes on rant about the jurors not knowing the truth. Well, why don't you tell us then.

And then his phone calls from jail where he threatens the prosecutor and says "she'll be sorry." What do you mean by that, chief? I can definitely see where the kid got his psychotic anger management issues. Of course the mom thinks he's normal, he's just like her and her husband.

Jail is the perfect place for that pack of nutballs.