NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 682 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ruudetkinsons

Oct 28, 2021
I walked into a store the other day and they asked me if I had a mask.

Apparently I'm the criminal.

Apparently countries maintenance costs for the North Atlantic Ocean is the cause of Global Warming.
Who said that before?

Dec 10, 2005

Probably not a criminal, but potentially an asshole. If business wants you to put a mask on, do it or shop somewhere else.

Apparently countries maintenance costs for the North Atlantic Ocean is the cause of Global Warming.
Who said that before?
Wtf is this supposed to mean, especially in the context of a non political covid thread?

Last edited:
Reactions: pmv and Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

Who said that before?
Appear to be very high on the clueless scale and likely headed for my Ignore List.

Reactions: Zorba

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca

Just remember, these places are not the ones making the rules, the government are. They're just trying to protect their business from being shut down due to non compliance. So try not to take it out on the business. They probably hate it as much as you do, since it's increased business risk for them having to police all of this. The worse is the vax pass. Having to deal with that requires extra staff and resources. I heard they might be abolishing that system here in Ontario though... but I wonder if it's because they will just have a federal one.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Unfortunately I missed my vaccine appointment earlier today @ CVS thanks to some minor car issues.

Just went to reschedule and found a 645p tonight Moderna appointment available at a different CVS 10 minutes from me!

OTW in a few minutes .... gives me a perfect excuse to get a Zuppardi's meatball pie for dinner!

Just ordered that too! :D *(no cheese & extra sauce/meatballs)

20161105-180216-largejpg.jpg

I don't think Moderna is supposed to look like that.

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

Who said that before?

Not necessarily criminal, but definitely a karen.

Reactions: pmv and Muse

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
More depressing pandemic statistics

Kind-of hard to contexualise that, though. Would need to know how many years of life globally are lost to various other things, to get any kind of grasp of it.

This bit is startling

In 2020, years of life lost were higher than expected in all countries except Taiwan and New Zealand, where there was a reduction in years of life lost, and Iceland, South Korea, Denmark, and Norway, where there was no evidence of a change in years of life lost.

People actually lived _longer_ in New Zealand during the pandemic. Clearly living up to it's reputation as the place to be during any global disaster.
Also more evidence that Sweden got things wrong.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
US cases headed back up, presumably driven by more people gathering inside for cooler weather and of course millions upon million of unvaccinated people.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

Who said that before?

I am on medical leave from a place that asks people to wear masks and gives new ones out free if you don’t have one. We don’t see people as criminals, we just want to comply with the law & protect patients and visitors.

Reactions: Muse

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012

Who said that before?
Hi there, Mr. Bot.

Wear a mask to avoid the hellhole that is the hospital and so-called medical care system, along with saving time and money from productivity losses. Especially if you are older. The first thing they want to do size up your insurance and then maybe, not fast-track someone for death and just morphine shots to ease the pain.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

Who said that before?

You want to know who feels like criminals? People like me, cancer patients, people with compromised immune systems, the elderly…..I haven’t left my home since March of 2020 except to go to work & for cancer care. No stores, no travel, no restaurants, no parties or gatherings of any sort.

Put your mask on & don’t hassle the poor employees who have to ask you to do it!

ruudetkinsons

Oct 28, 2021
I had a mask.

I asked how much a pack of masks were. They said $2.50. They said for $2.75 you get a pack of masks and a flat circle automatic vacuum cleaner that connects a usb to your computer. Without you seeing!

I said cool did you mean trying to hack my computer?.. I slowly soundly soundlessly (pretending I didn't understand) walked to one side of the store, on the bottom shelf I saw second hand mobile phones.

I said how much for the phones!? They said $80 bucks... I actually (funnilly) asked, how come all the mobile phones look silver and eye catchingly the same?

