NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 753 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
I'm all for mandates because a vocal minority of the population buys into crazy conspiracy bullshit and is too dumb for their own good, though those are mutually inclusive. They're the ones keeping this virus alive and prolonging all this nonsense.

I got vaccinated because I trust the science and I want this shit to end. It's fine if others choose not to get vaccinated, but they shouldn't expect to participate in a society where others are being responsible for their own and others' health and safety.

Mandates are only here because the anti-vax jackasses are so out of touch with reality they've managed to drag everyone else down with them, whose patience at this point is non-existent.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
Speaking of insight, do you have any thoughts on dullard's detailed, thoughtful response to your question?
Or are you just here to stir the pot and then guffaw when someone treats you the way you were hoping they would, so you can pretend you're high and mighty?
wow the response police!! do i have to have a response to everyone's opinion? his opinion had a few good points, but ultimately it is irrelevant since we are not going to force every person to have the vaccine, not sure why you cant understand that not even in china is the virus defeated and they can actually force quarantines and vaccines.

my question to them was not answered and instead compared to not feeding a infant. (which translates to death right?) so i didn't feel i needed to reply, thanks for forcing a reply out of me.. you are sure beating the dead horse alot, hope its making you feel better.

btw i was the one at work telling everyone we SHOULD wear masks when teh death count was @ about 2000 in china and had not come to america yet. Do i think anyone should HAVE to wear the mask even tho it will save lives? Nope. (can we say that is similar to the vaccine if not better? )

Reactions: gill77

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
wow the response police!! do i have to have a response to everyone's opinion? his opinion had a few good points, but ultimately it is irrelevant since we are not going to force every person to have the vaccine, not sure why you cant understand that not even in china is the virus defeated and they can actually force quarantines and vaccines.

my question to them was not answered and instead compared to not feeding a infant. (which translates to death right?) so i didn't feel i needed to reply, thanks for forcing a reply out of me.. you are sure beating the dead horse alot, hope its making you feel better.

btw i was the one at work telling everyone we SHOULD wear masks when teh death count was @ about 2000 in china and had not come to america yet. Do i think anyone should HAVE to wear the mask even tho it will save lives? Nope. (can we say that is similar to the vaccine if not better? )
I'm not the response police, you can think of me more as a clown spotter. Thanks for putting on your wig and squeaky red nose!

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
I'm all for mandates because a vocal minority of the population buys into crazy conspiracy bullshit and is too dumb for their own good, though those are mutually inclusive. They're the ones keeping this virus alive and prolonging all this nonsense.

I got vaccinated because I trust the science and I want this shit to end. It's fine if others choose not to get vaccinated, but they shouldn't expect to participate in a society where others are being responsible for their own and others' health and safety.

Mandates are only here because the anti-vax jackasses are so out of touch with reality they've managed to drag everyone else down with them, whose patience at this point is non-existent.
again is it OK to be religious and not take the vaccine but if you think the vaccine has a tracker or unknown long term effect then you should be banished from society?

btw i took all the vaccines and will take the booster eventually, not because i want to but because its easier to travel, it was for convenience. I shouldn't be forced to care if the next person dies or not, i shouldn't be forced to care about anything.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
again is it OK to be religious and not take the vaccine but if you think the vaccine has a tracker or unknown long term effect then you should be banished from society?

btw i took all the vaccines and will take the booster eventually, not because i want to but because its easier to travel, it was for convenience. I shouldn't be forced to care if the next person dies or not, i shouldn't be forced to care about anything.

No, because religious exemptions are bullshit.

Also, the vaccine isn't just for you. It's also to protect others.

I agree you shouldn't be forced to care about others (I would hope you do care about others), but it also works the other way - no one should be forced to care about you and more broadly, anyone who objects to vaccines due to a non-medical exemption.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
No, because religious exemptions are bullshit.

Also, the vaccine isn't just for you. It's also to protect others.

I agree you shouldn't be forced to care about others (I would hope you do care about others), but it also works the other way - no one should be forced to care about you and more broadly, anyone who objects to vaccines due to a non-medical exemption.
i understand teh vaccine is to protect others, but isnt that the same as forcing me to care about others? i agree religion is BS, just a bunch of people afraid to die right?

its really a tough thing, i am FOR the vaccine, i am against making everyone take it. how about a mandate to take away guns while we are at it. just think of the number of lives it will save!

Reactions: Red Squirrel

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012

When did they go to India or South Africa to help breed Omicron or Delta?

You are charging rednecks in America with a crime that occurred in an entirely different jurisdiction and then the pathway out of the jurisdiction

This will never end nor should it until the big fat cats figure out why third world countries are lagging.

