Nothing Ever Changes But The Dates And The Locations

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Fox be..crickets.
When I was scrolling through the YouTube app yesterday, I saw a Fox News video in the news section that was something like “How are we defining hate crime?” or something obviously polarizing like that. I didn’t even consider watching it as my doc said to watch my blood pressure, but it made me wonder if the talking heads were going to try to distance it from the idea of hate or racism.

So apparently in his manifesto he calls himself a "leftwing authoritarian," but railed against CRT and claims all the usual white replacement talking points.

How many leftists express these discrepant views? Or is he just trolling everyone?
In my opinion, left-leaning concepts tend to be more social in nature, and the very idea of those programs relies on compassion for others. I don’t see how anyone who commits mass murder on innocents — especially in a location that appears to have been racially profiled — can be considered compassionate at all.

Maybe he means left-wing as in relating to before the parties swapped? :p

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
Where are this punk's parents and will they be charged?
Not likely because this punk is technically a legal adult. But that doesn't mean the parents shouldn't face public scrutiny for raising a racist white supremacists authoritarian murderer. This type of behavior is taught more then it's a random chance type of thing.

Nov 17, 2019
They say this has been planned for a while. He spent a lot of money of stuff. That wasn't done in a vacuum. Somebody knows something.

Nov 17, 2019
And now to California......

Authorities: 1 killed, 4 hurt in California church shooting

www.sfgate.com.ico
SFGate|57 minutes ago
One person was killed and four others were critically wounded in a shooting Sunday at a Southern California church, authorities said. The shooting happened at Geneva Presbyterian Church in the city of Laguna Woods,

'Multiple victims' shot at a California church: Authorities

abcnews.go.com.ico
ABC|53 minutes ago
Authorities in California are responding to reports of multiple people shot at a church in Laguna Woods on Sunday. "We have detained one person and have recovered a weapon that may be involved," the Orange County Sheriff's Office tweeted.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
If only Texas didn't have such draconian gun laws a "good guy with a gun" may have been able to prevent that.

Reactions: nakedfrog
Nov 17, 2019

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Like I get that the D.A. has to be careful with his words, “He’s innocent until proven guilty.” But getting tired of the media keep prefixing the “alleged” shooter.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I just can't get over it. Where have I heard this before?
A GUY living with his parents.
Yet, another guy living with his parents.
Kyle Rittenhouse lived with his parents, or parent, and I too have a neplew, an nineteen year old nephew, who lives in his mothers basement. Just how many adult children are there living with the parents? To know the answer to that question could provide a clue as to what society is in for. To answer the question, just how many future mass shootings we can expect?

Nov 17, 2019
Just a crazy mixed up kid havin' funz with his gunz ....

Buffalo Massacre Suspect Mapped Plans on Discord App for Months

The alleged gunman made clear his intentions in a series of posts on the chat app, but no alarm seems to have been raised.

May 16, 2022, 4:26 PM CDT

The accused gunman behind 10 deaths and 3 injuries in Buffalo, New York, over the weekend had spoken explicitly about his plans to commit a terrorist act on the popular chat app Discord since at least last December, according to logs of his posts reviewed by Bloomberg.

The record of his conversations indicate that the alleged shooter, identified by authorities as Payton S. Gendron, 18, had typed out plans to commit a rampage fueled by his White supremacist beliefs for months over a private Discord server. On Dec. 2 he wrote, “I will carry out an attack against the replacers, and will even livestream the attack via discord and twitch,” referring to a popular White supremacist belief that the white race is on the verge of extinction by non-Whites who are controlled and manipulated by Jewish people.

The suspect wrote on Dec. 5 that he initially planned the attack for March 15, three years after the shooting at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, which left dozens dead. He then delayed his attack, carried out at a Tops grocery store, until May 14.

Mar 11, 2004
Probably sad they couldn't recruit the kid

Well, its likely that there's a lot of relatibility that comes into play there.

Just a crazy mixed up kid havin' funz with his gunz ....

Buffalo Massacre Suspect Mapped Plans on Discord App for Months

The alleged gunman made clear his intentions in a series of posts on the chat app, but no alarm seems to have been raised.

