NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 750 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
And… your brain is mush. Rupert Murdoch claims another one.
funny how you are so certain that it is untrue you are willing to insult someone and claim fact. the only way for you to know if antifa is involved is.. oh wait its impossible to prove, there are people out there who want problems, live for issues. You are one of them right? no need to insult people

Denly

Golden Member
May 14, 2011
00a02f39ad4fac655b1cea7baf10cdbf.jpg

Am trying to figure what this mean, take a hike? Riding high?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
funny how you are so certain that it is untrue you are willing to insult someone and claim fact. the only way for you to know if antifa is involved is.. oh wait its impossible to prove, there are people out there who want problems, live for issues. You are one of them right? no need to insult people
Fuck off. :)

Denly

Golden Member
May 14, 2011
People condemned the flags on the Terry Fox statue and also condemned the desecration of the tomb, as well as the nazi flags. They have people guarding the tomb now. Some people like to go to these things just to cause trouble and there's even some rumours antifa is involved. Would not be surprised. In fact nobody that is there has seen the nazi flags in person. It's actually quite clear that it was probably a photo op. They set up, took picture, and left, and then posted it everywhere.

This is the Terry Fox statue after flags were removed:

I don't think there was any bad intention with the flags, not any worse than putting the pride flag on him, but still it's best to leave statues alone so I'm glad they removed them.

Quick chat with police:

The media will never show this. You cannot trust the media and government they are trying to smear this as something bad and trying to find the most negative things to show and not showing any of the positive. There are plenty of videos circulating everywhere and 99% of them are good people. Of course there will be bad apples that go in. Just look at the BLM protests.

Also on a funny note, liar.com now points to Justin Trudeau's Wiki page. Elon Musk owns that domain. He also donated $42069 to the gofundme. Oh Elon lol.

Whether you people like it or not, the world is coming together and fighting to go back to normal, and it's beautiful to see.

Look, I never said a word about this whole event. It is their "right...ish" to voice their concern, just like last summer or other similar events like the dump truck emission or farmer or BLM. But who tf in their right mind dares to touch the arguable #1 hero in Canada that all sides can agree on?

"bothside" seriously need to stop, I am pointing at an incident that was low there was no need to bothside, if you're going to bring up others then I will have to ask where is Doug during this whole event?

Let me ask you an honest and serious question, why anti vax? EVERYONE(99+%) had needles in their arm, everyone has some kind of tech devices, it have been 2 years and billions of vax given later why does it even matter. There are 5m death because of it officially with an est real figure to be 3-5x higher, that is whole Canada worth of death and that is with the help of vax.

I get why people don't want the 3rd shots or mask or mandate but a needle I seriously don't get.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Well, I can't say Spikevax is a great name, but it's worlds better than Comirnaty.
I'll disagree, but has gill77 come in yet to reiterate these two vaccines are still experimental and that Spikevax is version 1.01? Thus rendering all prior shots of the Moderna vaccine null and void?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Look, I never said a word about this whole event. It is their "right...ish" to voice their concern, just like last summer or other similar events like the dump truck emission or farmer or BLM. But who tf in their right mind dares to touch the arguable #1 hero in Canada that all sides can agree on?

"bothside" seriously need to stop, I am pointing at an incident that was low there was no need to bothside, if you're going to bring up others then I will have to ask where is Doug during this whole event?

Let me ask you an honest and serious question, why anti vax? EVERYONE(99+%) had needles in their arm, everyone has some kind of tech devices, it have been 2 years and billions of vax given later why does it even matter. There are 5m death because of it officially with an est real figure to be 3-5x higher, that is whole Canada worth of death and that is with the help of vax.

I get why people don't want the 3rd shots or mask or mandate but a needle I seriously don't get.

I'm not anti vax, I'm anti mandate. I believe everyone should have the choice into what goes into their body, and no one should be treated differently because of said choice. This protest is also about ending ALL the mandates. For example, loved ones having to die alone, or kids having to wear masks all day in school and not seeing their teacher's or friend's faces, needing 2 pieces of ID just go go into a theatre or restaurant or gym. etc... It's about going back to what was normal in 2019 and not accepting this new normal.

I got my 2 shots, and 80% or so of people did too. What else do they want from us? The government needs to be reminded that they work for us, we don't work for them.