Just that people are in general too soft to man up and realize guards must always be kept up.

And the loud anti-vaxxers drown out the hesitant ones who persuasion because of bullshit in the past. So then people like you lump them all together as one when the group isn't the same.

Destructive delusions exist, and the one amongst the vaccinated ist hat they can mingle and linger as they please without penalty to society at large. No. The individual will likely be fine outcome wise but the virus only needs bodies to sustain itself.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
im not trying to force people (unless im a dictator) to do anything. you cant even get people not to murder and rape each other and you are worried about anti vaxxers! im not against the vaccine again just against mandates. but i guess you are just trolling me to say the same things over and over.
Murder and rape are heinous crimes, and have been since prehistoric times. They will continue to be. We have ways of dealing with them. Dealing with a pandemic is something else entirely and your comparing them is mind boggling. Anti vaxxers are killing far more people than murderers, it's orders of magnitude different. The life expectancy of males in the USA has gone down by 2 years since the pandemic has begun. Anti-vaxxers are responsible for a large proportion of that. I have no sympathy for all you clueless people (trolls, here) who are against mask or vaccine mandates.

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

Dude, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the pollution. IMO you stink to high heaven. You just said you don't care about your fellow humans. You don't give a shit. You only care about yourself. Selfishness is a pathetic religion.

• Haha
Reactions: killster1

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Dude, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the pollution. IMO you stink to high heaven. You just said you don't care about your fellow humans. You don't give a shit. You only care about yourself. Selfishness is a pathetic religion.
@killster1 OK, I take that back. You're entitled to your selfishness, why didn't I see that? And you're right, nobody can make you care if people die. Care about what you care about (but I still think that you wanting to get boosted only because it makes travel easier for you is a foolish notion, they aren't doing boosting just to benefit the travel industry :rolleyes: ).

What bothers me is the misery people dying is causing, as much for the health care workers as for the dying and their friends and relatives. Us too, everybody witnessing this goddamn mess. The dead are dead. The dying suffer mightily and it's a goddamn shame.

And you can be anti-vaxx-mandate, that's you. Myself, I'm not. Look, there have been vaccine mandates since vaccines were invented and rightly so. AFAIK you have to be vaxxed against smallpox, measles, polio... why not SARS-CoV-2? If you're in the USA military they make you take a bunch of vaccinations. Schools have vaxx mandates. I'm for this stuff. It's good science, it's humanitarian, it reduces suffering. I've yet to encounter what I think are valid reasons to be anti-vaccination-mandates (with those rare medical exemptions, fuck the bullshit religious exemptions).

What I am against is misinformation, shits like Joe Rogan who are capitalizing on other people's ignorance. Yep, money in his pocket by being thick headed and skeptical and coddling the lazy and stupid.

There are risks in everything. The science shows that the benefits of vaccination by and large FAR outweigh the risks associated with getting vaxxed, revaxxed and boosted. And that's very much an understatement! If you don't believe that watch Dr. Greg Poland's videos. He knows what the fuck he's talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spacehead

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
i understand teh vaccine is to protect others, but isnt that the same as forcing me to care about others? i agree religion is BS, just a bunch of people afraid to die right?

its really a tough thing, i am FOR the vaccine, i am against making everyone take it. how about a mandate to take away guns while we are at it. just think of the number of lives it will save!
I am 100% in favor of that too. I have posted myriad times explaining my positions regarding firearms. IMO nobody anywhere should own any. Any that exist should be very tightly regulated... NEVER OWNED.

I see people saying they are against making people being made to get vaccinated. I can't understand why any sane person would take that position, frankly. What I've seen is that it's largely a symptom of their particular, personal insanity.

U.S. Has Far Higher Covid Death Rate Than Other Wealthy Countries

That's the lead article in the online NY Times the last couple days. It's because of the poor vaccination rates here. Vaccine skeptics are part of the problem. Being against vaccine mandates is unconscionable.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: killster1

echo4747

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2005
U.S. Has Far Higher Covid Death Rate Than Other Wealthy Countries

That's the lead article in the online NY Times the last couple days. It's because of the poor vaccination rates here. Vaccine skeptics are part of the problem. Being against vaccine mandates is unconscionable.

While poor vaccination rates are part of the problem, I would wager that it is a small part of the problem. I think compared to other wealthy countries, the USA has a high number of people that are frankly not healthy. If you look at deaths from covid, you will see that most are from people with underlying health conditions. Mostly obesity,diabetes, etc. Old age age also plays a big part. Nothing you can do to prevent aging .. but as a person ages health begins to deteriorate.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

Perfect encapsulation of the conservative mindset. Except these terrible people will start to care about something IF IT HAPPENS TO THEM!

