NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 567 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
My daughter received her 1st shot of Pfizer today. The mass vaccination operation was extremely well run and everyone was professional and efficient. Was in and out quick. Shows you the power of our immense resources and what we can accomplish as a group, state, and country if we set our mind to it. Really impressed with the logistics, operations, and just how hard everyone worked while being courteous. I remembered to say thank you to everyone we met because these people deserved it.

Her 2nd shot is in 3 weeks and we will be good to go. Things looked so bleak a year ago with no vaccine in sight. I can't believe a year later we already been vaccinated.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Looks like there is an increase in younger adults being admitted to ICU now, though part of that is probably because older adults are being vaccinated now as well. But it shows we still have a long way to go.

My city hardly has any cases though so not too worried myself and my job does not involve interacting with the public.

Reactions: Captante

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
My daughter received her 1st shot of Pfizer today. The mass vaccination operation was extremely well run and everyone was professional and efficient. Was in and out quick. Shows you the power of our immense resources and what we can accomplish as a group, state, and country if we set our mind to it. Really impressed with the logistics, operations, and just how hard everyone worked while being courteous. I remembered to say thank you to everyone we met because these people deserved it.

Her 2nd shot is in 3 weeks and we will be good to go. Things looked so bleak a year ago with no vaccine in sight. I can't believe a year later we already been vaccinated.
I thought the same thing. It was very well run both times & 2 different locations. 1st place had limited parking but they had a lot of volunteers directing people to open spaces, in the rain.
I tried to thank anyone within earshot too.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
["

Not sure what their issue is. I'm always weary of science by press release, but it seems like Moderna, Pfizer, J&J, and Novavax have been pretty truthful in theirs, but AZ keeps being misleading. Hopefully they get their shit together for the rest of the world, but I don't think we need them here and it'll just give ammo to the antivaxers.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
["

Not sure what their issue is. I'm always weary of science by press release, but it seems like Moderna, Pfizer, J&J, and Novavax have been pretty truthful in theirs, but AZ keeps being misleading. Hopefully they get their shit together for the rest of the world, but I don't think we need them here and it'll just give ammo to the antivaxers.

The vaccine works but god damn they decided to step on every rake possible and not learn a thing each time.

Reactions: Captante and Zorba

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
It looks like the CEO of Texas Roadhouse committed suicide due to COVID-19 related symptoms like Tinnitus:

So, basically COVID drove this poor man insane, which is the first time I heard a story like that. How common is Tinnitus a side effect of COVID?
Interesting. My wife has mild tinnitus but it got real bad a little after she got the vaccine. Like never before been remotely that bad and lasted for two weeks. Since then? Basically back to her very mild symptoms. Only seems like tentative links to COVID and less to the vaccines though. That said we're just gald it subsided

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I think that they just started vaccinating people 45 and older here in Connecticut, unless you're a teacher or a healthcare worker... they got exceptions to go earlier.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
@Captante and you are about ....80 something??

:D

Thats 57 years old NOT 87 rotfl ... although you would never know by looking!

;)

*(it sneaks up on you ... you'll be learning that sooner than you think!)

I think that they just started vaccinating people 45 and older here in Connecticut, unless you're a teacher or a healthcare worker... they got exceptions to go earlier.

Already got Moderna #1 a couple weeks ago (55 & up) ... #2 on April 5th at noon. Been trying to find one sooner but the best I was able to do was early AM on April 4th which hardly seems worth it.

Interestingly it seems if I had gotten Pfizer's version I could have done 3/26 in Windsor CT (40 min drive) or 3/28 in Hamden which is much closer.

Didn't notice any J&J options until towards the end of April btw.

Last edited:

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012

;)

Already got Moderna #1 a couple weeks ago (55 & up) ... #2 on April 5th at noon. Been trying to find one sooner but the best I was able to do was early AM on April 4th which hardly seems worth it.

Interestingly it seems if I had gotten Pfizer's version I could have done 3/26 in Windsor CT (40 min drive) or 3/28 in Hamden which is much closer.

I understand why Gen X blend in with boomers so well. Insufficient appearance difference now that they are all old.

I should obtain an honorary boomer card since my parents are(mom)/would have been(dead dad I cannot feel sorry for) even older than some of you guys. 72 and 88
@Captante there your chance. The border is not too far from you and you are about ....80 something?? :D So no waiting at all.

Pretend to be a Canadian by smiling a lot and say "eh" at the end of each and every sentence, eh?
You can always pick a Canadian out when they say To-more-row.

And the French Canadians...have their accent.

10 years matter a lot in childhood, and between those in their 30s and 20s.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005

;)

You're 57?! I thought you were in your 30s, or maybe early 40s. Dang. Now I feel really young.

• Haha
Feb 4, 2009
Had my second Moderna yesterday.
I feel sore & sick today. Fortunately I planned for this.
Going to spend most of the day napping.

nisryus

Sep 11, 2007
Got my first does of Moderna yesterday. The stadium site that they run was very well organized.

In and out took 30 mins, including the 15 mins wait after getting the shot.

Nov 20, 2009
Well, late yesterday I got an email saying to come and get it and so I registered an appointment to get my first stab. Before making that appointment I called and asked which one it was and its Moderna. They also auto-scheduled me for the second shot exactly three weeks to the day and time for the second shot. Hopefully no clotting since I think that was only associated with AZ, but that could just be my ignorance.

I told the wife to increase my life insurance policy just in case--windfall for her in a worse case scenario.