We also need to make sure that those who fought for our freedom and died for it have not done so in vein.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I'm not anti vax, I'm anti mandate. I believe everyone should have the choice into what goes into their body, and no one should be treated differently because of said choice. This protest is also about ending ALL the mandates. For example, loved ones having to die alone, or kids having to wear masks all day in school and not seeing their teacher's or friend's faces, needing 2 pieces of ID just go go into a theatre or restaurant or gym. etc... It's about going back to what was normal in 2019 and not accepting this new normal.

I got my 2 shots, and 80% or so of people did too. What else do they want from us? The government needs to be reminded that they work for us, we don't work for them.

We also need to make sure that those who fought for our freedom and died for it have not done so in vein.
1. "In vain"
2. Those who fought for our freedom endured REAL sacrifice, not the minor inconvenience of showing their proof of vaccination and wearing a mask, and they sacrificed for the greater good, unlike you pathetic whiners
3. I heard it was Antifa that put the flowers there

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Fully 7 in 10 Americans (70%) agree with the sentiment that “it’s time we accept that Covid is here to stay and we just need to get on with our lives”

Monmouth University Polling Institute
The main difference in the sense that it is time to move on is due to partisanship – ranging from 89% of Republicans and 71% of independents to 47% of Democrats.
Death cultists still largely in favor of death, no shock there.
“Americans’ worries about Covid haven’t gone away. It seems more to be a realization that we are not going to get this virus under control in a way that we thought was possible just last year,” said Patrick Murray, director of the independent Monmouth University Polling Institute.
Way to go, team anti-vaxx! We couldn't have not done it without you.

Reactions: Captante

Denly

Golden Member
May 14, 2011

Vax proof/passport, if one is not antivax what's the big deal? It is about as inconvenience as wearing a seatbelt. And it likely end starting Q2. Like I said everyone had needles, kids need vax to start school even pre covid. What's the big deal?

having to die alone I am pretty sure no longer applicable in most situations.

Mask, like I said I can understand but it is likely here to stay even if no mandate. It will be a personal choice.

back to pre 2019 normal isn't happening if I have to bet, people will just have to deal with it. Locally maybe but internationally no. Just like travel between US/Canada isn't going back to pre 911 ever.

Wat in vein now?

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
No, it's almost all the first group. Are some people who are immunocompromised or otherwise not responsive to vaccination dying? Sure. Is it two to three thousand people a day? No way.

The unvaccinated are dying at waaaay higher rates than the vaccinated.

View attachment 56703

Yeah, I guess I can't argue with those numbers. But I find it hard to make sense of the fact that the raw daily death totals are going up both globally (nearly back to 10,000 a day) and also within the US, UK, France...

Just surprised there are still that many people who are neither vaccinated nor previously infected, when even by the official figures (only including those actually tested) about 1 in 3 French people and 1 in 4 Brits and Americans, have already had COVID, plus the various vaccination programs have been going for a long time now (it's been 3 months since I had my third shot - I would imagine it's starting to wear-off now).

US rolling average of daily deaths is now higher than it was at the peak of the first wave, two years ago. Perhaps some of that is due to much more testing? Just shocked that there are still enough unvaccinated and not-previously-infected people for that figure to be so high.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Here in my state, we're 71.8% fully vaccinated, 79.3% with at least one shot (age 5 and up), Omicron is famously "mild", but still 32% of our hospital beds are occupied by Covid-19 patients.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Yeah, I guess I can't argue with those numbers. But I find it hard to make sense of the fact that the raw daily death totals are going up both globally (nearly back to 10,000 a day) and also within the US, UK, France...

Just surprised there are still that many people who are neither vaccinated nor previously infected, when even by the official figures (only including those actually tested) about 1 in 3 French people and 1 in 4 Brits and Americans, have already had COVID, plus the various vaccination programs have been going for a long time now (it's been 3 months since I had my third shot - I would imagine it's starting to wear-off now).