Then it becomes important for them and others to care about all of a sudden.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Perfect encapsulation of the conservative mindset. Except these terrible people will start to care about something IF IT HAPPENS TO THEM!

Then it becomes important for them and others to care about all of a sudden.

The absolute worst kind of gutless hypocrite is the a$$-clown who "believes in vaccines" AND got the vaccine themselves BUT still advocates for anti-vaxxer lies from the other side of their mouth.

The fvcking GOP is FULL of them. :mad:

You folks know who you are and far as I'm concerned it makes you all a bunch of pathetic little worms. You make me sick.

One day when you are standing tall before the man (we all will) I hope you can remember why it was worth it.... but I doubt it.

Last edited:

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
The absolute worst kind of gutless hypocrite is the a$$-clown who "believes in vaccines" AND got the vaccine themselves BUT still advocates for anti-vaxxer lies from the other side of their mouth.

The fvcking GOP is FULL of them. :mad:

You folks know who you are and far as I'm concerned it makes you all a bunch of pathetic little worms. You make me sick.

One day when you are standing tall before the man (we all will) I hope you can remember why it was worth it.... but I doubt it.
yup jesus is going to be like, "zomg you got tha vaccine and told others they shouldn't have to get it.. you are now BANNISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" i instantly change my stance everyone should be mandated to get every vaccine that comes out from here on. WWJD!! get the vaccine of course right captante?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
yup jesus is going to be like, "zomg you got tha vaccine and told others they shouldn't have to get it.. you are now BANNISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" i instantly change my stance everyone should be mandated to get every vaccine that comes out from here on. WWJD!! get the vaccine of course right captante?

QFA.

In an "encounter" group-therapy session the term used is "hitting ones belly" ROTFL.... evidently successful based on how you knew my reply was for you despite my not quoting or naming you.

;)

thumb_ahh-twatwaffle-mah-douche-canoebe-heed-in-attention-makeam-ahh-52730470.png

*(I'M not the one coming down on the side of irresponsible stupidity)

Last edited:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

No it's about your own self-admitted attitude you care about no one else but yourself. Period. And see zero value in caring about anyone else nor having a society where anything that helps the greater good is implemented. You said it quite clearly yourself.

This is why society will crumble, because we are all in this together on many levels besides our own levels. However we can also guarantee that when something affects you, you will care about it and want society to implement it.

It's just terrible.

Reactions: Muse and Captante

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
No it's about your own self-admitted attitude you care about no one else but yourself. Period. And see zero value in caring about anyone else nor having a society where anything that helps the greater good is implemented. You said it quite clearly yourself.

This is why society will crumble, because we are all in this together on many levels besides our own levels. However we can also guarantee that when something affects you, you will care about it and want society to implement it.

It's just terrible.
you pretend to know what i care and dont care about. just because i said i SHOULD NOT HAVE TO CARE about anyone doesnt mean i dont care about anyone. so funny that you think we even have a society that is together on any level. there is no greater good.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Interesting take on it

(I'm sure Moonbeam will love this story)

Refusal or reluctance to have a Covid-19 vaccine may be linked to traumatic events in childhood, such as parents separating, neglect, or physical, verbal and sexual abuse, new research suggests.

Reactions: Muse and Captante

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
QFA.

In an "encounter" group-therapy session the term used is "hitting ones belly" ROTFL.... evidently successful based on how you knew my reply was for you despite my not quoting or naming you.

;)

thumb_ahh-twatwaffle-mah-douche-canoebe-heed-in-attention-makeam-ahh-52730470.png

*(I'M not the one coming down on the side of irresponsible stupidity)

you are not speaking to me because i dont believe "antivaxxers lies" im just not forcing anyone to do anything (sure you can force kids to get shots before school but they dont have to go to school right)

so will jesus banish me to hell for not wanting people to be forced into things? i guess you dont know and only pretended that would be the case in your post ;)

hope things work out for you in therapy.

• Haha
Reactions: gill77 and Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
you are not speaking to me because i dont believe "antivaxxers lies" im just not forcing anyone to do anything (sure you can force kids to get shots before school but they dont have to go to school right)

so will jesus banish me to hell for not wanting people to be forced into things? i guess you dont know and only pretended that would be the case in your post ;)

hope things work out for you in therapy.

You really are a bit dense ..... it would be too easy to mess with you for it to even be any fun. (sorry)

:p ;)

Why can't you simply accept fact and embrace your inner douchebag?

(besides I'm WELL beyond the reach of any "therapy")

Reactions: Muse