Nothing Ever Changes But The Dates And The Locations

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
The silence from the dipshit pro gun posters is deafening

We know the drill, it is too soon to talk about it, people are mourning and so on. I’m totally against someone using a gun like this, there is nothing we can do because the constitution and stuff plus the shooter would have gotten stuff no matter what regulations are in place, those regulations will only hinder the responsible owners.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe on CNN. Of the mass shootings in the past year, 5 had someone engage with the shooter before police arrived. That works out to only 1 in 15 where a good guy with a gun shooting back.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Gotta wait for talking points; mental health of the shooter, political leanings, did the parents know, what was family life like, how was the gun obtained.. Anything to move the conversation away from how we as a nation are culpable in the murder of these kids.
Short answer: They have to wait for Fox News to give them their talking points to argue with.

As for the Texas Governor, he needs to stfu as someone already said. He is saying it's believed the gunman acted alone.. There is no fucking way that can be determined only hours after the shooting. The blood of the innocent victims hasn't even dried yet, and the motherfucker is already trying to remove blame from anyone other than the shooter.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheVrolok

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
ICE is at the school so undocumented parents have to worry about arrest and deportation when they go to see if their kids are alive or dead...

Reactions: hal2kilo

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
As much as we complain about Repugnicans, if independent voters don’t vote D in November, they are just as stupid.

Reactions: HomerJS

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
No mention of number injured yet? I find it improbable he killed 15 and didn't wound any

Death toll is up to 18 children and 1 adult but still nothng on wounded. One newscast I heard made me think he made sure there weren't any :(

Feb 4, 2009
As much as we complain about Repugnicans, if independent voters don’t vote D in November, they are just as stupid.
Agreed and I have to point out current D leadership has gotten close to zero done.
This doesn’t mean give up, it means vote every single election and keep voting every single election. System is set up to require a 2/3rds majority minimum to get stuff changed.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
There’s going to be a mass shooting one day at a NRA conference
I bet they won't allow unlicensed open carry despite the new laws in Texas. Let's see if the NRA has the balls to follow their own rhetoric

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
I think at the end of the day you just need some states to say "hey we're going to completely ignore the 2nd amendment until laws are passed in Congress to deal with these issues. If you won't deal with it, we will . Come and stop us". It'll cause at least on the federal level discussion and law passing to end the conflict. Right now they can't even get senators to sit and have a honest discussion.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

They’re waiting for the GOP talking points download to spin this from a “too many guns” issue to an immigration/border security issue. Not because they actually believe that it’s only brown first generation kids and illegals shooting up schools, but because it’ll give them just another bad faith talking point to ignore the real issue once again.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
CNN says all the killed were in one classroom. Two teachers and 19 students. Still don't know about wounded but the article in the link below says "Multiple children were wounded inside the classroom... but there is no exact number as to how many at this time."

Also law enforcement said there was no chase of the shooter by police before the school shooting. (That was mentioned as a possibility in a lot of news reports yesterday.)

Last edited:

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
I think at the end of the day you just need some states to say "hey we're going to completely ignore the 2nd amendment until laws are passed in Congress to deal with these issues. If you won't deal with it, we will . Come and stop us". It'll cause at least on the federal level discussion and law passing to end the conflict. Right now they can't even get senators to sit and have a honest discussion.
No red state will do that so it's not gonna matter to Congress since everything is voted on along party lines.