NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 438 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
RXDnh3T.jpg

My best masks are 3M 9210 N95, whose Achilles heel is its rubber straps. I've had at least 2 of those snap on me. I bought some elastic banding off ebay and yesterday sewed some onto a couple of those masks. I'd rather have my dick in view now than my nose! :)

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Seen a couple stories that indicate the Oxford-AZ US phase 3 is probably about to start dosing. Their UK/Brazil trial should be at or near full enrollment by now.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
RXDnh3T.jpg

My best masks are 3M 9210 N95, whose Achilles heel is its rubber straps. I've had at least 2 of those snap on me. I bought some elastic banding off ebay and yesterday sewed some onto a couple of those masks. I'd rather have my dick in view now than my nose! :)
its bad enough for one person to make lewd crude remarks but to repeat them? id rather have no mask then expose myself as it is a felony and disturbing. no mask well people everyday go to the stores with no mask or gas station no mask. even working in a hospital people dont wear a mask ALOT of the time and we are all mandated to do so and will get in trouble if not. i wear two masks and dont use n95's for long enough for the strap to wear out. i wonder what a n95 with worn out strap would look like dirty bent up and not even making a seal is my guess! now the rubber band strap on teh n95 moldex masks i have had to be replaced on a few as when i took it off it just snaps but my really big head might have had something to do with it and also poor design, the elastic is fine but rubber band straps are a mistake.

• Haha
Reactions: stargazr

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
its bad enough for one person to make lewd crude remarks but to repeat them? id rather have no mask then expose myself as it is a felony and disturbing. no mask well people everyday go to the stores with no mask or gas station no mask. even working in a hospital people dont wear a mask ALOT of the time and we are all mandated to do so and will get in trouble if not. i wear two masks and dont use n95's for long enough for the strap to wear out. i wonder what a n95 with worn out strap would look like dirty bent up and not even making a seal is my guess! now the rubber band strap on teh n95 moldex masks i have had to be replaced on a few as when i took it off it just snaps but my really big head might have had something to do with it and also poor design, the elastic is fine but rubber band straps are a mistake.
I was just trying to be funny. This pandemic is so goddamn serious, a bit of levity, please. Can't you get that is all I meant? I'm no exhibitionist. Jeez.

Where I am you can't go in a store without a mask. I see very few people even in the streets without masks these days. They are more and more prevalent, and I applaud that. Biden said something risky last night when he said he'd mandate nationwide mask wearing. I'm not against it for a second, but there are a shit ton of dumb ass Americans who will get their dander up over that remark and right now the biggest threat to America is not the virus, it's the president, who won't do shit to stop the pandemic here but will in effect make sure it devastates us health-wise and at the same time ensures that the foundation of our economy is destroyed.
- - - -
If you are not dreaming about your most serious problems, you are probably running away from them.

74 days until the big one! Vote... vote early, vote Democratic!

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
*woosh*

It isn't about what you'd "rather" and the normally stark contrast between the two is supposed to be why it is funny. Normally, masks would not have that connotation but suddenly they are mandated for anyone who wants to shop at Walmart... just like clothes. That's why he's comparing the two slips and exaggerating the mask slip as equally embarrassing.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
I was just trying to be funny. This pandemic is so goddamn serious, a bit of levity, please. Can't you get that is all I meant? I'm no exhibitionist. Jeez.

Where I am you can't go in a store without a mask. I see very few people even in the streets without masks these days. They are more and more prevalent, and I applaud that. Biden said something risky last night when he said he'd mandate nationwide mask wearing. I'm not against it for a second, but there are a shit ton of dumb ass Americans who will get their dander up over that remark and right now the biggest threat to America is not the virus, it's the president, who won't do shit to stop the pandemic here but will in effect make sure it devastates us health-wise and at the same time ensures that the foundation of our economy is destroyed.
- - - -
If you are not dreaming about your most serious problems, you are probably running away from them.

74 days until the big one! Vote... vote early, vote Democratic!
now this is suppose to be non political, guess you want to be nasty on all levels! yea its the presidents fault we have the virus!! HAAAAAAAAAA, im only a few hundred miles from you, sure big stores like walmart require a mask. (im not sure if they will wrestle you if you dont have one on, usually the guy is pretty large standing in the front checking that people have masks on. would be fun to see what happens if i try to go in with out it :) the employees in many stores cant figure out how to wear their masks correctly, i ask people at work why they dont wear the n95's they say "it hurts my face" i reply "OF COURSE IT HURTS YOUR FACE THATS HOW YOU KNOW IT IS WORKING!" :p you can dream about biden who will die soon and leave some liberal crazy lady in charge but we will save that for P&N forums.

OK quick google search says they wont block you from entering or touch you, will let you shop and ask you if you want a free mask. They dont usually even stop people who are stealing so i didnt think they would harm someone trying to enter with out a mask.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
*woosh*

It isn't about what you'd "rather" and the normally stark contrast between the two is supposed to be why it is funny. Normally, masks would not have that connotation but suddenly they are mandated for anyone who wants to shop at Walmart... just like clothes. That's why he's comparing the two slips and exaggerating the mask slip as equally embarrassing.
oh so you are a mind reader now? :) so cool, embarrassing to expose yourself? not like its a titty falling out of a bra when you jump.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
oh so you are a mind reader now? :) so cool, embarrassing to expose yourself? not like its a titty falling out of a bra when you jump.
Right. It's not like that.

