Nothing Ever Changes But The Dates And The Locations

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
News report on tv said the shooter was an 18 yr-old male resident of the town who shot his grandmother right before entering the school. Also that 2 responding officers were wounded but they do not have life-threatening injuries.

Shooter is Salvador Ramos and he just turned 18 this month.

Last edited:

Franz316

Sep 12, 2000
Tragic and sad, but not unexpected. What kind of 18-year-old monster goes to shoot up a bunch of kids.

Kids these days are growing up in such toxic and corrosive society. It's like growing a plant in bad soil.. you get wilted and rotten plants once they reach adolescence. It's not always the adults we should be most worried about. Unfortunately as America continues to collapse these things will become more common, not less, as people more people snap. That said, I'm pretty sure 1 million children could be dead from shootings and nothing would change policy wise.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019
Last several posts are just reiterating the topic of the song the thread title is a quote from.

Somewhere In America -- The Alternate Routes.

Listen to it.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
And as awful as the shooting is, the fact that "we" don't care enough to do anything about it is probably worse. Fuck I'm so angry.

Only have of us don't care enough to do anything about it.
Thoughts and prayers should cover it.

Coverage that I'm listening to keeps mentioning it's a "border town"...

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Fuck, first Sutherland Springs now Uvalde, this shit is really hitting close to home for me. God I hate this shithole country.

Reactions: Linux23

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
We need a 2nd amendment death toll counter.

With the faces of the little ones. Make it hurt those who turn their heads. By shoving it in their faces.

lol they don't care no matter how many die.

Somebody shot up a congressional baseball game and nothing happened. I am less and less wed to a system that us utterly unable and unwilling to solve basic problems as the years go on.

Reactions: TheVrolok

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
The silence from the dipshit pro gun posters is deafening
Gotta wait for talking points; mental health of the shooter, political leanings, did the parents know, what was family life like, how was the gun obtained.. Anything to move the conversation away from how we as a nation are culpable in the murder of these kids.

Reactions: balloonshark

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I thought all those Texas Cowboy good guys with guns were supposed to prevent things like this.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
No mention of number injured yet? I find it improbable he killed 15 and didn't wound any