US rolling average of daily deaths is now higher than it was at the peak of the first wave, two years ago. Perhaps some of that is due to much more testing? Just shocked that there are still enough unvaccinated and not-previously-infected people for that figure to be so high.
Why do you think the number of new deaths is of people who were not previously infected? The death rate of those getting their second (or more) infection seems to be on the same order of magnitude as the death rate for the first infection. The death rate from the first infection is probably under 1% (once you include all the people who have Covid but were not in the official numbers). The death rate of the second infection seems to be about 0.9%. https://www.doh.wa.gov/Newsroom/Art...k-of-COVID-19-reinfection-in-Washington-state

The way it seems to be going is if you get Covid every year or two, then you get another ~1% chance of dying every year or two.

The first US Omicron death was a reinfection: https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20211224/first-omicron-death-in-u-s-was-reinfection

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Why do you think the number of new deaths is of people who were not previously infected? The death rate of those getting their second (or more) infection seems to be on the same order of magnitude as the death rate for the first infection. The death rate from the first infection is probably under 1% (once you include all the people who have Covid but were not in the official numbers). The death rate of the second infection seems to be about 0.9%. https://www.doh.wa.gov/Newsroom/Art...k-of-COVID-19-reinfection-in-Washington-state

The way it seems to be going is if you get Covid every year or two, then you get another ~1% chance of dying every year or two.

The first US Omicron death was a reinfection: https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20211224/first-omicron-death-in-u-s-was-reinfection

Well, I don't know, to be honest haven't paid a lot of attention to how much protection or not you get from an infection, but have skim-read various claims that it's as good or better than being vaccinated (but personally would far rather just get the vaccine than go through that and take that risk, so never really looked into the question). But that still leaves the issue of just how badly is the US vaccination program going that the thing is still raging away to this extent? Will people please just get jabbed and get this over with.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Well, I don't know, to be honest haven't paid a lot of attention to how much protection or not you get from an infection, but have skim-read various claims that it's as good or better than being vaccinated (but personally would far rather just get the vaccine than go through that and take that risk, so never really looked into the question). But that still leaves the issue of just how badly is the US vaccination program going that the thing is still raging away to this extent? Will people please just get jabbed and get this over with.
You may have seen me quote the stats for my state (Washington) in post 18,743. Even with nearly 72% fully vaccinated, mask mandates in place, this is what our case counts look like:

1643672577620.png

And then you have a state like Kentucky, where they're at 58% fully vaccinated, and no mask mandate... :confused_old:

WA population, case count, deaths: 7.615 million, 1.3M, 10,756
KY population, case count, deaths: 4.468 million, 1.16M, 12,905

I think the main issue with our vaccination program is our surprisingly popular death cult.

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
But that still leaves the issue of just how badly is the US vaccination program going that the thing is still raging away to this extent? Will people please just get jabbed and get this over with.
In Pennsylvania, 10,479,245 people or 81% of the state has received at least one dose.

Overall, 8,401,030 people or 65% of Pennsylvania's population has been fully vaccinated. (i assume that means 2 doses)

And yet in the county i live in the numbers are way lower
Population is somewhere in the 80K-85K area.

Last i heard we have 10 dead just this month for the county.

For the county, about 48% vaccinated(2 doses) & around 22% boosted.
For the county, January averaged 112 new infections per day & most of the month there were 50-55 hospitalized each day.
There were 5 more deaths over the weekend bringing just January's total to 18 dead. No idea if they were vaxed or not & probably most of those were older people but a couple were in their 30s & 40s.
Usually when they interview someone from the hospital they say most in there are not vaxed.

I'm at a loss to understand this.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Where's I'm at, they hit the maximum allowable percentage on the first shot, which is capped at 95% because the counting method could go over 100% otherwise in the county.

Whatever the fuck happens in Alabama will not reach here except by truckers and other similar long-distance commuters.

Even amongst one of the sanest populations, booster uptake is not as "thirsty" as one might expect.

If people a dragging their feet in the blue counties of Maryland, it's because of POC PTSD from the past more than anything else. Republicans are persona non grata in the counties of PG, Montgomery, Baltimore City.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

Trump is talking about pardoning the 1/6 terrorists. They can't figure out if they were FBI Antifa plants or real patriots. But they don't have to keep the stories straight when their supporters are really just idiots.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
In other news things are looking good in the NYC area. Numbers crashing down.

This is going to be a good spring. Been going out a lot and really hoping to start enjoying more things like museums without masks on in a few months.

Reactions: Captante