...but it's suddenly close in a related way since Walmart now requires you to cover your face. That's why it's funny to take the comparison further.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
Right. It's not like that.

...but it's suddenly close in a related way since Walmart now requires you to cover your face. That's why it's funny to take the comparison further.
i guess you didnt read my first reply that says walmart really doesnt require you to cover your face. they wont stop you , they wont chase you or block you. they wont block your sale. (dont really want to try it myself but it does sound amusing specially after you have a negative result in your hand to back up your idiotic stunt.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
i guess you didnt read my first reply that says walmart really doesnt require you to cover your face. they wont stop you , they wont chase you or block you. they wont block your sale. (dont really want to try it myself but it does sound amusing specially after you have a negative result in your hand to back up your idiotic stunt.
FFS, keep digging yourself further into your oblivious hole.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
yea its the presidents fault we have the virus!! HAAAAAAAAAA
OK, so my saying that we have this epidemiological catastrophe because of Trump:

It's because he dismissed it, didn't want (was totally incapable of) dealing with it, that the pandemic is on steroids in the USA. In every other developed country that I know of it's relatively under control. So, no Trump did not engineer the virus, he didn't produce it in his private demon lab. But he's incredibly unfit to lead in this crisis. He blew it off as nothing, under control, everyone can get tested, "it's beautiful." Don't wear a mask, cheers on people who resist mask wearing, social distancing, want to open everything up and then it blows up. You don't have to act stupid.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
I did, but you must not have read mine where I pointed out that exaggeration to relate the two was the entire point of the joke.

Again... "*WOOSH*"

• Love
Reactions: Muse

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
now this is suppose to be non political, guess you want to be nasty on all levels! yea its the presidents fault we have the virus!! HAAAAAAAAAA, im only a few hundred miles from you, sure big stores like walmart require a mask. (im not sure if they will wrestle you if you dont have one on, usually the guy is pretty large standing in the front checking that people have masks on. would be fun to see what happens if i try to go in with out it :) the employees in many stores cant figure out how to wear their masks correctly, i ask people at work why they dont wear the n95's they say "it hurts my face" i reply "OF COURSE IT HURTS YOUR FACE THATS HOW YOU KNOW IT IS WORKING!" :p you can dream about biden who will die soon and leave some liberal crazy lady in charge but we will save that for P&N forums.

OK quick google search says they wont block you from entering or touch you, will let you shop and ask you if you want a free mask. They dont usually even stop people who are stealing so i didnt think they would harm someone trying to enter with out a mask.

Walmart would sacrifice five hundred employees just to sell one fucking Snickers bar.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Is Vegas taking action on coronavirus vs college openings?

I could retire.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Walmart would sacrifice five hundred employees just to sell one fucking Snickers bar.
They always strike me as an amazingly dysfunctional company. I hear the largest employer in the world, but if you work there you are a pea in a huge pod, is my sense of it. To me it's an odd place to be whether as a customer or an employee. I haven't been in one for maybe a couple years now. I do occasional online orders from them, free shipment if at least $35 of goods. Even with those things, weird stuff happens sometimes. Crazy things happen when you do in store pickup. I would never buy a TV online from them again. Crazy things happened when I did that.

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Wow not looking good down south, and to think school did not even official start yet. It's going to be a shit show when it does.

The crazy covid-19 blind and denying partying going on at many colleges and high schools bears no resemblance to my academic experience. I actually went to school to learn. Seems that many kids think school is a place to party, fuck learning.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
The crazy covid-19 blind and denying partying going on at many colleges and high schools bears no resemblance to my academic experience. I actually went to school to learn. Seems that many kids think school is a place to party, fuck learning.

I don't even understand how people have time to party, when I was in college it was the most stressful and busiest time of my life. Especially the last year. So much studying and home work and projects etc. I was going to bed past midnight most days, and I sure as hell was not partying. Near the end I was actually having to decide what homework I don't do, because there was literally not enough time for it all, so the classes I was doing well in had to take a back seat time wise. There was one class that was less important that I used to skip just so I can catch up with stuff.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I don't even understand how people have time to party, when I was in college it was the most stressful and busiest time of my life. Especially the last year. So much studying and home work and projects etc. I was going to bed past midnight most days, and I sure as hell was not partying. Near the end I was actually having to decide what homework I don't do, because there was literally not enough time for it all, so the classes I was doing well in had to take a back seat time wise. There was one class that was less important that I used to skip just so I can catch up with stuff.
I took some computer classes. I had to write some programs. I wrote almost bug free code because I didn't have time to debug it, so I got it right the first time almost every time.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
its all trumps fault remember? what did you get a degree in? we know you are not out for a good time you do not travel, you do not even leave the house. Do you always use condoms or play it safe and just not have sex at all :) we all make our choices. Americans have way to much freedom, and no one cares, people say they rather die then have to wear a mask for the rest their life. :) If you can blame any of it on trump then the people have no brain to think for themselves anyway and deserve what ever they get.

yes we all can achieve the same things in life some people just have to try harder. i worked 12 hour jobs when i was in school everyday, still i went to class did my homework and even had time to have A LOT of fun. we all make our choices, i also would be the first person to finish Every test in every class, so i could go home and have sex with my gf on my lunch break. (they usually gave long test times with a break following it) Some people took the full hour some are done in 10 mins.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
if you owned a business would you stop people from entering the store with out a mask? If so how would you stop them? how long do you think before you got sued and lost. Do you think they should pursue theft physically too? Maybe you just like to say things you dont really believe in.