May 16, 2022, 4:26 PM CDT

The accused gunman behind 10 deaths and 3 injuries in Buffalo, New York, over the weekend had spoken explicitly about his plans to commit a terrorist act on the popular chat app Discord since at least last December, according to logs of his posts reviewed by Bloomberg.

The record of his conversations indicate that the alleged shooter, identified by authorities as Payton S. Gendron, 18, had typed out plans to commit a rampage fueled by his White supremacist beliefs for months over a private Discord server. On Dec. 2 he wrote, “I will carry out an attack against the replacers, and will even livestream the attack via discord and twitch,” referring to a popular White supremacist belief that the white race is on the verge of extinction by non-Whites who are controlled and manipulated by Jewish people.

The suspect wrote on Dec. 5 that he initially planned the attack for March 15, three years after the shooting at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, which left dozens dead. He then delayed his attack, carried out at a Tops grocery store, until May 14.

Can't be infringing his freeze peach now can we?

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I just can't get over it. Where have I heard this before?
A GUY living with his parents.
Yet, another guy living with his parents.
Kyle Rittenhouse lived with his parents, or parent, and I too have a neplew, an nineteen year old nephew, who lives in his mothers basement. Just how many adult children are there living with the parents? To know the answer to that question could provide a clue as to what society is in for. To answer the question, just how many future mass shootings we can expect?
Where else are they supposed to live when home-buying is increasingly not an option for young people, and rentals have gotten more outrageous as well?

Reactions: pmv and dingster1

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
An interesting twist .....

Authorities: Hate Against Taiwanese Led to Church Attack

Authorities say a gunman in deadly attack at California church was Chinese immigrant motivated by hate for Taiwanese people.
Associated Press May 16, 2022

Alleged Church Shooter Angry Over Tension Between China, Taiwan: Police

The local sheriff's department said Monday that the suspected shooter had a "grievance...between himself and the Taiwanese community, at large."

Rumour is that the shooter is actually born in Taiwan, but is pro China. A retired prof drawing down pension from Taiwan. Couldn't he just move to China if he loves it so much? He filled out country of origin as China in his immigration paperwork, that is what made authorities believe he is from mainland. I guess it is also possible authorities don't know PRC from ROC.

Suspect's last name is Chou, which is a Taiwanese spelling of the last name 周. Mainlander spelling would be Zhou.

I got it from here, no idea about accuracy of the information.

Last edited:

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
So apparently in his manifesto he calls himself a "leftwing authoritarian," but railed against CRT and claims all the usual white replacement talking points.

How many leftists express these discrepant views? Or is he just trolling everyone?

I suppose it's just about conceivable he could be a "left-Nazi". i.e. a Strasserite.

More likely it was just sowing confusion or he's himself confused.

Reactions: hal2kilo

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
This is a strange footnote/twist. Dispatcher sounds staggeringly unprofessional/petulant.

(Lucky it wasn't a voice menu followed by a 'please hold...we are experiencing an unsually high volume of calls...your call is important to us' message.)

• Wow
Reactions: hal2kilo
Nov 17, 2019
There have been several more around the country in the last few days. Almost pointless to try to keep up with them unless something extreme makes one stand out.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Something at a Texas school. Details sparse, one bit says 'two hospitals report treating victims'.
I saw a blurb that it was a shooting near an elementary school and the suspect then ran into the elementary school and the school is locked down.

Nov 17, 2019
Early reports are always a bit conflicting.....

Several children dead after 'active shooter' incident at elementary school: Sources

www.msn.com.ico
ABC News on MSN.com|28 minutes ago
Multiple people are dead, including several children, after an "active shooter" incident at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, law enforcement sources told ABC News. Multiple sources told ABC News the suspect is dead.

Two dead and a dozen children hospitalized after shooting at Texas school, hospital says

www.baltimoresun.com.ico
The Baltimore Sun|13 minutes ago
Two people were dead and more than a dozen children hospitalized as multiple medical centers cared for people injured in a shooting at a Texas elementary school, hospital officials said.

Hospital: 2 dead after shooting at Texas elementary school

Boston.com|7 minutes ago
Two people were dead and more than a dozen children hospitalized following a shooting at a Texas elementary school.