They said It's normal dude, it's cool. I said Oh, I was reading up on Terms and Conditions of getting a drivers liscence in my country the other day and accidently ran into a website with T'S .& Conditions in China. Driving in China.
then at the same time.. I ran into a website and read Android 10 was 80mb in size, and apple 11.5 was 80mb in size.
I closed the tabs.
I already knew the price was connected to the size of android and apple.lol. ..$80 bucks and 80 MB in size.Asians do that sort of thing...

I asked how much for the disinfectant 'for the top of graves' (thinking to my self it sounds really western..it's natural all shoppers in a new shop does(some people think dead people don't have Corona(I believe they do))? My mother really died from Corona. They said No, I said laughingly why not!? $1.50?!

They said noooo....MAYBE next time. .this is not CHINA town...this is China...all the cities are connected and have flying cars. I asked which city am I am in? Am I in China!?...take the first left..it doesn't matter...

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
I asked which city am I am in? Am I in China!?...take the first left..it doesn't matter...
No, you are not in China. You earlier claimed to be in Russia:
Hi I'm new here. I was on the plane to Russia when I got the Spudnik Vaccine.
I was emailing my friends before I got on the plane and still emailing thanks to the Vaccine!
I enjoy talking to bots.

Reactions: zinfamous

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I had a mask.

I asked how much a pack of masks were. They said $2.50. They said for $2.75 you get a pack of masks and a flat circle automatic vacuum cleaner that connects a usb to your computer. Without you seeing!

I said cool did you mean trying to hack my computer?.. I slowly soundly soundlessly (pretending I didn't understand) walked to one side of the store, on the bottom shelf I saw second hand mobile phones.

I said how much for the phones!? They said $80 bucks... I actually (funnilly) asked, how come all the mobile phones look silver and eye catchingly the same?

They said It's normal dude, it's cool. I said Oh, I was reading up on Terms and Conditions of getting a drivers liscence in my country the other day and accidently ran into a website with T'S .& Conditions in China. Driving in China.
then at the same time.. I ran into a website and read Android 10 was 80mb in size, and apple 11.5 was 80mb in size.
I closed the tabs.
I already knew the price was connected to the size of android and apple.lol. ..$80 bucks and 80 MB in size.Asians do that sort of thing...

I asked how much for the disinfectant 'for the top of graves' (thinking to my self it sounds really western..it's natural all shoppers in a new shop does(some people think dead people don't have Corona(I believe they do))? My mother really died from Corona. They said No, I said laughingly why not!? $1.50?!

They said noooo....MAYBE next time. .this is not CHINA town...this is China...all the cities are connected and have flying cars. I asked which city am I am in? Am I in China!?...take the first left..it doesn't matter...
I think maybe you're lost. I think you could create your own thread for discussion of... whatever it is you're talking about.

• Haha

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Perhaps something like this would be of more use? ;)

images

38ambz.jpg
Perhaps something like this would be of more use? ;)

images

38ambz.jpg
Digimon Tamers got that down with the Yuggoth program.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
US cases headed back up, presumably driven by more people gathering inside for cooler weather and of course millions upon million of unvaccinated people.
Holidays coming. :oops: Anti-vaxxers everywhere, my-choicers, freedumb, "don't tread on me" numb skulls. That "don't tread on me" meme got old 100 years ago, the way I see it.

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Bill Burr said it best.

I had no idea about Bill Burr. I see he was in Breaking Bad but TBH I don't know what character. The teacher? The guy's great. I just watched this. Forgive me, it's OT, but this proves he's a master:

Edit: Oh, I see that BB joined Breaking Bad in the 4th season. I haven't gotten that far in it, in fact I guess I have to start over.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Just remember, these places are not the ones making the rules, the government are. They're just trying to protect their business from being shut down due to non compliance. So try not to take it out on the business. They probably hate it as much as you do, since it's increased business risk for them having to police all of this. The worse is the vax pass. Having to deal with that requires extra staff and resources. I heard they might be abolishing that system here in Ontario though... but I wonder if it's because they will just have a federal one.

wrong.